Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Thunder RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

What kind of gear do the Atlas-base 19t motors like compared to a Reedy Quad Mag? I look forward to running the Atlas-base this winter
Old 08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

see tempest now you have a reason to come out this sunday and beat up on mcgee, lane and myself
testing ya that's it.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Atlas motors are real close to reedy motors b/c of the torque.

Atlas' are usually 1 or 2 teeth higher than C2's

If you have a good gear for the reedy motor start there and maybe try going up a tooth.

I usually run a 31-32 rollout on an 80' track
33-34 rollout on raround a 100' track.

As for this weekend... we'll see Robert, my car is in pieces at the moment in the trailer LOL
Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Michael,

School me...

Whats the story on the Atlas based 19t. I haven't done much 19t racing, but it seems that alot of places running 19t force you to use either the Reedy or C2 motor. Is the Atlas a new type which will start to be included in that short list, or has it been around for a while and just can be run at places that allow any 19t motor ? Fixed timing ? ...

JP
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Atlas is mainly sold overseas. It is imported by Integy.

It is a really great motor that has tons of torque so you can gear it pretty high.

It meets all the specs required... machine wound 19 turn 19 gauge, 24 deg locked timing. 2 magnets.

We were allowed to use it at the roar carpet nats this year. There aren't actually rules for touring 19 for roar. I know there are oval rules.

For some reason certain people running races don't allow it, but its not because it doesn't conform to the rules. Its merely because they have not actually seen or used the motors.

I offered to actually send motors to one person holding a big race for free to see if he would approve it once he saw the motor, but I was shot down. Hey its not my race... I know myself, surge, brahma, and a few more companies are starting to sell them now that they found out how good they perform.

This one race is the only one I've had a problem with so far.

Later

Michael

BTW your stuff is on the way.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Atlas is mainly sold overseas. It is imported by Integy.

It is a really great motor that has tons of torque so you can gear it pretty high.

It meets all the specs required... machine wound 19 turn 19 gauge, 24 deg locked timing. 2 magnets.

We were allowed to use it at the roar carpet nats this year. There aren't actually rules for touring 19 for roar. I know there are oval rules.

For some reason certain people running races don't allow it, but its not because it doesn't conform to the rules. Its merely because they have not actually seen or used the motors.

I offered to actually send motors to one person holding a big race for free to see if he would approve it once he saw the motor, but I was shot down. Hey its not my race... I know myself, surge, brahma, and a few more companies are starting to sell them now that they found out how good they perform.

This one race is the only one I've had a problem with so far.

Later

Michael

BTW your stuff is on the way.

Atlas 19T is very good motor. After Michael introduced me with it.....I never go back to C2 or QM.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kumpol
Atlas 19T is very good motor. After Michael introduced me with it.....I never go back to C2 or QM.

Same here someone introduced me to Much More Cell Master and I never looked back since then.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
What kind of gear do the Atlas-base 19t motors like compared to a Reedy Quad Mag? I look forward to running the Atlas-base this winter

I have been running Thunder RC tuned Atlas for the past month. I normally ended up around 4~5 teeth higher then C2.

I never really spent time much with Reedy QM, if I remember correctly Atlas need about 2 more teeth.

Michael, BTW I installed 2 motor fans last week. I got one more run on the brush, the fans does help
Old 08-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Komkit,

Sorry to hear that man... Hope the new vehicle has plenty of room for the RC stuff LOL. I love RC racers... most important when buying a new car? Will all my RC stuff fit

I understand I pack more in my Trans Am than you could ever imagine LOL Creative packing is key

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

I got an '01 Cobra and can get all of my stuff and one race buddy.....but it is a tight fit.

It was funny to pull up at off-road races and pull 2 tables, 2 chairs, EZ-up, 2 Trinity bags, tire boxes, two trucks, 2 buggies and a 4wd out and watch everyone go "How did you guys get all that crap in there"
Old 08-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Komkit,

Glad to hear it... I thought the fans might help you a little.
They pull so few amps it doesn't affect your run time or punch at all...

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by imprsme
I got an '01 Cobra and can get all of my stuff and one race buddy.....but it is a tight fit.

It was funny to pull up at off-road races and pull 2 tables, 2 chairs, EZ-up, 2 Trinity bags, tire boxes, two trucks, 2 buggies and a 4wd out and watch everyone go "How did you guys get all that crap in there"
LOL no lie there... we got two big plano boxes, 3 trinity bags, 5 12th scales, 2 touring cars, two tables, two chairs, ezup, 2 laptops, 2 clothes bags, and not to mention two big boys in the car LOL The only problem is with all that weight in the rear of the car I lose 2-3 mpg because the front end is pushing more air
Old 08-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Hey Tempest - just found the thread and wanted to say Hello... Do you think you will make it to the A-Train race on Aug 13?

Hope to see you there...
Old 08-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

I'd like too, but you gotta talk to the Bama guys about having so many races so close... It's just too many races for me to make them all... I think I'm going to sit this one out.

I'm going to vegas next month for the IIC race so I'm trying to get ready for that so outdoor racing is probably going to take a back seat for awhile.

If the last RC3 race is on a date I can make that's probably the only other one I will be able to make. I know I will be in Vegas when you guys have the AL state onroad race...

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Bummer - yeah, we have the A-Train on 8-13, the next points race is Huntsville on 8-20 - then some club races... Last points race is 9-10 at RC3, and the State Race on 9-18.

Kinda packing it all together -

Just been looking around your site - looks pretty good to me.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

I should be able to make the RC3 on 9-10...

That'll probably be it for me.

I had a blast racing with you guys this summer though.

Hopefully some of you guys can make it up to nashville for some carpet racing if you don't get anything going down there...

later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.