Help me set-up my Hyperdrive pan car >

Help me set-up my Hyperdrive pan car

Help me set-up my Hyperdrive pan car

Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Help me set-up my Hyperdrive pan car

Hey guys,
I am new to oval and have no clue how to set up one of these cars. I won this car in a raffle win they were first released and it has been in the box since then never ran. I decided to build it and race at out local flat carpet oval. I was going to sell it, but I am going to race it.

I really don't know what some of the things are called, I know a few like the T plate and droop. Anyway do you think if I take some detailed pics of the car some people could help me with a general set-up? We have a race this weekend and I would like to be in the "ball park"

Thanks

Josh
Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Josh,

Not saying this website isn't great for some things but you would be better going over to HobbyTalk for Oval related Questions. They have a number of threads about setting up oval cars and one just for Hyperdrive oval cars. Do you know which HD car you have. I have been designing most of there Oval products for the last few years.

Mike
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Hey guys,
I am new to oval and have no clue how to set up one of these cars. I won this car in a raffle win they were first released and it has been in the box since then never ran. I decided to build it and race at out local flat carpet oval. I was going to sell it, but I am going to race it.

I really don't know what some of the things are called, I know a few like the T plate and droop. Anyway do you think if I take some detailed pics of the car some people could help me with a general set-up? We have a race this weekend and I would like to be in the "ball park"

Thanks

Josh
The problem with Hobbytalk is that you ask 10 different guys and you get ten different answers.

I will help you with a setup guide.
Download free from here: http://rcsoftware.web.officelive.com/tech.aspx

Now, this is how you use the guide.

Think of what your car is doing as it drives through a turn (corner speed)
when your practicing on the track.

Think of a turn as Entry, Middle, Exit.
Is the car tight, free or loose on the three points of the turn.

Adjust accordling to the condition from the setup guide and its easy.

Also, don't forget to have fun!!