Search
Like Tree16Likes

Omega Raceway . Melrose Park, IL

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 05:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Omega Raceway . Melrose Park, IL

Greetings "on-road racers".

Joining the ranks of other major cities, Chicago-land now has an official on-road track !!
Dedicated to the pursuit of on road excellence, while providing a relaxed & friendly environment
to all levels of skill. The track/facility is designed for an efficient flow , while maintaining an open &
comfortable setting to enjoy with friends.
Track: Info/Features.
Location : 1950 Ruby St , Melrose Park, IL 60160, unit is at far north end of building (1/4 mile north of RT-64)
centralized location & easily accessible from all major expressways .
Size : 5000 sq ft unit, heated & well lit .
Track : 55x70 = 3850sq ft , Black ETS carpet. No traction rolling with unglued tires (yet).
Track layouts are changed on a weekly basis & before race days to even out the field.
having a 55 ft deep track allows for 6-lanes , giving a huge range of track designs .
Typical lap times for 21.5-FT TC is around 12-13 sec. Tire sauce is SXT . Mains are run in reverse.
Pits : SS tables, well lit & with accessible power at each of the stations . Please use a pit mat
as the tables are metal to avoid sparks, lipo bags are mandatory.
Timing Syst: Livetime scoring software , I-lap transponders . Currently we have 20 transponders to purchase,
or borrow on a one time trial basis.Track classes:As we are starting from fresh the following classes are tentative:
21.5 TC fixed timing (any brand motor / tire)
25.5 VTA
euro truck / Mini / retro ( kyosho , tamiya etc with silver brushed motor)
F1 / US GT / 17.5-TC etc, will be included as the scene evolves.

Track Rules:
We're here to have as many "laps & laughs" as possible with old friends & hopefully make some new ones .
To effectuate that we have 4 very simple rules of conduct = RACE .
Respect ( be kind & courteous)
+Attitude. ( no negativity, diatribe , whining etc)
Coexist ( no racism ,bigotry, ethnic slurs ,bullying etc )
Etiquette (be polite: no yelling , swearing etc )

Covid rules : In accordance with CDC guidelines , all persons shall maintain 6-ft distance &
wear proper masks when in the facility. If you're not concerned about yourself , please be considerate
of others who maybe more susceptible. Clear lexan partitions are installed between pit stations
to minimize the risk. Also,we are currently limiting the overall capacity to 25 .

This facility is a drug, alcohol , gun & drama free zone. Persons flagrantly/repeatedly breaking
the rules are subject to immediate & permanent ejection.

Simply put, we're all here to have fun in a safe & welcoming environment without any drama.

Thank you
Team Omega
Old 02-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Chicagoland onroad racers :

Blizzard madness this weekend...02-06/07-21

Open practice/pickup races .

Doors open :
Saturday 10;00am -5 pm
Sunday 9:30 am -3 pm

Weekly/ bi-weekly /Monthly subscriptions are available to qualified individuals.
Track access is 6am-midnight every day.

Track is 55x70 , featuring black ETS carpet (no traction rolls), I-laps system .

As always first timers are free for the day.

regards
Team Omega
Old 02-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Old 02-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default The owner is an asshole!!!

People stay away from this place the owner is a complete *******. Peter pulled the rug on the last group and be will do it again if someone pisses him off. Go and support an actual Hobbyshop/track!!!

Last edited by Matt M.; 02-07-2021 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crash74
People stay away from this place the owner is a complete asshole. Peter pulled the rug on the last group and be will do it again if someone pisses him off. Go and support an actual Hobbyshop/track!!!
Omega raceway advocates a respectful , drama & verbally abuse free environment for all . Thank you..
Old 02-06-2021, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by metalcrafter
Omega raceway advocates a respectful , drama & verbally abuse free environment for all . Thank you..
Go**** yourself!!! I wouldn’t step foot in that **** hole if you paid me. People need to know the **** head that runs this place. You screwed over many people WHEN YOU PULLED THE PLUG LAST TIME AROUND. All because you had an issue with one person. Because that person called you out for being a complete and total******** moron. Then you wouldn’t admit to what you did was wrong or apologize for it or anything. This place needs to fade away like Covid-19.

AGAIN GO AND SUPPORT AN ACTUAL TRACK AND HOBBY SHOP!!! NOT THIS SPOILED **** THAT WILL TREAT THIS LIKE HIS PERSONAL PLAY PLACE.
Essnowyt likes this.

Last edited by Matt M.; 02-07-2021 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Show up Today.....He will call the cop to have you arrested for trespassing, but you have proof, on here that he invited you....Sue him for all he is worth. #WinWin
Old 02-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mooby64
Show up Today.....He will call the cop to have you arrested for trespassing, but you have proof, on here that he invited you....Sue him for all he is worth. #WinWin
It just goes to show what kinda POS this guy really is. Invites me to come, but then gonna call the cops on me when I do. Besides I wouldn’t show up there anyway. He wouldn’t listen to what I have to say or anything anyone else has to say to him. Because this guy always thinks his crap don’t stink. Like getting caught at Windy cheating, nope he wouldn’t admit to it, car is 150g light, just kept saying everyone cheats. When we busted him for screws sticking out the bottom of the car. Nope not his fault!!! When his custom chassis had sharp edges. Nope we are being jerks for telling him so. When he got caught running on carpet NOT fixed to the floor. Everyone else is the jerk for telling him he is a retard for doing so. When I confronted him about it, it was nothing but excuses. He is a spoiled brat that thinks he can do whatever he wants.

GO SUPPORT AN ACTUAL TRACK AND HOBBYSHOP!!!
Old 02-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Track Rules:
We're here to have as many "laps & laughs" as possible with old friends & hopefully make some new ones .

Kindest regards
Team Omega
Old 02-07-2021, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Again this guy will never admit he was wrong. You sir are not a GENTLEMAN as a true gentleman would admit his fault. You are so spineless I don’t think you could even be considered yourself a MAN!!!

GO SUPPORT AN ACTUAL TRACK. NOT A SPOILED BRATS PLAYPLACE!!!

Old 02-07-2021, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default He knows he is wrong

He knows he is wrong. That’s why he won’t come on and say anything different or come on and say that I am full of crap. Because everything I have said is the truth and he knows it.

GO SUPPORT A REAL HOBBY SHOP AND TRACK!!! NOT A SPOILED BRATS PLAYPLACE!!
Old 02-08-2021, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i am not sure what the deal is here, but if i continue to get reported posts, (some valid some simply not liking the post content) i will remove the entire thread. work it out like adults
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Chicagoland racers:

Track Rules:

This facility is a drug, alcohol , gun & drama free zone. Persons flagrantly/repeatedly breaking
the rules are subject to immediate & permanent ejection.

Simply put, we're all here to have fun in a safe & welcoming environment without any drama.

Thank you
Team Omega
Old 02-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

What did I miss?
Old 02-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have no idea, this omega guy keeps crying about the posts, but will not say anything...i am done with this waste of time, next time i deal with this place will be to delete this circus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.