Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree470Likes

Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That's still 20g or so heavier than the ultra light Blitz GSF.
Yet you don't see anybody seriously racing with that, guess why.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its awesome, can't wait to try this M410 !
Old 02-05-2017, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perzeus
Yet you don't see anybody seriously racing with that, guess why.
My point was that Bittydesign claimed this was the lightest one on the market, even though it isn't. I made no claims as to whether the Blitz ones were any good. Inaccurate marketing claims is a pet peeve of mine.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My point was that Bittydesign claimed this was the lightest one on the market, even though it isn't. I made no claims as to whether the Blitz ones were any good. Inaccurate marketing claims is a pet peeve of mine.
Nobody cares about your peeve mate. Any company can make a shitty 50g $10 body that tears up in the wind and handles like shite.. I wouldn't even embarrass myself by calling that a race body.
How about instead of bringing up irrelevant rubbish and causing arguments go and appreciate a properly designed and tested race body that actually resembles a real car.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lionel S
Nobody cares about your peeve mate. Any company can make a shitty 50g $10 body that tears up in the wind and handles like shite.. I wouldn't even embarrass myself by calling that a race body.
How about instead of bringing up irrelevant rubbish and causing arguments go and appreciate a properly designed and tested race body that actually resembles a real car.
Considering somebody put the effort into writing laws governing false advertising, some people obviously care. I never said I don't appreciate this body. I was just commenting on an inaccurate marketing claim.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

That's still 20g or so heavier than the ultra light Blitz GSF.
Exactly, because it is an ultralight, but we talked about lightweight that is different from the ultralight.

We are able to make ultralight, we have done a lot of test last summer/autumn, were bodies of 0.50mm and were about 62gr, but they are too light, fragile and deformable with only the air pressure. In the modified class they are absolutely unusable. This is why we believe that our lightweight are exceptional, because they weight 10gr less than other lightweight bodies, but stay very strong and performing.

Last edited by Bittydesign; 02-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I Know bitty would have done their marketing research. Why would you even try to make mention of this for any other reason than to make an issue and sound important. Nobody else has. Everyone else here is excited about this. To have an amazing looking body that has been tested and designed in house from the ground up that resembles an actual car is what the hobby needs. not outright copies like everyone else. Just do everyone a favour and keep your negativity and so called "research" to yourself.

Last edited by Lionel S; 02-05-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That is correct, although they are not the same thickness...
Hopefully bittydesign will come out with their 0.5mm or 0.45mm bodies to match... 50grams would be impressive...
20grams difference is pretty significant...
Thank you for understand that ultralight is different from lightweight.

We are not interested at the moment to make the ultralight bodies.
As said by Perzeus, guess why.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lionel S
I Know bitty would have done their marketing research. Why would you even try to make mention of this for any other reason than to make an issue and sound important. Nobody else has. Everyone else here is excited about this. To have an amazing looking body that has been tested and designed in house from the ground up that resembles an actual car is what the hobby needs. not outright copies like everyone else. Just do everyone a favour and keep your negativity and so called "research" to yourself.
Once again, I'm not attacking the looks, performance, design or originality of this body. I'm interested in this body too. I mentioned it because I'm in the market for the lightest practical body I can get since my car is excessively overweight. This looks like a strong candidate, even though it's not much lighter than my current one.

Thanks Bittydesign for clarifying your position. It wasn't clear you considered the sub 80g bodies a completely different category to lightweight. The Blitz website calls both their 0.7 and 0.5 bodies "lightweight" and just use the number to differentiate them.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

And what is the characteristic of the body? Where would you place it among the other ones in your lineup?

As I am a big BMW fan I will definitely try one as soon as it's available at my local dealer. Even though I already have a big stockpile of unpainted bodies waiting to be used.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have been waiting for this to be released. I have been very impressed with the Ascari and Nardo bodies. The reports from the test drivers have all been very favourable, so I eager to try it for myself.
I have used other lightweight/ultralight bodies and never had any luck with. Self destruct after a day of use. So I would rather a more durable and usable product.
Thanks Bittydesign for a more car looking product.
Regards
Calvin.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

The M410 project includes all our experience and know-how gained in over 10 years of presence on the racetrack, designed with the collaboration of a car designer renowned internationally and tested with the help of our worldwide team drivers who participated in the development of a product that look stunning and with performance at the top of the class.

The result is a body with an instantly recognizable look, the design of the front end creates a very fast entering that stay constant throughout the steering range while the rear end has been developed with shapes and Efra measurements which ensure a high stability and traction that make the model particularly easy to drive on all surfaces with medium, high or very high grip.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ascari

Switched from the Mazda 6 PF body to the BD Ascari body at the Snowbirds this week and was instantly converted. Without fail the new body is on my must have list (personal reason for wanting that body) related to where I am employed. If it works as well as the Ascari then..... The weight and performance in 25.5 TC was really noticeable . Thanks BD !!!

Rodney
Old 02-06-2017, 01:31 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I ran an ultralight blitz gsf at dozens of race days in 17.5 blinky and it was still in better condition than a lw pf ms6 body with half as many runs. The ultralights actually last quite well in the slower 17.5 classes. In modified, they do indeed deform at higher speeds if you don't brace them with a 5th body post and foam between the bumper and the area of the body behind the splitter. Those items partially negate the weight savings of the ultralight body. I had better luck with the lw body in modified touring.

Anyways, the M410 looks fantastic, and i can't wait to try one.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regardless of all the debate I want the M410, mostly for it's looks and it's modeled after a BMW.....if it works that is a bonus. When can we expect to see them in the States?.....can't wait to try this body!!

Bravo to Bitty for a great design!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.