Team Magic G4

Old 05-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Internal Transmission Ratios

This page very interesting comments about efficiency. Is there something in brief to look at with respect to G4S internal ratios and how to change them? Is there a chart with relationships/spur pinion and internal ratios for G4S?
Thanks
Old 05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by afm
Since gansei posted the numbers I've done some research and so far I could only find rear and front belts from these manufacturers

BANDO
synchronous timing belt 6mm wide 3mm pitch
70 T front P.N. 210-3M-6XP

OPTIBELT
synchronous timing belt 6mm wide 3mm pitch
70 T front P.N, 210-3M-HP6
64 t rear P.N. 192-3M-HP6

AFM
Im talking with TECNIFAJAS to get the belts,
I will keep you posted AFM
Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

the Serpent web site has an overdrive calculator for figuring out final drive numbers...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4S'er
:

Team Magic doesn't care about the US. Give me a break!!! This on road market is 30% or less of the total dollars spent in the R/C hobby. I was just told today that at a very popular series that has about 70 plus racers show up (which is a good number,) are almost all the same that were there 10 years ago!!! What does that mean, we are not getting new people into the hobby. Sure there are some new faces, but a very small number!!! What needs to be done???? Ask the other manufactures, they have done nothing but raise their pricing to overcome slow sales. Team Magic as well as the RC Pro Series realizes that you have to start once again by grass roots promoting. Team Magic and RC Pro Series have started a beginners class. This class is for anyone at home right now with an RTR to come and run with others of same skill level!! Plus you will be helped by a Pro Driver while there. This year there will be by points one National winner. They will receive a FREE G4S RTR. Is that good to get these people out and hopefully get them excited!!?? Next year there will be a complete season schedule for the RTR beginners to run. RC Pro Series will claim by points 7 divisional champions. Team Magic will give one G4S RTR to each winner. That is 7 RTR's plus the cost of advertising to help RC Pro Series carrying this grass roots attempt to get new blood into our hobby!!! Should they keep the RTR's and raise prices OR help the US on road program get on it feet???

Thank you Team Magic, maybe some other manufacturers will join in on how to get our on road program going in the states like the Europeans have over there!!! I guess this is more than my 2 cents...huh??? lol
+1.

After 10+yrs of offroad racing I'm starting my first full season of onroad racing. I absolutely love onroad. At every race so far I have people come up to me and ask the usual questions, "how fast does it go, did you have to put it together, how much did it cost, ect. ect.". I do my best to promote the sport to these people as I believe it to be the best hobby/sport out there. I think I sold a G4 RTR for the LHS today, and hope to see this guy racing with us in the near future.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

deleted

Last edited by asw7576; 01-09-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

No one is asking Gansei in Jakarta ??

I'm going to the track on monday and see some people practicing the race.

I hope I can meet Gansei and have some talks about the race preparation.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
No one is asking Gansei in Jakarta ??

I'm going to the track on monday and see some people practicing the race.

I hope I can meet Gansei and have some talks about the race preparation.
You might have to drag him out of the massage parlors!!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Z00M
You might have to drag him out of the massage parlors!!
Hahaha....... I still remember 835 Beaufort Street

I'm sure Gansei like it too.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Round 6 of the championship over here was held this past Sunday. It was a fairly competitive field with everyone getting their acts together for the State Titles being held in a couple of weeks time.

G4S's managed to qualify 1st, 3rd and 7th And finished 1st, 3rd and 9th in the A final.
Driver:------------------||--Position--||--Q--||--Car
Michael McDonnell-------||-----1-----||--1--||--Team Magic G4S
Ashley Whittaker--------||-----2-----||--2--||-- Mugen MTX-4
Paul Patterson----------||-----3-----||--3--||--Team Magic G4S
Chris Bozich ------------||-----4-----||--4--||--Mugen MTX-4
Ray Wasle--------------||-----5-----||--6-||--Mugen MTX-4
Rahkim Ahmed----------||-----6-----||--9--||--Mugen MTX-3
Nick Iannetta-----------||-----7-----||--5--||--Kyosho VoneRRR
Liam Fossey------------||-----8-----||--8--||--Kyosho VoneRRR
Danny Marks------------||-----9-----||--7--||--Team Magic G4S
Andrew "DJ Whippet"
Newham ---------------||-----10----||--10-||---Mugen MTX-4
Old 05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Round 6 of the championship over here was held this past Sunday. It was a fairly competitive field with everyone getting their acts together for the State Titles being held in a couple of weeks time.

G4S's managed to qualify 1st, 3rd and 7th And finished 1st, 3rd and 9th in the A final.
Driver:------------------||--Position--||--Q--||--Car
Michael McDonnell-------||-----1-----||--1--||--Team Magic G4S
Ashley Whittaker--------||-----2-----||--2--||-- Mugen MTX-4
Paul Patterson----------||-----3-----||--3--||--Team Magic G4S
Chris Bozich ------------||-----4-----||--4--||--Mugen MTX-4
Ray Wasle--------------||-----5-----||--6-||--Mugen MTX-4
Rahkim Ahmed----------||-----6-----||--9--||--Mugen MTX-3
Nick Iannetta-----------||-----7-----||--5--||--Kyosho VoneRRR
Liam Fossey------------||-----8-----||--8--||--Kyosho VoneRRR
Danny Marks------------||-----9-----||--7--||--Team Magic G4S
Andrew "DJ Whippet"
Newham ---------------||-----10----||--10-||---Mugen MTX-4
And you are Michael ??

I'm surprise Perth is a mugen country too ..... just like in Southern California.

Pictures of the track ? And where is it located ?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I am from Malta and I am new to Nitro Racing although not new to RC cars as I competed in several local Championships. I own a G4S not the RTR though. I am still in the process of bulding in and the only part left is the engine. I bought a rear ball diff insetad of the one in the kit. However, I have noticed that with this diff, the rear drive shafts move a lot to the point that they almost fall from the hub. Have anyone noticed this or you have not installed this type of diff? As a remedy, I was going to place an oring inside the rear diff to reduce the lateral travel of the shaft so that it will not fall off from the hub side.

Thanks for your help
Ray
Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
And you are Michael ??

I'm surprise Perth is a mugen country too ..... just like in Southern California.

Pictures of the track ? And where is it located ?
Yes I'm Michael The pictures and map of the track location can be found on the WARCMCC link in my signature.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by g4smalta
Hi all,

I am from Malta and I am new to Nitro Racing although not new to RC cars as I competed in several local Championships. I own a G4S not the RTR though. I am still in the process of bulding in and the only part left is the engine. I bought a rear ball diff insetad of the one in the kit. However, I have noticed that with this diff, the rear drive shafts move a lot to the point that they almost fall from the hub. Have anyone noticed this or you have not installed this type of diff? As a remedy, I was going to place an oring inside the rear diff to reduce the lateral travel of the shaft so that it will not fall off from the hub side.

Thanks for your help
Ray
Hi Ray, that seems to be the common remedy for making sure the rear drive shafts don't run on the edge of the hub on the outside. Use an o-ring and it should be fine. Just make sure the suspension doesn't bind and the dogbones don't bind when the suspension is fully compressed as well.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

Yes I'm Michael The pictures and map of the track location can be found on the WARCMCC link in my signature.
Good on you. ( #1 ).
Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g4smalta
Hi all,

Thanks for your help
Ray
Just like Zoom mentioned ,didnt have a issue when i ran the ball diff.
In fact thinking of putting it back in to see what it does with teh ED.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.