Wiki Posts
Search

Boss RC motors????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Boss RC motors????

Saw these and just wanted to see what you guys think about them? I'd be using it for 17.5 stock racing.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

http://bossrcmotorsports.com/shop.html
Old 05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

It does look a lot like SP V3 motors. Before you buy such motor, make sure that rules in your local club allow any 17.5T, there's usually a limitation to a certain list of legal stock motors, like ROAR, EFRA or BRCA list. And even if your local club allows us of any 17.5T motor, consider that you might want to go to some bigger event one day which will most definately have the motors limited to certain most popular brands.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Boss is re-badged SP motors and are 100% roar legal
Old 05-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These motors are awesome! Nate is great to deal with, support is second to none! Get one and you will see.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If the motors are as fast as the shipping, you'll be untouchable on the track. I'm going to try mine for the first time tomorrow.

I believe the motors are not legal for IFMAR races though.

Check out the BOSS thread here.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ya, Nate has been working hard since the inception of BOSS R/C Motorsports. Being that he has a very technical electrical background, he has a very good understanding of the workings of brushless motors. He definitely does all the true testing and weeds out motors from awesome to just ok. We're not talking just checking rotors and inductance, which anybody can do nowadays. He knows what he's doing people and really should give his motors a shot. He's done great work for Larry Fairtrace and myself, heck I don't think Larry has lost a race since switching. Man on fire!

Thumbs up to Nate!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

+1 (Best motor you'll ever buy)
Old 05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guy's thanks for the kind words.

Just to let you guys/gals know I am trying my best to be a different Motorsports company. I have been doing a lot of research on many different options and seeking technical support to better everyone's race day! I have a pretty vast pool of individuals that are very knowledgeable with the technology we use in our hobby! I, by myself, would never be able to do this if I didn't have the support and customer's that I have.

Also Jason and Larry have been very helpful in everything I do in the business as they are very straight forward people. If they think something is stupid or unnecessary they aren't afraid to tell me! Which I will admit has saved me in many ways from making mistakes.

Thanks for your time and keep an eye out for us at the races!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I LOVE MY BOSS MOTOR~!!!

I was recently back in PA. visiting family and decided to get some track time in at trains and lanes and thats when i met Nate, he told me all about what he does to the motors and how he picks and matches parts... most of the technical stuff was over my head lol.. .but i ended up buying a 17.5 from him to run in my "Stock spec GT" class over the winter which is basically 17.5 stock rubber with no "Boost" and you have to run GT type bodies. This is the class where i think motors will really make a difference and so far i am loving the results from my BOSS motor i have run it 4 times now and it is FAST! SMOOTH and COOL!

Im not a pro driver in anyway but i would Recommend BOSS motors to any R/C racer.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
He definitely does all the true testing and weeds out motors from awesome to just ok.
So what do they do with the ones that aren't awesome?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phisher
So what do they do with the ones that aren't awesome?
They give them to Trinity to sell. Just kidding. No need to flame.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

+1 to nate and his motors, can't see myself ever wanting to run anything else..
Old 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
They give them to Trinity to sell. Just kidding. No need to flame.
I'm not flaming. I'm just wondering what they do with the motors that aren't awesome? They also state on their website that every motor they sell is "matched". How exactly do you "match" a brushless motor?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not flaming. I'm just wondering what they do with the motors that aren't awesome? They also state on their website that every motor they sell is "matched". How exactly do you "match" a brushless motor?
I have no clue man, all i can say is that for me, its been a great motor and a noticeable improvement from my last 17.5 motor.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The motors that aren't awesome get sold to back yard bashers! Guys love buying them up because I give them a good deal on them! As far as your question about "matching" brushless motors it's a simple process of placing certain rotors with certain stators!

Thanks for your interest in BrcM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.