Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
Hey, I've got some pics of my Pro2 that is being retrofitted with Pro4 suspension, which I wanted to post and get suggestions. The pics are too big. Is there someone I can email them to to get them resized? Thanks.
-Josh
I've got photoshop on mac. Email them to me and I can resize it tomorrow at work if it's no rush [email protected]
Old 01-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kewdawg
This has to do with the amount of weight allowed to transfer from front to back and vice versa. Kick-up/Anti-dive, up front, reduces the amount of weight being transferred from the rear, off-power. Anti-squat is the amount of weight allowed to transfer to the rear, on-power. Use kick-up to keep too much weight from transferring to the front and reducing rear traction, when off-power. Use anti-squat to keep too much traction from going to the rear, to maintain front traction when accelerating.
Couldn't have said it better.

The question to JHARDY is wether you are loose in the corner off power, mid corner or on power?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Thankts

Thanks Kewdawg

MikeR ... seems more like on power and mid corner at the same time. Our track is pretty tight. All racer have to burp the throttle once or twice and when I do that, then is seems to loose traction. I run no brake on the ESC so it doesnt slow down much.

Please tell me what direction I need to go. Kewdawgs explaination was good, just too good for me I guess.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

That means when you get on throttle the weight isn't transfering enough to the back tires to provide grip- the weight need to shift to the back of the car on power. Several things will do this for you;
1. increase your front droop- as a rule I always have slightly more in front then in back.
2. zero anti squat in back- anti squat or kick up tends to take away traction from that end of the car.
3. slightly more rear toe in (atleast 2.5)
4. firmer front shock- induces weight transfer to rear.

Make slight adjustments- radical changes will compound the problem.
Also watch to make sure the rear chassis isn't so low (ride height) that it's bottoming out when the weight is transfering to the back- not good.

Also get this great book- http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/xxx/xxxb001.htm
Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JHardy
Thanks Kewdawg

MikeR ... seems more like on power and mid corner at the same time. Our track is pretty tight. All racer have to burp the throttle once or twice and when I do that, then is seems to loose traction. I run no brake on the ESC so it doesnt slow down much.

Please tell me what direction I need to go. Kewdawgs explaination was good, just too good for me I guess.
JHARDY,
If, you have to "blip" your throttle on an electric touring car, then several things could be working against you:
1- you don't have nearly enough steering or
2- you're taking the wrong line into the corners or
3- you're throttle input is not smooth and linear (none of that on / off, like a light switch, stuff) or
4- you're not letting off soon enough before going into the turns.

Give us the rest of your set-up, so we can make good suggestions for you.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:45 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey kewdawg I broke down and bought a Cyclone last week. I thought sure I would see you with one. Your a pretty big HPI guy over the last few years. It will compliment your Pro4 well. I might buy a Pro4 so I will have a few more spares for the Cyclone and also to have the option of having a shaft car and belt car.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey kewdawg I broke down and bought a Cyclone last week. I thought sure I would see you with one. Your a pretty big HPI guy over the last few years. It will compliment your Pro4 well. I might buy a Pro4 so I will have a few more spares for the Cyclone and also to have the option of having a shaft car and belt car.
Hey, Brian!
What-up, dude? When you coming back to Horsham? I saw you over in the Cyclone thread, snooping around. I knew you were going to get one. I wanted one but the price was way too high! Maybe when it drops a bit more and they get that, "lack of a front diff" issue, worked out. It has the same suspension so it's gotta be good.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR
That means when you get on throttle the weight isn't transfering enough to the back tires to provide grip- the weight need to shift to the back of the car on power. Several things will do this for you;
1. increase your front droop- as a rule I always have slightly more in front then in back.
2. zero anti squat in back- anti squat or kick up tends to take away traction from that end of the car.
3. slightly more rear toe in (atleast 2.5)
4. firmer front shock- induces weight transfer to rear.

Make slight adjustments- radical changes will compound the problem.
Also watch to make sure the rear chassis isn't so low (ride height) that it's bottoming out when the weight is transfering to the back- not good.

Also get this great book- http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/xxx/xxxb001.htm
Good stuff, MikeR!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey, Brian!
What-up, dude? When you coming back to Horsham? I saw you over in the Cyclone thread, snooping around. I knew you were going to get one. I wanted one but the price was way too high! Maybe when it drops a bit more and they get that, "lack of a front diff" issue, worked out. It has the same suspension so it's gotta be good.
Quinn if all works out I will try to run the ORL2 race in March at Horshem. The one way thing might be a problem but since I mainly run asphalt its not a problem right now. I will say the car is so easy to work on and I don't it needing really any hopups to be fast. THe Pro 4 suspension is a plus as makes getting parts even easier and Horizon Dist. carrying them is even better.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Quinn if all works out I will try to run the ORL2 race in March at Horshem. The one way thing might be a problem but since I mainly run asphalt its not a problem right now. I will say the car is so easy to work on and I don't it needing really any hopups to be fast. THe Pro 4 suspension is a plus as makes getting parts even easier and Horizon Dist. carrying them is even better.
Where are you racing at now? Or are you racing at all? If, I decide to get the car by the spring / summer, I'll be hittin' you up for a hot set-up! Look forward to seeing you at Horsham!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Where are you racing at now? Or are you racing at all? If, I decide to get the car by the spring / summer, I'll be hittin' you up for a hot set-up! Look forward to seeing you at Horsham!
I have been racing at Frederick on the asphalt. I can get you a pretty good deal on a HB car. If interested PM me. Cheaper than I have seen on most sites I have been to.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
I have been racing at Frederick on the asphalt. I can get you a pretty good deal on a HB car. If interested PM me. Cheaper than I have seen on most sites I have been to.
What's the track like at Frederick's?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

What's the track like at Frederick's?
It is the smoothest asphalt track I have ever ran on and its indoors. Has great lighting, is really easy on rubber tires, a/c in the summer and nice pit tables with electric. All you need is a set of Take Off 32's and you will be race ready. Your Pro4 should be fine. Traction is very high and carpet like.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
It is the smoothest asphalt track I have ever ran on and its indoors. Has great lighting, is really easy on rubber tires, a/c in the summer and nice pit tables with electric. All you need is a set of Take Off 32's and you will be race ready. Your Pro4 should be fine. Traction is very high and carpet like.
Sounds nice. I'll have to make the trip.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

hey,
i recentley picked up a pro 4 in a trade and have a on-road track opening soon. this will be my 1st venture into racing onroad besides my micro when i had a track in my back yard. i will be running on sealed ashfault. not shure how the track will be laid out but what would be a set up to start with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.