Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inferno 7.5 RTR Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Inferno 7.5 RTR Upgrades

I recently purchased one of these cars at my local hobby shop mainly on pricepoint. This is my first car and I just wanted to learn to drive at the local track. In the first week I've already destroyed the plastic spur gear, replaced it with a steel spur which promptly destroyed my clutch bell gear. The replacement clutch bell seems to take different bearings so now I have to purchase those. In retrospect I might have been better off with an Jammin' buggy or a kit but I'm a novice and I just wanna get into the sport cheaply for now.

What hop ups would be of the greatest benefit for my inferno? Braces and swaybars? How long will my diffs hold up? Whats the weak link in these cars? I see lots of negative comments but no precise reasoning behind them. Thanks for any info in advance!!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steering servo to replace the RTR.
Stronger front and rear shock towers.
Front and rear braces won't hurt but they'll put more emphasis on suspention setup.
Front and rear sway bars would help flatten the chassis in high speed turns but also limit the suspension on very choppy, rough ground.

The diffs are fine but you need to check them for play and shim the diff accordingly to mesh the ring gear with the pinion gear.

You already discovered the spur gear. Use a piece of notebook paper when you set the mesh between the CB and spur, you do want to have a tick of free movement and be sure it turns all the way without any tight spots.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Is there a more detailed description on how to shim my diffs?? Do CV axles and center shafts offer any benrfit?? The pinned ones are pretty damn noisy...
Old 01-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You should check but I am pretty sure the diffs only come with 2 spider gears in them. You can buy two packs of diff gears and a set of cross shafts and upgrade to a 6 gear diff. For anything other than the stock engine you should do this. The next drive line upgrade would be to replace the aluminum ring and pinion (in the rear first) with the hardened steel parts from the 777.