Jaco Rubberz

Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jaco Rubberz

Hey Guys, just wondering if anybody has run these tyres and how they perform..

Thanks Guys
Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray To The Max

Thanks Guys
I have been ran a couple of sets of greens already and they seem to be pretty good. I think they compare to the RP's in performance, but don't seem to drop off as quickly.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone how they are!lol I've run them two weeks now and they work as well as anything else and don't seem to wear as bad.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray To The Max

Thanks Guys
I have done some involved testing with the greens and blues (28's & 32's) both with additives and without. I found that both the 28's and the 32's perform well, (like a RP30). They are better with additives than without (I use Hybrid Dip). If you are a one run or two run type a guy, then you would most likely enjoy these tires.

However, if you tend to try to get several runs out of a set (for club racing and practice sessions) these tires will leave you dissapointed for sure. I have found many that with other brands of tires (varying compounds) even when the tire has dropped off in performance3-6 runs, its still worthy of 4-8 more runs. This is not the case with the Jacos though. In the 12 sets I have ran none of them have been worth more than 3-4 runs. I'm not just speaking of the point were they loose a couple tenths. I'm talking about total loss of shape (completely gone). Most of this testing has been with stock motors, (asphalt). In one case I put in a BL 4.5, the tires (28's) had only three runs with a stock motor on them at the time. Two runs later the webbing (strands) and inserts were showing.

So do they perform? In my opinion, yes. Are they the best choice for the weekly racer? Not this one.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Gravity RC

I have been running them a ton on carpet and wear is not an issue, my self and Billy Easton had sets that we ran over 20 times and when we went to
put new ones on i went the same speed and billy went not even a full tenth faster. If their is one thing i know about rubber tires its that results will vary depending on the track.. for example at the reedy race Rp30s are honestly 3or4 tenths faster the first run than on the second, but i have also seen a track where they dont drop off much.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Default The surface.

The surface used for those tests was new ashpalt, very high grip. (130-138 degrees in the day, 80-95 degrees at night). I have not had a chance to run any carpet.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I have been running them a ton on carpet and wear is not an issue, my self and Billy Easton had sets that we ran over 20 times and when we went to put new ones on i went the same speed and billy went not even a full tenth faster.
Wow! That sounds like more life than even CS27's.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Gravity RC

Oh I see, I think that with a track like that you may want to try the orange's I can understand your results now. Even though the blue is a 32, on some tracks they have such good grip that you may need to go harder than you would think. I think that you would really like the orange's.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Gravity RC

syndrome: yea, they wore very well at trackside. I know that the results will vary depending on where and how they are used but i have had no problems
Old 09-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is another issue to consider: most of the tires available right now are THIN wall tires. We have since changed the mold to decrease the airgap and thicken the tire. This will result in much more life on abrasive surfaces. The tires for Vegas are going to be thick wall as are all the tires we get in from here on out.
The majority of the feedback we have gotten is that they last a very long time and get better as you run them. However, on abrasive surfaces, the thin wall tires wear out in about 3 runs. The thick ones are much better.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Here is another issue to consider: most of the tires available right now are THIN wall tires. We have since changed the mold to decrease the airgap and thicken the tire. This will result in much more life on abrasive surfaces. The tires for Vegas are going to be thick wall as are all the tires we get in from here on out.
The majority of the feedback we have gotten is that they last a very long time and get better as you run them. However, on abrasive surfaces, the thin wall tires wear out in about 3 runs. The thick ones are much better.
Ah, I see. Will there be different part numbers for this or will they just be thrown into the mix with no new numbers?

Last edited by mrrcguy; 09-08-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

It will be a running change. Same part numbers.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Jack, you got mail
Old 09-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply's guys. They sound pretty good so i think i'll give them a shot. At the moment i only run Muchmore 32's. They wear pretty well and give heaps of grip on good tracks. They seem to not have enough grip on slippery tracks. Hopefully the Jaco's will give me an alternative..

Thanks Guys...keep em coming!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Jack - Have the new thicker sidewall tires been shipped? And if so anyway to tell the difference between the two? I know people are bringing their own tires to run during practice at IIC. I dont want to sell tires to people that are going to handle different than the tires used as handouts in Vegas.

Corey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.