Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XFactory SCX-60!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

The K 024 SCX - 60 was $329.00. The CF version will probably be a bit more. $349.00 max, maybe $339.00. We'll see. The K 026 will contain more parts made by us, all of them (the additional parts) made of CF or aluminum. Plus, the Kit will have more hardware, a larger instruction manual, and possibly a larger box. Certainly more Kit bags, which is more labor. So we'll see...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

quick question: how do I increase anti-squat on the SCX-60 (chassis #66) ?

Tested the car today out on the track (bumpy dirt track, very loose earth, you have to drive with SC Calibers or equivalent to get any kind of grip at the rear), very smooth sailing through corners, but acceleration on straights was a bit lacking; which I found weird; the SC10 FT goes faster down the straight...

gearing:
SC10: 21/87 10.5T motor
SCX-60: 20/81 10.5T motor

logic dictates that the SCX should be faster; but it was noticeably slower, the top speed was a bit lacking; but any lack of speed was compensated by the cornerspeed; full blast through corners which would make the SC10 spin out if you dared to do the same

overall conclusion: which I had stumbled upon the SCX-60 earlier

now got a bit of understeer out of the corner to tune out; with the camber tuning guide that shouldn't be an issue;
and the acceleration/grip issue, which I hope anti-squat can correct
Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

I don't have a calculator handy. Divide the old spur (87) by the old pinion (21). You'll get a number, somewhere around 4.23. We'll call that number, "X".

Now divide the new spur (81) by X, and you'll get the number for the pinion you need.

The transmission ratio is the same, so the same pinion/spur ratio will give the same acceleration and top speed, assuming the same motor, ESC, and ESC/radio settings.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmke
quick question: how do I increase anti-squat on the SCX-60 (chassis #66) ?
Spacers between the rear inboard hingepin block and the tail of the chassis. Only because you're working with the back of the axle and not the front like on an SC10, the adjustment is backwards; you remove spacers to increase anti-squat.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
I don't have a calculator handy. Divide the old spur (87) by the old pinion (21). You'll get a number, somewhere around 4.23. We'll call that number, "X".

Now divide the new spur (81) by X, and you'll get the number for the pinion you need.

The transmission ratio is the same, so the same pinion/spur ratio will give the same acceleration and top speed, assuming the same motor, ESC, and ESC/radio settings.
thanks; but that's the weird thing, 20/81 should result in higher topspeed compared to 21/87

@OTE: thanks, will try that
Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SC10: 21/87 10.5T motor
SCX-60: 20/81 10.5T motor
Your net gain for that gearing is only .02

87/80=1.074
21/20=1.05

They almost cancel out so no real net gain. The chassis being a little heavier (ours is thicker where it needs to be) cancels out that gain plus probably a little more. As you found, where you see the gain is in corners. Nothing can turn with it.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

using http://www.rcgearhead.com/Gearing/Browse I'm at 10.53 final drive ratio using 20/81, the motor I'm using X12 LRP has 9.00 as recommended final drive for trucks; so might considering using larger pinion; but lower the timings on the ESC; the motor was at 74°C (165F) after 10min drive, (80F ambient).

either way, I've noticed that any time lost on the straights is gained back triple in the corners; just aim the car floor it and it goes through the corner without the back breaking out and having to control the throttle with finesse. I had no chrono with me; but the places I spun out with the SC10, or was forced to go slow; I could floor with the SCX-60.

The guy who won the Benelux trophy describes it best. It feels like cheating
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

any weight difference in going to the new 60cf?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

I never use gearing charts. I gear for what feels right for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by noproblems209
any weight difference in going to the new 60cf?
Not sure yet. We have to weight a completed production SCX-60CF vs a complete SCX-60
Old 10-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Not going to be much difference, I think. SCX - 60 has all plastic molded chassis = heavy. SCX - 60CF has CF chassis = light, but has additional parts, top deck & several aluminum stand-offs, which add weight. Prolly about =.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Chazz
I am in no way trying to bash you or what you guys are trying to accomplish. I honestly think its pretty cool what u guys do and honestly I run Losi cars but I am always pulling for you guys to win. My question is why dont the X6 or X60 ever win a major event in the U.S. ? Even in the hands of one of the greatest Kinwald who I honestly thought would win a major race with your cars they never won? They seem to do well in the other countries but not here. Like I said im fully behind what you are doing I think its awesome to think ouside the box on things. Do you think that maybe most racers do not understand how to set up a mid motor car or possibly they are just afraid to try something that is not rear motor? I myself have never driven a mid motor so thats why im asking the questions. I hope I didnt make you mad or anything it wasnt my intentions.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mr. Campbell:
Obviously I am not Chazz. But the main reason X Factory is much more successful in Europe is money.
While European drivers are sponsored, based on what I have seen, not nearly to the level of American drivers.
Go to a major meet and you will see boxes and boxes of tires which at my cost would be a house payment per box. X Factory does not have the resources to do that.
Brian Kinwald is an excellent driver but while with X Factory he did not have the resources and support he has now with AE.
Sending a driver overseas is a very expensive adventure. $10,000 maybe more for just one event. I have talked to world ranked professionals on those trips and the costs are almost unbelievable.

If you are ever in AZ look me up and I would be glad you have race my X-6^2 or my SCX-60cf as soon as I get it.

Have fun
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAMPBELL20
...or possibly they are just afraid to try something that is not rear motor?
That's probably a good chunk of it right there. Other thing is I don't think they're nearly as well-known in the States. A year later and I still have people ask me at the races, "What truck is that?"
"XFactory SCX-60"
"Huh. Did you get that from China?" (ouch... )

For me, setup on my SCX-60 was nothing. I built it with pretty much the same setup as I had when it was an SC10 and right out of the gate it felt heaps better. As time's gone on I still haven't made any major changes to it, only thing I can think of offhand is I run a lot less front camber than I used to. 'Course now that I've got a good dual swaybar setup made for it, we'll have to see if it changes further. But otherwise yeah, getting used to the midmotor configuration was almost instant.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CAMPBELL20
Chazz
I am in no way trying to bash you or what you guys are trying to accomplish. I honestly think its pretty cool what u guys do and honestly I run Losi cars but I am always pulling for you guys to win. My question is why dont the X6 or X60 ever win a major event in the U.S. ? Even in the hands of one of the greatest Kinwald who I honestly thought would win a major race with your cars they never won? They seem to do well in the other countries but not here. Like I said im fully behind what you are doing I think its awesome to think ouside the box on things. Do you think that maybe most racers do not understand how to set up a mid motor car or possibly they are just afraid to try something that is not rear motor? I myself have never driven a mid motor so thats why im asking the questions. I hope I didnt make you mad or anything it wasnt my intentions.
In the U.S. there are a select few that have the talent to put a car on the top of the podium. The "Kids" as some people refer to them as (Ryan, Ryan and Tebo) and now Evans have been the only ones to win 10th scale championships for the last few years. They are at the top of their game and everyone else is racing for 4th or 5th through 10th in the A main.

The X-factory cars continue to win championships worldwide, club races and regional races on a weekly basis all a testament to how good they are.

In the US there are a select few that have the tallent to put a car on the top of the podium. The "Kids" as some people refer to them as (Ryan, Ryan and Tebo) and now Evans have been the only ones to win 10th scale championships for the last few years. They are at the top of their game and everyone else is racing for 4th or 5th through 10th in the A main.

The X-factory cars continue to win championships worldwide, club races and regional races on a weekly basis all a testament to how good they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.