Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

What parts is needed with this car?
Probably a steel spur gear and split pistons.
Anything else?
Old 03-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies. Ive narrowed my choices down to two cars: MUGEN MBX7 eco and this LOSI 8ight 3.0. How do these two compare? how do they compare as far as durability and ease of working on. I made a bad choice getting a 8.2e rtr at first. I dont want to make that same mistake so I want to step it up a level by going for either Losi or Mugen. Kyosho I heard is good but have weak rear arms. I want something I can bash and run at the track as practice once every other month. I like the sleekness of the losi chassis. The mugens...theyre quality is excellent. Same with losi too though -good quality. What do you guys think I should get? Im new to 1/8 buggy. Thanks !
Old 03-20-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Mugens are great racing platforms but on my track every day someone breaks their front right a-arm. Maybe there's a way to make an upgrade, I don't know, but that would be annoying for me.
Losis win ROAR championships so if you are a good driver you can win every event with 8ight.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c00lguy
Thanks for the replies. Ive narrowed my choices down to two cars: MUGEN MBX7 eco and this LOSI 8ight 3.0. How do these two compare? how do they compare as far as durability and ease of working on. I made a bad choice getting a 8.2e rtr at first. I dont want to make that same mistake so I want to step it up a level by going for either Losi or Mugen. Kyosho I heard is good but have weak rear arms. I want something I can bash and run at the track as practice once every other month. I like the sleekness of the losi chassis. The mugens...theyre quality is excellent. Same with losi too though -good quality. What do you guys think I should get? Im new to 1/8 buggy. Thanks !
If you have concerns with durability, you may want to consider the Tekno EB48.2. I've had no issues with my Losi 8ight E 3.0. Most of the guys at my track run the Mugen's. I haven't seen a Mugen break that didn't deserve it. Guys crashing them a lot and so on. With all things considered, I don't think you could go wrong with the Losi, Mugen, or the Tekno.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Any good low traction outdoor setups? Car has kit setup. Track is slick. Randy hooked me up last year but I lost setup. Looking for more rear traction.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patrick lsp
Any good low traction outdoor setups? Car has kit setup. Track is slick. Randy hooked me up last year but I lost setup. Looking for more rear traction.
The Drake Outdoor setup is probably a pretty solid place to start: http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...tdoorSetUp.pdf.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the 3.0e RTR and the only real thing that I can find that sucks on this car (and I haven't raced it yet) is the servo. And the suspension is really tight.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
I have the 3.0e RTR and the only real thing that I can find that sucks on this car (and I haven't raced it yet) is the servo. And the suspension is really tight.
RTR servos usually suck on every car, so that's not a surprise 😂!
The suspension probably need s to be worked in...
Old 03-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
Pull the shocks off and make sure everything is free, give the rod ends a good squeeze if any of the balls are not freed up which is probably the cause of the "tightness".
Old 03-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, I have squeezed the suspension and it helped. I haven't had it on the track yet but have messed around with it on some grass. Like the cheaters controller (will probably have to tape it off to race) but it really works .
Old 03-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Setup for Silver Dollar R/C Raceway-Chico, CA needed.

Hey guys,

I've signed up for the upcoming sWorks Challenge in May and would like to know what the recommended setup is for the TLR 8ight-e 3.0 buggy. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hey whats up guys! I have my new 8ight-e 3.0 kit now! Im starting to build this thing and I am already confused LOL ! The first part of the build is to build the steering parts. The instructions show a small picture/icon of a spray can. I looked it up and it is part # DYN5500 which is motor spray/degreaser. I dont have any of this stuff. Was this suppose to come with the kit? Will anything get messed up if I dont use this motor spray? Please help! Sorry for the newbie questions. I just want to make sure I build this thing right the first time. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c00lguy
Hey whats up guys! I have my new 8ight-e 3.0 kit now! Im starting to build this thing and I am already confused LOL ! The first part of the build is to build the steering parts. The instructions show a small picture/icon of a spray can. I looked it up and it is part # DYN5500 which is motor spray/degreaser. I dont have any of this stuff. Was this suppose to come with the kit? Will anything get messed up if I dont use this motor spray? Please help! Sorry for the newbie questions. I just want to make sure I build this thing right the first time. Thanks!
I'm assuming your referring to the servo saver build. You can use alcohol to clean any oil or grease on it. The cleaning will help the thread lock to bond.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Who here locks there servo saver right down pretty well when using a high end servo? I did with my old serpent 811be last year and didn't have a issue. I would assume I would be fine?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Who here locks there servo saver right down pretty well when using a high end servo? I did with my old serpent 811be last year and didn't have a issue. I would assume I would be fine?

Correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.