Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Major R/c Event @ Calder Park Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Possible Major R/c Event @ Calder Park Raceway

Hey just thought id let you all know that myself and 3 other guys are in the process of organising a major R/C event at Calder Park Raceway. We would appreciate your input to help this event be as successful and enjoyfull as possible!!!!

Firstly could you please list any events you'd like to see/enter if it went ahead..
1. Drifting
2. On road Nitro(please state scale i.e 1/10)
3. On road Electric(please state scale)
4. Off road Nitro
5. Off road Electric
6. Drag Racing(exactly like real life)
7. High Speed Runs(with tuned Laser/Radar gun)
8. Other _____________ please state...

We are currently trying to organise this event. If we do not get enough competitors we will unfortunatly not be able to run it, as this isnt the cheapest event to organise. So please everyone lets get together and make a huge day of it. Lastly thankyou all for taking the time to look and hopefully we'l see you all at this proposed event.
P.s you can also email me at: [email protected]
Old 05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What time of the year are you looking at holding this event?
Vic Titles are in August, NSW Titles in September. Also take into account Sunday club racing. Saturday would be good!!!!

Count me in for EP Offroad.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who cares what dam date it is !!!!! If these guys are going to showcase as many R/C car divisions in front of a crowd of people who dont normally watch R/C to promote the sport, I think a club day could get the arse !!!!!
Get behind them and promote our great sport !!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who said it would be a demonstration event in front of a "full scale" crowd, as opposed to regular club racing?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Well, if the date would say, clash, with the Vic titles, that would detract from dedicated racers showing up.
So I do care what dam date it is. Lake Hume is a dam, damn big one too......
Old 05-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

I'm pretty sure by saying major event, might give an indication of its going to be open to the public !!! And fuhrer if they are such dedicated drivers you've got no worries.
The deal is these guys are trying to promote the sport and everyone should back em.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Major RC events

As a pass major event organiser (Fox Studio 2001 Autosalon 2002 Motor Racing Expo 2003), events like these take a lot of work, however the rewards are fantastic if you have a large audience (Melbourne Autosalon attracted 30,000 thru the gate).

The RC industry as a whole has to remember you have some stiff competition when you are up against the following:

Game Consoles and Games (From $649 + 2 Games @ $99)

Motor cylcle (2nd hand Moto X @ $2000)

Go Kart (entry level Kart + racing gear from $3000)

Water sports (Kite Boarding from $1600)

Mountain Bike ($4000+)

To attract new drivers (hobbiest) to Radio Control cars and trucks scene, events like this proposal can achive this never ending goal.

Hobby shops (not so much the distributors) should support any event that can direct people to your store. Even when I (practise) play with any of my race cars, I have kids and adult passer bys asking me how much does it cost and where can you buy a car like that. I am not even racing and the sponsors of our club are the first shops I mention.

Venues that attract a big crowd cost a big sum of coin, The Horden Pavillion was $10,000 a day back in 2001. As a collective you can cover your cost, you can ask racers to pay a $100 entry fee so long as it is a super slick production.

If you can have the event the same day as the V8 Super Cars or GTP are racing, you can make a deal to have pit passes for all the RC Drivers and Raffle of a Ride with one of the Heros or have a Pit Girl challenge, I know the Guys where reluctent at first to let the Bikini Girls at Autosalon drive their cars but the the Drivers that did had fun teaching the Ladies how to drive (Snooker Style).

What ever you do, give your self plenty of time to promote, advertise and attract Hobby stores to trade at your event.

Best of luck,

IDM

Publicity Officer

www.smaracing.org
Old 05-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Ideas Man
As a pass major event organiser (Fox Studio 2001 Autosalon 2002 Motor Racing Expo 2003), events like these take a lot of work, however the rewards are fantastic if you have a large audience (Melbourne Autosalon attracted 30,000 thru the gate).

The RC industry as a whole has to remember you have some stiff competition when you are up against the following:

Game Consoles and Games (From $649 + 2 Games @ $99)

Motor cylcle (2nd hand Moto X @ $2000)

Go Kart (entry level Kart + racing gear from $3000)

Water sports (Kite Boarding from $1600)

Mountain Bike ($4000+)

To attract new drivers (hobbiest) to Radio Control cars and trucks scene, events like this proposal can achive this never ending goal.

Hobby shops (not so much the distributors) should support any event that can direct people to your store. Even when I (practise) play with any of my race cars, I have kids and adult passer bys asking me how much does it cost and where can you buy a car like that. I am not even racing and the sponsors of our club are the first shops I mention.

Venues that attract a big crowd cost a big sum of coin, The Horden Pavillion was $10,000 a day back in 2001. As a collective you can cover your cost, you can ask racers to pay a $100 entry fee so long as it is a super slick production.

If you can have the event the same day as the V8 Super Cars or GTP are racing, you can make a deal to have pit passes for all the RC Drivers and Raffle of a Ride with one of the Heros or have a Pit Girl challenge, I know the Guys where reluctent at first to let the Bikini Girls at Autosalon drive their cars but the the Drivers that did had fun teaching the Ladies how to drive (Snooker Style).

