Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Advice for ordering Nitro fuel online >

Advice for ordering Nitro fuel online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Advice for ordering Nitro fuel online

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Advice for ordering Nitro fuel online

I searched but did not find any results on what I’m looking for.

I prefer to Run VP fuel in my Buggy. Does anyone know of a hobby shop or online retailer in the south east or east cost that sells VP fuel by the gallon that will ship 1 or 2 gallons. Preferably 25% Pro race or 25% Tessman blend and not have to incur the hazmat fees.

Let me preface this by saying, there is a local hobby shop in my town, that I do support whenever I need paint or shock oil and something he has that works for me. They mainly stock 90% parts for traxxas and losi RTR Cars

I have talked with shop owner about ordering this for me before. But He has to order it by the case, 6 gallons and pay the hazmat fee, which he said he would do for me. but essentially I would be paying the same thing as if I order it online from Amain because he wants me to buy all 6 gallons at once and pay the the hazmat shipping fee.

I really don’t need six gallons at one time, nor do I wanna drop $300 on fuel that will take me 4-5 years to use. Nitro buggies might run off of magic 5 years down the road for all I know! So I’ve been having to order it by the quart online from Amain which takes 6-7 business days to ship to Georgia. My last order has taken over 11 days due to wild fires and UPS re-routing.

Acquiring my fuel of choice ice is becoming a bit troublesome and it seems so much more economical if I could Buy a gallon at a time. Because I see that Amain sells VP by the gallon for like $28-$48 depending on the blend, but it is for in store pickup only...

Does anyone one have any advice on how I could attain this by the gallon or suggestions on retailers closer to Georgia that sells by the gallon ?

or do most people just buy it by the case online and incur the $70 hazmat fee to get 6 gallons of fuel ?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:29 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Bones brew sells cases by the quart ( 3 gallons )
shipping is included
great fuel, uses VP ingredients with his own oil package
ryanster1999 and Micah78 like this.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Where do they ship from ?

And what would be the most comparable fuel they have to VP 25% ?

I have had almost no engine or tuning issues since I’ve been using VP so that’s why I’m a little hesitant about switching to a different brand

thanks for the info !
Old 10-17-2019, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shady3275
Where do they ship from ?

And what would be the most comparable fuel they have to VP 25% ?

I have had almost no engine or tuning issues since I’ve been using VP so that’s why I’m a little hesitant about switching to a different brand

thanks for the info
This I feel you on, maybe someone on here has even more option as to how you can make your own blend if possible within a big city? I have always wanted that cause u could probably save a few bucks if u know the right places to get the ingredients because vp to me is a lot different to the other manufactures gas. It’s all in the blend and quality. I run nitrotane which is another vp based fuel and I have also always ran vp in my motorcycle. Def great stuff
Old 10-17-2019, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bones Brew, 3 gallons for $100 shipped.
Bones Brew Worlds Blend Nitro Car Fuel Free Shipping USA Lower 48 states
Old 10-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm having the same problem, Shady. I run VP Race 25% nitro 9% oil. I have been ordering from AMain. No luck anywhere else or local. Very frustrating...
Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

This I feel you on, maybe someone on here has even more option as to how you can make your own blend if possible within a big city? I have always wanted that cause u could probably save a few bucks if u know the right places to get the ingredients because vp to me is a lot different to the other manufactures gas. It’s all in the blend and quality. I run nitrotane which is another vp based fuel and I have also always ran vp in my motorcycle. Def great stuff
Good idea, but I’m not trying to pinch pennies to where I wanna try mixing my own. as much as engines cost I’d hate to blow one up because I Didn’t mix the right ratios. I’m happy with the performance of the 25% VP, it has cool run temps, and extremely easy to tune with.

So where do most of you guys get your fuel ?

Are you ordering online in bulk quantity and just paying the hazmat fees on shipping ? Or just adapt To what you can purchase locally
Old 10-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by savage24x
I'm having the same problem, Shady. I run VP Race 25% nitro 9% oil. I have been ordering from AMain. No luck anywhere else or local. Very frustrating...

Savage, I see that that your running a novarossi p5 too. That’s the engine I’m currently using and the VP just works really well with that engine to wanna switch brands
Old 10-18-2019, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Savage, I see that that your running a novarossi p5 too. That’s the engine I’m currently using and the VP just works really well with that engine to wanna switch brands
I too run VP which works really well for me. I have a local Hobbytown that stocks it. In the past I have ran Bones Brew on the recommendation of “Maximo” or Neal, an engine modder here on RC Tech. My cars ran just as good if not better on the Bones Brew. The only reason I haven’t ordered any in awhile is because I don’t need 3 gallons and I can just buy smaller amounts of VP locally. I would highly recommend Bones Brew if you gotta order online.
Shady3275 likes this.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Micah78

I too run VP which works really well for me. I have a local Hobbytown that stocks it. In the past I have ran Bones Brew on the recommendation of “Maximo” or Neal, an engine modder here on RC Tech. My cars ran just as good if not better on the Bones Brew. The only reason I haven’t ordered any in awhile is because I don’t need 3 gallons and I can just buy smaller amounts of VP locally. I would highly recommend Bones Brew if you gotta order online.
thanks for he advice, Again, that is where I am as well. I would love to pick up or order 1 gallon every 3-6 months as needed.

Was there a specific blend you were running, and did you do 25 or 30% nitro ?
Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for he advice, Again, that is where I am as well. I would love to pick up or order 1 gallon every 3-6 months as needed.

Was there a specific blend you were running, and did you do 25 or 30% nitro ?
I was just looking at there site and it looks like you can order just one gallon at a time. Bones Brew comes in quart bottles and not big one gallon jugs. Anyway, the site offers 4 quarts for $32 shipped. I ran the 30% nitro 8% oil that is recommended for Clockwork Racing engines. If you read his descriptions of the different fuels he sells, they are all made with VP nitromethanol.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bones Brew

This fuel has been around for years now, it is the best of all worlds at this point. Rather you bashing or racing. I too switched from VP to Bones. I see results and see more in my pocket
Micah78 likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Alright so I’ve been reading on Bones website about the different mixes. I wanna stay at 25% nitro, and I’m considering Bones as an option, but I have two more questions about bones Fuel.

What is the difference between, Between the worlds blend and worlds v2 ? These appear to be the 25% blends from why I’m seeing

Also, are all of the bones fuels VP based fuels ? I see that it mentions VP base on all the 30% fuels but not 25% (worlds blends) ?
Old 10-23-2019, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Alright so I’ve been reading on Bones website about the different mixes. I wanna stay at 25% nitro, and I’m considering Bones as an option, but I have two more questions about bones Fuel.

What is the difference between, Between the worlds blend and worlds v2 ? These appear to be the 25% blends from why I’m seeing

Also, are all of the bones fuels VP based fuels ? I see that it mentions VP base on all the 30% fuels but not 25% (worlds blends) ?

All their fuels are VP based. Best thing is to call them with your questions, great customer service.
I use the blend that I posted above.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
All their fuels are VP based. Best thing is to call them with your questions, great customer service.
I use the blend that I posted above.
On YouTube look up Raja111 he has a video with a 2 way video call asking questions to Mr. Bones. That one video alone will clear up where they were, where they are today and the future for Bones Brew aka ( bones Motorsports.com ).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.