Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
Do any of you guys have some good close up pictures of Haras car or Rheinards cars. It 's just that when I get my speedy's back I would like to try to set it up the same with the Cap on the side and shotcky diode to the speed controller.
I am running a Tamiya MSX so even if any of you guy's can post a pick of your MSX with the VFS-1 That would be fantastic and if anyone can give me any pointers to make sure it is done right please let me know.
Also a friend gave me this bellow can anyone tell me what it is . Sorry if i sound like a dorf. He said throw this on when you get your speedy back.
Best wishes
Addam
Attached Thumbnails Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC-shotki-002-small-.jpg  

Last edited by TRFMAD; 12-20-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Addam, that looks to me like a large Schotky pack, as you run mod I think that this would be a good idea for you.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's

Also a friend gave me this bellow can anyone tell me what it is . Sorry if i sound like a dorf. He said throw this on when you get your speedy back.
Best wishes
Addam
A good idea for you to put this on with mod motors...
Here is a picture of Marc Reinhards car with the Much More schottky
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
car with schottky.bmp (137.9 KB, 252 views)
Old 12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Guys thats the one I have, so can I run it with the VFS-1 instead of the KO schottky or should I run both. Does it hurt to run both.
Does anyone know the Much more's statistic's.
I think I will run both because I run a single 7 turn out doors and it's mighty hot on the Gold coast of Australia.

Also thank you Stein a million, for the Pictures you sent me they are FANTASTIC.
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Old 12-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

I do not think running extra schottky diodes will do harm to your car except for added weight.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guy currently i having a problem of my old VFS-1 Pro when i try to run this speedo in my car it causing my servo keep having minor glitching. but when i try to run my another VFS-1 Pro competition on my car it did not glitching at all. may i know what problem i did wrong on my old speedo causing glitching? did my speedo burn on the chip set? thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Het guys, I cuurently run stock and 540 silver can. Do I need to run a cap and the schottkey diode?? I have a tamiya volac..it just seems like overkill for the classes I run. Any feedback is appreciated.--Al
Old 12-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

You should run both, the schotty diode protects the esc from electricity beeing generated from the motor. You should run both, as if you don't, it may not be covered by warranty.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi guy currently i having a problem of my old VFS-1 Pro when i try to run this speedo in my car it causing my servo keep having minor glitching. but when i try to run my another VFS-1 Pro competition on my car it did not glitching at all. may i know what problem i did wrong on my old speedo causing glitching? did my speedo burn on the chip set? thanks
Guo Chean,

Does not sound good......I would send it back to KO Propo USA.

Feel free to chime in Robert if he should do other wise.

Alex
Old 12-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alex C
Guo Chean,

Does not sound good......I would send it back to KO Propo USA.

Feel free to chime in Robert if he should do other wise.

Alex
how to contact Robert? i wish i could send my esc to them thanks
Old 12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I tried to call Robert today...was told he got the day off. Lucky dog!! I need to see if they still service the good 'ol VFS-2000's as I just bought one to run in my Mini (or 4-cel TC-based Camaro/Mustang fun cars) and found that it doesn't have brakes.

The KO-USA repair center contact info is on their site at

KO repairs

On that page you can download the repair order form. You don't have to wait for Robert to return, fill out the form and mail the esc off tomorrow. That'll save you a couple days on the other end rather than waiting until Tue or Wed (when it could already be in Robert's hands) to mail it off.

Scottrik
Old 12-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I tried to call Robert today...was told he got the day off. Lucky dog!! I need to see if they still service the good 'ol VFS-2000's as I just bought one to run in my Mini (or 4-cel TC-based Camaro/Mustang fun cars) and found that it doesn't have brakes.

The KO-USA repair center contact info is on their site at

KO repairs

On that page you can download the repair order form. You don't have to wait for Robert to return, fill out the form and mail the esc off tomorrow. That'll save you a couple days on the other end rather than waiting until Tue or Wed (when it could already be in Robert's hands) to mail it off.

Scottrik
Thanks Again Scottrik for posting the repair info.

Regards,

Alex
Old 12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I sent a vfs2000 in probably less than a year ago and Robert fixed it and sent in back in less than a week. So they should still be able to service it.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

i just got a twister 2.2 for xmas and i am having problems trying to get it set to the transmitter. I can get it into communication mode and change profiles using the computer.
any help would be appriciated
Old 12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Will it even go into the setup mode or not? If you can get it into the setup mode, but can't get the speedo to recognize neutral like mine do, just use some forward sub trim on the radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.