What ever you do, give your self plenty of time to promote, advertise and attract Hobby stores to trade at your event.

Best of luck,

IDM

Publicity Officer

www.smaracing.org

$100 Entry to recover cost's, I should think not.

In 1995 I orginised a Race Meeting for 1/8 off road gas cars at North Sydney Oval during a footy game when the North Sydney Bears,(GO THE BEARS, I WISH) played against the Gold Coast. We had 20 competitors who raced 3 rounds and a final. Heats in between games, and the final during 1/2 time of the main game. We had a captive audience of nearly 17,000 people. Wings and Things supported the event . I didn't charge the drivers any entry fee, but offered them free tickets to the game, and an opportunity to race in front of a large crowd, in fact I would say the largest crowd ever to sit and watch an RC Event. The North Sydney operations manager even offered to pay me for the event, but it was decided that payment should be in the form of a donation, I can't remember the amount, I think $1000.00, which was donated to Bear Cottage.

This event was an event to promote RC racing or RC Cars in general, this event and events that the PDN club orginise such as the Bathurst Race at bathurst, and many others they hold every year, that help promote RC Racing. Any event that calls for a $100.00 entry fee to recover costs, is either a motive to make profit, or a poor choice of venue.

If you get 100 entrants that pay $100.00 , that equals $10,000.00 even if you get 50 it equals $5,000.00 , with that amount of revenue you may as well make a commercial, then you can really target a captive audience, and not merely attract the attention of passers by.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

$100 no way, do you even know what you are talking about here?
Old 05-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Rookie

WOW ok then has this opened a can of worms!!!! to start off thankyou to D REAL NO FEAR for your support!!!!

Now just to let you all know we(organisers) are not little kids pulling your chain!!! We have organised and helped organise some huge events ie Moomba, Phillip Island(superbikes, V8's) Calder Park off street drags, the list continues... We Will NOT be charging anywhere near $100 entry fee!!!! And yes yes yes it is most definatly open to the public, we are organising for flyers to be handed out at various venues along with other adverts. We are NOT in this to make a profit, we are simply trying to hold a fantastic day of racing that will see everyone, competitors & public have a ball and want more!!!! We are only just starting to try and organise this event so your input is greatly welcomed. Now regarding the date... We do not know so if you have a suggestion please dont hesitate to tell us... once again guys this is purely for the love of the sport so please get behind us and lets make it an event to remember!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D REAL NO FEAR
Who cares what dam date it is !!!!!
Reason: State titles/Major events
Who cares: us racers who travell to race at these events.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmmmmmmm, even though I was the first to reply and said "Count me in for EP Offroad" I get slammed...........
This idea is great. Knox Offroad Club will be happy to come along and play.
Good way to cross promote as well.

Brady Jnr, dead right champ. Four Victorians flying the flag in Maitland this weekend, I'd better get some sleep, fly out at 07:15!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Brady Jnr, dead right champ. Four Victorians flying the flag in Maitland this weekend, I'd better get some sleep, fly out at 07:15!!!!
ohhh i'm not going
Old 05-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default $100 entry fee

Originally Posted by The Ideas Man
Venues that attract a big crowd cost a big sum of coin, The Horden Pavilion was $10,000 a day back in 2001. As a collective you can cover your cost, you can ask racers to pay a $100 entry fee so long as it is a super slick production.
The Guys that raced at Autosalon only paid $35.00.

The company that runs Autosalon runs it for a profit. That year, they gave the RC community thousands of dollors of floor space that could have been sold to Traders at the show.

Included in the $35.00 fee was a two day pass to Autosalon (normally $15.00 a day). Autosalon paid for the Drivers stand, trophies and Race Controller.

All incorperated clubs were free to promote their club, and a number of stores paid a reduced fee to trade at the show.

It was a lot of work thru out the year as we raced at three seperate shows.

If you have to pay a large amount to be at a venue or an event (funny no one has tried to host a Race with the F1 in Melbourne) you have to cover your cost, love of a sport will not pay for a $10,000 venue hire. The last time I had a quote for a building to hire at Homebush to co-inside with this years Autosalon 'Final Battle' was $15,000 a day.

IDM

Publicity Officer

www.smaracing.org
Old 05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

It highlights the problem in RC i feel .

It is left to individuals to organise something like this to promote the sport, remembering the councils ,government etc don't recognise it as a sport , they say it's a hobbie.
There is no "real" govening body, yeah i know VORTEC but it would be good if they could get all the clubs together that are members and organise something like this "together", with no individual club interests at the top of the list.
Impossible task i feel!!

I would have no reall wories in paying $100 if the cost were all totally transparent and everything was given back to the competitors and cover costs of the meet.Catering can also be covered in the price , even if it's only a BBQ for competitors lunches etc.

How good would it be to have this happen. Vortec adds on ch31 etc , brings me to another thought.

They have table soccer on CH 31 why not R/C racing, all it will take is someone or a few people to dip into their pockets and start something like that, in no time at all they will be racing for free cos of sponsors lining up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.