Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of buying Virtual Rc -- user opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thinking of buying Virtual Rc -- user opinions

Hi,
In Quebec - Canada, Nitro racing season is over. No racing until may 2007.

I was thinking of purchasing Virtual rc with the usb adapter. I've tried the game with the keyboard but that is just plain unplayable and probably does not do the game justice.

My question is this: the game with the usb adapter -- is it good. Do you get the feeling you're racing and is it good enough that you can actually keep the racing hand during winter?

Thanks for your input.
Charles.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlesd
Hi,
In Quebec - Canada, Nitro racing season is over. No racing until may 2007.

I was thinking of purchasing Virtual rc with the usb adapter. I've tried the game with the keyboard but that is just plain unplayable and probably does not do the game justice.

My question is this: the game with the usb adapter -- is it good. Do you get the feeling you're racing and is it good enough that you can actually keep the racing hand during winter?

Thanks for your input.
Charles.
Yes to all your questions... And if you have a flat panel/lcd or plasma display... WOW... You may never leave your house again to go too the track...

RC_Alan
Old 10-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Charles, im in Ontario, Canada and we have the same problem with the weather.
i have been using VRC and not only is it fun to play, it has greatly improved my driving skill and knowledge of the car set-ups.
steve
Old 10-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default VRC

BUY IT DUDE!

IMPROVES UR CAR HANDLING SKILLS

Old 10-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Ok Guys. You've got me convinced One VRC on the way.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think its somewhat ok...Its hard to explain. But Id rather be out racing real cars. It is fun and I think it just keeps the coordination up. If your new it can also help get you used to racing on-road.

Other than that I almost kinda think it might throw you off and doesnt handle real. Other times I wonder if it is more exact than I think.

I played a lot at first , but now im just itching for some real time if you know what I mean.

But dont want to put this product down , if you believe its good and fun. Then enjoy. I guess I was looking for something more realistic.

I think games like gt4 have a better road feel down to the real thing vs a game like this. Allthough its very good for a internet based game company and they are always pushing it further and further. Hopefully soon itll take on a more realistic grip with some slide than the tight , spinny feel of these guys.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree...the physics in Project gotham racing for x box 360 is way more realistic and will do more for driving than VRC.....
Old 10-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

I know a few racers that use it for practice because they can't get to the track. Its actually harder that real racing I think.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozla
I know a few racers that use it for practice because they can't get to the track. Its actually harder that real racing I think.
I agree, and the fact that you can use you own radio is the bomb!!
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Rookie

hi all, i'm in the same boat here trying to decide if it's worth buying or not.

i have already used vrc with the usb adaptor and my radio for some time and i don't think it is very realistic either, but it defenantly helps with coordination if you don't have much experience racing. i also get the impression that it might take you to the wrong direction in some cases, but the feeling of the game has already improved over the past years and they keep working on it. like Artificial-I said however, i don't think it will keep you away from the track but it can be fun (to say the least) when the real track is not an option.

what puts me off right now is the feeling that there is little or no support from them and i don't feel like spending that much for nothing. just to be fair though, i only had to deal with them once recently but it didn't go well so i'm left with this impression that could be just one case or even a misunderstanding. does anyone have any good/bad experiences with them?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nObRaIn

what puts me off right now is the feeling that there is little or no support from them and i don't feel like spending that much for nothing. just to be fair though, i only had to deal with them once recently but it didn't go well so i'm left with this impression that could be just one case or even a misunderstanding. does anyone have any good/bad experiences with them?

I've been using it more or less since it came out, the only time I've had to contact the support was recently to get my installation id reset which they did the same day I sent the email.

Regarding driving it I don't have that much experience of driving onroad (I've got a team magic g4 but have only raced it once), I mainly race 1/8 offroad and would say that VRC has made my driving alot smoother.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. I can say that it has helped me in understanding what some setup options do, but for the most part, I feel it might have helped me with understanding timing getting into corners and how to run a better line..
Old 10-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Another good thing is that the top guys on it are really helpful and will send you replays if you ask them so you can see what lines they are using.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
I agree...the physics in Project gotham racing for x box 360 is way more realistic and will do more for driving than VRC.....
Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Neil777
Another good thing is that the top guys on it are really helpful and will send you replays if you ask them so you can see what lines they are using.
There's quite a few replays you can download from my site, 3hobby.net - kindly sent in by some of the top guys. Of course, there's set-up files for VRC too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.