Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For gearing of the CRC, use 88T 64P, or try a 65-68T 48P. Because the car still uses the 1/12 rear pod there is not alot of room to put pinions on when using a larger diameter spur.

Shawn
I don't know how your set up but I have a 48p 87 tooth spur with a 20 tooth pinion on mine with some extra room for a larger pinion if I like

-=light=-
Old 05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZipZap
Anybody else find the turnbuckles to be too short?

I'm running a Hitec 5245, LiPo, medium width, Kimbrough medium, and first hole on the steering arm. I need to have the servo a bit forward to accommodate the LiPo's, so the threads barely engage the plastic. Tried running the balls on the servo side of the servo saver, but then the tierods interfere with the blocks. Went and got a set of AE tierods today that were a bit longer. Seems to be a better fit and will allow me to widen the front if I want to.

Yes. i am running the Hitec 225 (mighty mini), and had the same problem. I am going to install my pre-production/Prototype wide kit this week to see if the longer steering linkages work better (they are longer).

Shawn.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by light
I don't know how your set up but I have a 48p 87 tooth spur with a 20 tooth pinion on mine with some extra room for a larger pinion if I like

-=light=-

Not with a brushless. :-) If I try to run in the 48-55 rollout range, the pod is not big enough to use anything bigger then a 72T 48P.

Shawn.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm putting my car together and I want to use a Futaba S9550 servo that I have lying around. It doesn't seem to want to fit. Anybody have any ideas/tips? I'd like to use this servo instead of having to purchase a 9650.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just had an idea and wanted to see if this would work as a temporary setup until I get more funds to get a proper set. I have a new Traxxas Rustler VXL with the Velineon brushless motor and esc. Can I run this in this kit with 4 cell? I may be able to order the kit next week and can probably get it up and running with the below. If this works, it would give me time to practive my driving skils and can invest in other things in the mean time while this class takes off here in L.A. what to you guys think?

Velineon 3500 Specifications:
Type.............................................. .............................................Senso rless brushless
RPM/volt.............................................. ................................................ 3500 (10-turn)
Magnet type.....................Ultra High-Temperature Sintered Neodymium
Connection type.............................................. TRX 3.5mm bullet connectors
Wire size.............................................. ...............................12-gauge Maxx® Cable
Current Ratings........................................... ... 65A constant; 100A peak/burst
Max RPM............................................... .................................................. ............. 50,000
Diameter.......................................... ................................. 36mm (1.42”) (540 size)
Length............................................ .................................................. ... 55mm (2.165”)
Weight............................................ .................................................. ......262g (9.24oz)

VXL 3s ESC

Specifications:
Input voltage........................................... ............ 4.8 - 11.1V (4 - 9 cells NiMH or 2S - 3S LiPo)
Supported motors............................................ .. Brushed / Brushless / Sensorless brushless
Motor limit............................................. .................................................. ..........................................None
Continuous current........................................... .................................................. ...........................200A
Peak current........................................... .................................................. ................................. 320A
BEC voltage........................................... .................................................. .....................................6.0V DC
Transistor type.............................................. .................................................. ........................... MOSFET
On-resistance........................................ .......................................... 0.00075 Ω Max (0.006/8 FETs)
PWM frequency......................................... .................................................. ............................12,000Hz
Battery connector......................................... .......................... Traxxas High-Current Connector
Motor connectors........................................ .................................TRX 3.5mm bullet connectors
Motor/battery wiring............................................ ....................................12-gauge Maxx® Cable
Thermal protection........................................ .................................... 2-stage thermal shutdown
Case size (l/w/h)................................................ ... 55mm (2.19”)/ 39mm (1.54”)/ 33mm (1.3”)
Weight............................................ .................................................. .................................... 90g (3.17oz)

Velineow Manual
http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...500_070706.pdf

VXL ESC
http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...NST_070706.pdf
Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This car looks so cool. I'm seriously considering this if we can get a couple other guys running the class (and get some rules set) locally.

Keep the pics coming guys. I'd love to see more cars with brushless electrics mounted up with really clean wire layouts.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Zip-Zap, No 4 cell pack will ever grace my car. I'm done with NiMh, I currently have 6 lipo packs for my onroad and offroad rides. I am running a Novak XBR with a sintered 13.5, more than enough power! I had to gear it with a 72T, 48p kimbrough spur and 25T pinion, 58mm tires.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
I just had an idea and wanted to see if this would work as a temporary setup until I get more funds to get a proper set. I have a new Traxxas Rustler VXL with the Velineon brushless motor and esc. Can I run this in this kit with 4 cell? I may be able to order the kit next week and can probably get it up and running with the below. If this works, it would give me time to practive my driving skils and can invest in other things in the mean time while this class takes off here in L.A. what to you guys think?
I don't know what kinda performance it'll offer, but the speedos rated for a minimum input voltage of 4.8 volts so it'll work on 4 cells. I definitely think it'd be worth a shot.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Zip-Zap, No 4 cell pack will ever grace my car. I'm done with NiMh, I currently have 6 lipo packs for my onroad and offroad rides. I am running a Novak XBR with a sintered 13.5, more than enough power! I had to gear it with a 72T, 48p kimbrough spur and 25T pinion, 58mm tires.
I would have thought the 9650 in the middle hole would interfere with the lip of the LiPo tray...
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

No, doesnt hit the batt at all. I just followed the manual, it said the futaba and I believe hitec use the middle hole.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright, dumb question...

I have a tire truer that I used for touring. What adapters work for the 1/10th tires? I see some that are supposed to be for 1/10th, but I can't see how they would work on the rears. Do you need to use an extra hub, or something?

TIA.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

I use the corally 1/10th adapter. Works on Jaco, and Rc4less tires. I havent tried other tires, but do not see any reason this will not cut them all. Be careful on which adapter you buy because there are 26mm 1/10th foams for Touring cars that are completely different. It must say for pan car tires.
http://www.corallyusa.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=COR15103!COR
Old 05-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe guys can list what lipos fit this car

SMC 4000 fits with room on top to spare some guys are adding weight under cell instead of the sides

Maxamps 6000 fits in nice and snug I run the deans plug out the back by the shock.

now what have you guys tried

-=light=-
Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

All orion batts will fit, I've used the 3200, and 4800 in it. As far as adding weight, any of the battery plates, or weighted trays for the Losi type R sedan will fit without modification. I have a 5.5oz stainless plate for my R, that I use on my CRC. It adds the weight in just the right place and brings a 3200 orion up to 10.5ozs, it really does need more weight when running lipo's.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

My TrakPower 4900 fits great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.