Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jason102276
pepe did you get to see my car before i put it away sat?
Nope, I didn't I hope you are not learning bad manner from some of our friends at the track and "hide your car" looking forward to see next time.

so how did you like the car on its virgin run pepe?
Like anything virgin it was excelent. I love the car. However, I didn't have enough time to get it completely set it up, I was first trying to remember how to drive it

something about your car didnt feel quite right compared to mine but with the steering epa set like you had it i can understand

also i have changed to 30k in the rear it helps take out the push i told binky the same thing and after he switched it he said it was much better

next time i go there i may actually remove the front sway bar to get some more steering or change the front shock setup
I may do that too. I guess I need to get some spped first, but it is all on me, need to get away from the walls and other cars first.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy cracked tank

Cleaning my car out the other day, I noticed my tank is leaking near the seam where the rear screw goes in, nearest the engine. Haven't had too many big crashes with it (yet!), and didn't notice a performance problem, but it's definitely leaking. Anyone else have this happen yet?
Old 04-22-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have also broken a tank at the seam
Old 04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Anyway of how to prevent this from happening?
Old 04-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

i dont know

i put longer screws in so i could leave the tank slightly looser

dont know whether its going to help or not

i was thinking that being too tight maybe it was stressed and therefore easier to break
Old 04-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Where did the seam split on yours jason?
Old 04-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

honestly i dont know i couldnt see it

i was idling the car after cleaning it and i noticed it was getting wet after it went past the seam it stopped and the engine leaned out some

i replaced tank and was going to hold onto the other and use a soldering iron on the seam to use as a spare

but a friend needed the tank lid to fix his car so i gave it to him
Old 04-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

pepe as far as someone we know hiding his car if you are speaking of who i think you are i actually got pictures of it one day during practice

but he uses a front diff so his setup is probably much different than mine so it doesnt matter much

and it didnt look like he was setup as well as he would have liked on sat

mine sat on my table track side almost all day for anyone to see you just werent there yet

i had my digital camera with me but things were so disorganized it didnt take any pictures becasue i didnt know what was happening

i will take pictures next time so you guys can see exactly how tight this track is people had described it as elctric style even some said for 1/12th scale i really liked it
Old 04-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

pepe as far as someone we know hiding his car if you are speaking of who i think you are i actually got pictures of it one day during practice

but he uses a front diff so his setup is probably much different than mine so it doesnt matter much

and it didnt look like he was setup as well as he would have liked on sat

mine sat on my table track side almost all day for anyone to see you just werent there yet

i had my digital camera with me but things were so disorganized it didnt take any pictures becasue i didnt know what was happening

i will take pictures next time so you guys can see exactly how tight this track is people had described it as elctric style even some said for 1/12th scale i really liked it
Yeah! everyone says that racing there you'll be good in other tracks.... no time to see it yet That part time job is driving me nuts... but I need the money to pay for my hobby welll what a confusion.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

A new MTX-3 Solid Spool

Last edited by eddiethefish; 04-22-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Another one...
Old 04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

The beauty of Solid Spool. Enjoy...

Last edited by eddiethefish; 04-22-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

eddiethefish,

What are you running for carb settings on your Collari 5 port? How about break-in settings? Just curious cuz i have the same engine on my ntc3. Sorry guys, I'm an Associated fan. Don't get me wrong, the Mtx3 rocks and I would love to have one but I had the tc3 before the Mtx3 was even out...

Collari
Old 04-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Collari-Tc3
eddiethefish,

What are you running for carb settings on your Collari 5 port? How about break-in settings? Just curious cuz i have the same engine on my ntc3. Sorry guys, I'm an Associated fan. Don't get me wrong, the Mtx3 rocks and I would love to have one but I had the tc3 before the Mtx3 was even out...

Collari
Don't remember I'll go home and check. Will definitely keep you posted.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Collari-Tc3
eddiethefish,

Collari
I remember now. I didn't use the small black carb that comes with the engine. Instead, I use my Mod Novarossi 6mm carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.