Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Edward,

I notice your PM box is full also. Please send email you spoke of (Australian Engines) with pics to [email protected] so I can get to work as soon as possible. I need to get engine done before Sunday.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Hi Edward,

I notice your PM box is full also. Please send email you spoke of (Australian Engines) with pics to [email protected] so I can get to work as soon as possible. I need to get engine done before Sunday.

Cheers,

Mike.
Hi Mike.
I cleaned my PM box already.
Anyway, I will send pics tonight.
Edward
Old 11-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

hi ed,
what about my last pm
dieter
Old 11-18-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 4racer
hi ed,
what about my last pm
dieter
Hi Dieter.
There are some motors (EFRA) are on the way to Geoff and ones he recieve them, he will contact to you.
Edward.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hi!!

Eduard, please verify your email, I sent you an email regarding one conrod.

Thanks
Edgar
Old 11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys,
I think Edward's email is full too
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys.
My email is [email protected] and it is not full, actualy it is only 2% full with more then 1000 messages. Please resend email or please use web mail [email protected]
Edward
Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Happy Thanksgiving to you Mr. Palmaris
Old 11-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by manokgt4
Happy Thanksgiving to you Mr. Palmaris
Hi Edwin. Thanks a lot and the same to you and your family.
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!!!!
Edward
Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Edward, do you guys modify other motors or just do your own thing? I have a fairly fresh MR-12 Novarossi motor that is just slow. I am not looking for a blistering fast motor because I have others for that, but just a good motor that has the power to keep up on smaller tracks. This thing is so slow, it can barely get out of its own way. I would like to get it modded sometime soon if you guys are interested. Also, what is the price for modifications? Thanks, Joe.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Edward, do you guys modify other motors or just do your own thing? I have a fairly fresh MR-12 Novarossi motor that is just slow. I am not looking for a blistering fast motor because I have others for that, but just a good motor that has the power to keep up on smaller tracks. This thing is so slow, it can barely get out of its own way. I would like to get it modded sometime soon if you guys are interested. Also, what is the price for modifications? Thanks, Joe.
Hi Joe.
I am sorry, but we don't do any modding on any brands, just make our own things.
Contact to Uraha Murnan, he is pretty good on modding.
Edward
Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Wink HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Just want to say HAPPY TURKEY DAY to Palmaris Racing and family. Hope u have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=stefan]Hi Edward,

please look at this, incl. the video and let us know if this is hype or if it will work.

I am not a Leo or such but from the blurb I think that they are confusing a turbine with a 2-stroke. I think that his position has prevented him from replying for fear that it would appear to be sour grapes. So here goes.

The big give away is that there is no mention of the pipe effect. From their description it should perform best without a pipe.

A 2-stroke is a stop start affair where wave motion counts. The most obvious anomalies I see with my limited understanding is the following.

"Angled gas channel to prevent back plate reverse resonance
- In traditional engines, the mixture flow hits the back plate and a reverse resonance is created."

The resonance is created by the ports closing/opening- not the backplate. It is always there.

"Angled gas channel to create a typhoon effect
- The off-center channel exhaust generates a typhoon for improved mixture distribution with a perfect mixing effect to decrease the size of the fuel particles and create the finest gas possible."

At the rpm's we run there is sufficient turbulence if not too much. The typhoon? would surely cetrifuge the fuel out of suspension - a bad thing.

"Angled gas channel to create directional flux management
- The off centre channel directs the flux directly in the side channels of the crankcase for a direct filling."

Since the ports open before BDC which ones will it be aimed at? This should result in unbalanced flow through the transfers- a bad thing.

"Angled gas channel for free connecting rod path
- The off-center hole insures that the connecting rod is never in front of it, allowing a free mixture path without partially closing the hole during the strategic position of the crankshaft."

This is just BS- Since no matter where you put the hole the con-rod passes over it and is directly in front at some stage.

"External slots for post filling effect by centrifugal pump
- Because the mixture channel is angled, the possibility of creating a centrifugal pump exists. When the carburetor opening is closed by the rotation of the crankshaft, the mixture remaining in the carburetor fills six slots machined around the outside of the crankshaft. A channel on the inside of the crankcase directs the mixture through the back ball bearing and increases the filling of the crankcase when normally nothing is happening. Normal engines are working on the “on/off” system. The CRF concept is filling the engine almost all of the time."

If their centrifugal theory applies then these same slots will generate a centrifuge effect out of the carb and not in.

"External slots for better cooling and lubrication
- The cold mixture reduces the temperature of the crankshaft on the outside. Additionally, mixture forced through the ball bearing increases lubrication while lowering bearing temperatures."

What??????the F is this?????

"Small diameter endpin for less friction
- A 3.6-mm pin reduces the circular speed of the connecting rod/pin. Less circular speed equals less friction and less wear. At the same time it allows more material at the bottom of the connecting rod for maximum strength."

The angular deflection (not circular) of the S/E pin is a negligible part of the friction equation. The rest is a non issue unless you have a picco rod (ouch!)

"Angled channel crankshaft for power band adjustment
- Increased power allows flexibility to use crankshafts with different diameter gas channels to optimize the power band and adapt the engine to specific applications."

I would rather change pipe or gearing pesonally! This makes it sound like a finely tuned constant RPM deal for which you would need a constanly variable transmission.

"Automatic cylinder conicity adjustment for lower friction
- The cylinder is sliced (like a flower) around the bottom to allow size adjustment around the piston for maximum compression with minimum friction. Heat generated inside the cylinder creates expansion of its internal faces, which causes expansion and the formation of a double self-adjusted conical shape. More heat causes more expansion, and less power robbing friction
."

How much will they expand and at what temp? Will the piston start to rock at BDC? looks like some useful bits to vibrate off - increasing parts sales.

"Nikasil® (nickel/silicium) coating for ultra long life
- The most modern surface treatment is 2-3 times harder than standard hard chrome plating resulting in increased cylinder life. Nikasil® is used in high performance engines used in racing cars, motocross, and now R/C car engines!"

More BS- A quick google provided this - http://www.pfonline.com/articles/020502.html

That is my opinion - I may be completely wrong.

Perhaps they would like to send a sample to NitroDyne so that the results could be published for all to see.

If they are right then we all own a shite load of shiny silver/pink/purple/orange etc. paperweights.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

The engine has been developed using track tests as well as NitroDyne tests. You will see dyno results very soon
Old 11-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The engine has been developed using track tests as well as NitroDyne tests. You will see dyno results very soon
I look forward to the day we all have one and are all a few hundred dollars poorer and still feature in the same positions we were in before we all had one- nothing has changed- whether it works or not a lot of members will pay to see for themselves!!

Where is the Dyno sheet from NitroDyne - Orion are obviously not too modest to keep it a secret.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.