Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlas YM34 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

robk- Thanks for the tips...i havent yet experimented with a sway bar set up on my ym. What did you notice that it did to the car handling wise. I am reallly happy with the way my car is working so i dont want to make to much of a change but was curious.

I highly suggest a front one way. I ran mine for the first time on carpet a couple of weeks ago and was turning the same fastest laps as all the other 'plastic' cars

I did have the same problem with it turning over very easy if i hit a corner dot...and it does some nice barrell rolls But i got that out of the way in practice.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool

I sold my YM34 and I just found out that I have the following parts in my pit box.

- 4mm front oneway diff. It's new. (I used the 6mm unit the first day i ran the car.) The list price on Integy website is $57.99. Who want it? make me an offer? $30? $28?

- a pair of alloy 2deg rear upright. Integy list if for $39.99. How about $20? $18?

Email me if interested. [email protected]
Old 11-08-2001, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Gospeed -
The swaybar made the car get thru the middle of the turn better. It had a tendency to "park" in the corner without it. That is part of the reason why I think it's making a bit too much traction. The oil I had set just on a basic guess at 70wt losi and hpi #1 pistons. I just happened to get the car back into shape this week, and only made spring changes at the track. I wasn't expecting to run rubber tires, and ran the Atlas at the last moment. I wound up at yellow in the back and orange in the front, from the integy spring set.

I used to run the front oneway too, but i lost one of the drive cups in an outdoor crash this summer (lost in the weeds). Strangely, the car was really fast then too... i just got a new cup today so I'm gonna put the 1 way in.

There should be a way to keep the car from rolling over so much, but if you keep it off the dots it's fast.

Last edited by robk; 11-08-2001 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

anyone have a pic on how u install the sway bars and also some instructions on how u make those urself

Thank U
Old 11-08-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

i'll try to get pic up tomorrow
Old 11-09-2001, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Hey just wanted to make a quick post. I got the front oneway in the car, so I'm dual one way now. I ran the car out in front of my house, with pit 25 and 20 (its about 40*f here). It was awesome. I got a suggestion from Arthur to move out the rear shock to the outermost hole on the arm for max rear traction. It was stuck in back and steered like a muuuvvvv!! If it worked like this on a cold dusty street, i want to see it on a track. Good Night!
Old 11-21-2001, 08:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone got a spare diff they want to sell?????

I bought mine with the one way installed, looking for a front diff assembly....

Gospeed has his hooked up at the carpet after he took his one way out (new carpet)

Old 12-04-2001, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

C,mon fellas I know its TC season again.. This Atlas thread sure is dead. Lets wake it up.

I finally got to go race this year already. three 2nd place an FINALLY the WIN..The more I drvive the car the more I learn about what to do to it and make it fast. I love to beat up on those XRay guys..lol
Old 12-04-2001, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Holy crap! another poster besides me! I'm working with the car so maybe I'll have something for you guys. It's been a lot better lately so I'll let you know
Old 12-06-2001, 08:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Were here, but were waiting for the type-t...
Old 12-06-2001, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've been looking awful hard at it but I think I'll wait to see how everyone likes the new arm mounts. I still like the old car. There are finally starting to be more of these (old cars) flowting around. we'll see when ever it get to the states..If we could get a date on when it might show up..I have'nt heard anything. Everyone I talked to don't have the answer..
Old 12-10-2001, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

any body used the Derlin rear diff on this car?

I am having problem getting the adjustment right.
I went through the manual twice and could not find out the problem.

To keep the diff from slipping, I have to tight it so hard that it almost wouldn't turn??

I don't want to go back to the heavy metal diff.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kitracer
any body used the Derlin rear diff on this car?

I am having problem getting the adjustment right.
I went through the manual twice and could not find out the problem.

To keep the diff from slipping, I have to tight it so hard that it almost wouldn't turn??

I don't want to go back to the heavy metal diff.
you need to glue the diff ring onto the derlin outdrive. dont use CA but "All purpose" glue, Glue it while it is still wet and assemble the diff at once. tighten it until the while unit all in place. Let the whole thing sits overnight until the glue dry and adjust the diff.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

thks,

I don't think were the rings that is slipping, (well, I glued with super glue!!) I disassembled twice last night., will try your trick tonite
Old 12-11-2001, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kitracer
thks,

I don't think were the rings that is slipping, (well, I glued with super glue!!) I disassembled twice last night., will try your trick tonite
as i said, dont use CA. CA wont work with derlin or nylon.
as for "All purpose" glue, clean the glue surface with motor spray before you do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.