Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread >

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cutting42
Thanks for the testing. Our whole team has moved to the AE truck springs now.

We did a demo run at a 1/10th buggy indoor meeting a couple of weeks back with four of the trucks being the 3.0 and there has been a lot of interest in how well they ran on the carpet and the local dealer has them flying off the shelves. Hope we see a further pickup in the class.
Have been using the Kyosho Sc/Turck Springs since the 3.0 came out. believe the minimum ride height is around 20mm. Havnt ran In a month or so testing was limited but they seem to work good for me.

XGS022 – Front Yellow (truck Hard) 4.20 lbs/in
XGS023 – Front Orange ( truck Super Hard)

XGS032 –Rear Yellow (truck) 2.63 lbs/in
XGS033 - Rear Orange

Wanted to wait until I purchased the fronts to take some pictures to show the spring height difference, Also cant seem to find the rates for the orange springs . if anyone wants to try these out and let me know that would be great!. might be a little pricey though. also will morelikly use the regular spring cups and not the 4+(don't think it matters with these springs).
Wingsfan1477 likes this.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay_959
Have been using the Kyosho Sc/Turck Springs since the 3.0 came out. believe the minimum ride height is around 20mm. Havnt ran In a month or so testing was limited but they seem to work good for me.

XGS033 - Rear Orange

Wanted to wait until I purchased the fronts to take some pictures to show the spring height difference, Also cant seem to find the rates for the orange springs . if anyone wants to try these out and let me know that would be great!. might be a little pricey though. also will morelikly use the regular spring cups and not the 4+(don't think it matters with these springs).

I'm using XGSO33 super hard spring i love it so far my ride height is 28MM With 4mm spring cap. Never tried in front but it running black spring.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
Ive been using stainless steel screws from McMaster Carr in my Tekno diffs for 2 years. And now im running them in my SCTE diffs and they haven't stripped out at all. Much better than stock, and you can get 20 of them for $5.
That is a great price. Part number please? I have always got quality hardware from McMaster. I'm sure if there is a harder SS screw they would have it. As for the RC stainless kit screws I have had for my past Kyosho, Mugen and TLR, all of them had the hex start to round out after installing and removing them a few times. They do OK in light load locations threaded into nylon, but metal to metal with loctite is recipe for nightmare screw extractions. Other than diffs, all the other Losi screws stand the test of time and many rebuilds/tare-downs. Good coating that doesn't rust easy and hard material that holds up well.
Originally Posted by cutting42
Thanks for the testing. Our whole team has moved to the AE truck springs now.

We did a demo run at a 1/10th buggy indoor meeting a couple of weeks back with four of the trucks being the 3.0 and there has been a lot of interest in how well they ran on the carpet and the local dealer has them flying off the shelves. Hope we see a further pickup in the class.
The price makes testing or using the Associated springs an easy choice. Springs do make a difference, so I hope to get some test time in on the outdoor track if winter weather allows.
Originally Posted by jay_959

XGS033 - Rear Orange

Please take pics and share info. X-Gear springs are top of the line and they are expensive. No way to know about performance without spending the money and time to test. They don't make it easy selecting springs because specs like we normally use are not easy to find that I know of.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Please take pics and share info. X-Gear springs are top of the line and they are expensive. No way to know about performance without spending the money and time to test. They don't make it easy selecting springs because specs like we normally use are not easy to find that I know of.

looks like I need to switch my spring cups around, have the small ones on my front springs so it seems lol. never got all +4

I am running about 26mm ride height

ill take more tonight to show the height difference of springs.

Last edited by jay_959; 11-14-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

They fit good. Lot of adjustment like the associated springs. Any rub on shock body?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

No rubbing. Left is tlr, middle kyosho and right is Durango from my old desc 210
Old 11-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
They fit good. Lot of adjustment like the associated springs. Any rub on shock body?
I have this KYOSHO Shocks in rear no rubbing at all same size with TLR 22 shocks conversion set.
https://www.losipartshouse.com/Produ...Code=KYOXGS016
Old 11-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by raved007
I have this KYOSHO Shocks in rear no rubbing at all same size with TLR 22 shocks conversion set.
https://www.losipartshouse.com/Produ...Code=KYOXGS016
Those springs are the same rate same mine in the picture above the only difference is the spring lenght. Sc/trucks are longer.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

The 59mm hinge pins, they replace the INNER or OUTER hinge pins on the rear of the truck? And what's their part number again?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
The 59mm hinge pins, they replace the INNER or OUTER hinge pins on the rear of the truck? And what's their part number again?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-rac...2c7127/p235452

Or you can use 2.0 truck hinge pins
Old 11-14-2016, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

First time out / stock setup...

https://youtu.be/KW40XJqVdxw
Old 11-14-2016, 10:13 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by winstonite

it looks pretty good for box setup!
Old 11-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winstonite

Nice! Looks like it drives well. Cool paint job.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Turning consistent laps. Looks like it handles jumps and corners well. Not dragging its ass like mine did with the kit springs.

I think its safe to say these spring options you guys are using fit the truck much better. The adjustment window with the spring collar and the support of the truck's weight all look more appropriate.

Now we need TLR to get busy and design springs just for the truck that work properly. The springs in the kit seem to be the right rate, but they are not quality units and they are not long enough to start with. All the springs I have tried and the ones you guys have shared fit better than the stock units.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:56 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Ok guys, as you know I have been enquiring on here about this truck.....found out yesturday down here in NZ that there are still a couple of 2.0's on the shop shelves at really good prices!...I will be racing on med-low grip outdoor....do you think the 3.0 is that much better to justify the extra cost? it works out to be around the US$200 mark cheeper for you guys up there in the big US of A
I am currently racing a Durango DESC410v2...

Cheers Aaron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.