help me decide - HPI PRO 4 or XRAY T1 FK >

help me decide - HPI PRO 4 or XRAY T1 FK

help me decide - HPI PRO 4 or XRAY T1 FK

Old 06-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by EUracer
Why not an Alex Racing Barracuda R3
Yeah, why not. Good car, but a little too exotic for the LHS in my area - I guess?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by kewdawg
Well, if you race at Hobbytown Usa West Chester, then you know I get a a lot of radio hits. You also know how fast I am - which you aren't. So, When you can go into the PVC pipe at 30 mph and come out unscathed, let me know. In fact, there are two other Xray drivers: Scooby and Tim, who drive just as fast or in Scooby's case, faster than I do and they break the same parts I've broken.

Also, I've blown by you in stock and mod, numerous times. I would be embarrassed to even post!
Are you saying I am slow????

Since when is getting 22 laps in races, and getting laps lower than 13 seconds slow???? You may have blown past me indoor, but I am not slow outdoor. I am not trying to say you are a bad driver, I am just saying the fk is stronger than the Hpi pro4.

And I also use brushless, wich is not slow.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Johnny J
Kewdawgy - You are also humble and modest

I personally like the X-ray, they are tough as nails, parts are relatively cheap and the car is extremely easy to work on.
Sometimes you have to face your attackers head-on. I take no pride in quieting the critics.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ??

How long u guys think the pro4 will last before it gets obselete?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

until tc4 or another xray
Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default icic

the tc3 has been around 4 a very long time right? correct me if i am wrong but is the tc4 gonna come out soon?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Yo Quinn, what's up? I'm not racing much this outdoor season, but if you sell your pro 4, I might buy it for indoor, let me know
Old 06-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Merci...,
I'm just picking with you. I'm not that thick. Since, Its inception, the T1 was widely known for being an exspensive touring car. Things have changed, a little, thru the years and gotten better. I'll say again, I've always liked Xray, but I believe I gave solid justifcation to go with the Pro 4. This is an opinion driven thread. That being said, anything presented which is not fact is nothing more than opinon and in the case of this thread, BIASED opinion. Some of you guys become very religious about your brand choice and start a crusade to defend it. Yes, I like hpi, among others, but I try to always be fair in my assessment of other brands. How many of you, can honestly, say the same?
Think were getting some where !

I own and run an Alex Racing Barracuda, Although i have had 2 X-ray's in the past and if it wasn't for my obsession with being different that's what i'd be racing now !

I'm the only person (along with my farther)i know running a barracuda in my area,I'm the only person using a KO speedo.

I like your point about people being "very religious about your brand choice" thats just perfect from where i'm standing
Old 06-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcguy2477
Are you saying I am slow????

Since when is getting 22 laps in races, and getting laps lower than 13 seconds slow???? You may have blown past me indoor, but I am not slow outdoor. I am not trying to say you are a bad driver, I am just saying the fk is stronger than the Hpi pro4.

And I also use brushless, wich is not slow.
"lower than 13 seconds" huh?... Try 11.67 and 23 laps(on the rear occasion, I got a non-glitch run)- that's FAST!!! Shoot... half the time, I get to the track just in time to throw my car down for the first qualifier.
Ask Scooby and Tim what parts they've broken and they will tell you : C-hub, steering knuckle and suspension arm - the same parts I've broken at the same track. In fact, I spoke to Scooby while he was at the track, earlier today and he told me Tim was breaking parts! Xray parts, that is! Were you at the track today? Did you not see this?
Old 06-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

"lower than 13 seconds" huh?... Try 11.67 and 23 laps(on the rear occasion, I got a non-glitch run)- that's FAST!!! Shoot... half the time, I get to the track just in time to throw my car down for the first qualifier.
Ask Scooby and Tim what parts they've broken and they will tell you : C-hub, steering knuckle and suspension arm - the same parts I've broken at the same track. In fact, I spoke to Scooby while he was at the track, earlier today and he told me Tim was breaking parts! Xray parts, that is! Were you at the track today? Did you not see this?
Quinny Quinn- Don't forget Tim also broke a shock body the same day!
Old 06-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
Yo Quinn, what's up? I'm not racing much this outdoor season, but if you sell your pro 4, I might buy it for indoor, let me know
Now Hockenheimer , I'm only going to say this once... Are you smoking CRACK? I'm never selling my Pro 4!!! I've got a nice Pro 3, I could outfit you with?
No, but seriously. The Pro 4's a definite keeper. Here's a sign that you car is "THE ONE" : When you put it together, throw you electronics in, turn on your radio, put your car down to adjust the steering trim and the car tracks perfectly straight!!!!
I do have a tricked out factory Team TC3 for sale: Xtreme RC SSG Chassis, Hardcore Racing Ceramic Bearings, Lunsford Ttitanium hingepins(2 sets), (wide)blue aluminum hex drives by Yokomo, Version 2 arms (front & Rear),swaybars, full spring set(w/ some doubles) and enough spares(includes aluminum & graphite parts) to open a hobby shop! PM me, If your interested.

Hey, wait a minute... don't you have an Evo 2?!? Oh, boy, this does not look good for Xray!
Old 06-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

But you also have to take into consideration that this is my first season racing onroad outdoor. I havnt had nearly as many opportunities as you have to get better times.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
Quinny Quinn- Don't forget Tim also broke a shock body the same day!
Hey, thanks! I forgot about that! See there, I guess all you FT Xray guys should definitely spring for the Aluminum Shock bodies! How much are they? Oh well, just tac them on to your cost. Good thing my Pro 4 came with aluminum shocks!
Old 06-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcguy2477
But you also have to take into consideration that this is my first season racing onroad outdoor. I havnt had nearly as many opportunities as you have to get better times.
I guess you didn't see the sentence in my last post, where I eluded to the fact, that I don't even get to practice! Furthermore, If you can drive indoors, you should definitely be able to drive outdoors! Our indoor tracks have lanes anywhere from 6 to 8, maybe(if were lucky) 10 feet wide. The outdoor track at Hobbytown Usa West Chester, has 13 - 15 feet lanes and a relatively easy layout!!! Your telling me your having trouble gettin' around?!?
Old 06-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: icic

Originally posted by VerOn_Pat
the tc3 has been around 4 a very long time right? correct me if i am wrong but is the tc4 gonna come out soon?
Yes, very soon!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.