Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
screw tabs broke off of my velineon speedo??? >

screw tabs broke off of my velineon speedo???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

screw tabs broke off of my velineon speedo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=racer1812;8648970]Call Traxxas and order a new case, how did you break the tabs off in the first place? You broke the tabs off an esc and now you want to run a 9 cell nimh pack? I have to agree that it's stupid to start a new thread for how to mount an esc. Your B4.1 is in my prayers at night[/QUO
the tabs broke off in a race i didnt know it happend until it was over and my b4.1 is only for carpet use mainly at the local carpet track i use my slash for dirt where its suppossed to be used and the chassis was broken in a different race but i got the proline chassis saver on it now
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
Call Traxxas and order a new case, how did you break the tabs off in the first place? You broke the tabs off an esc and now you want to run a 9 cell nimh pack? I have to agree that it's stupid to start a new thread for how to mount an esc. Your B4.1 is in my prayers at night
i already called traxxas they said i would need to send it to them to assure its broke which would probably take awhile
Old 02-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have a different speed control - I just made a plexiglass plate, screwed it down, and used double sided tape and its worked great since. thats what I'd recommend.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Company Representative

We offer a Traxxas 4x4 plate kit:

Traxxas Slash 4X4 ESC Mounting Plate

We made the plate to include with in our Traxxas-compatible 4x4 systems to make speed control and power trans-cap module installation easier.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

LOL this guy is getting called out on his BS and its making me Laugh my butt of nice work calling him on the Slash 4x4 previous posts. I mean really peeps lying will get you no where. + one on ordering a new case.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by polarisrider44
i already called traxxas they said i would need to send it to them to assure its broke which would probably take awhile
That's what they tell you to do if you want them to replace it for free. YOU broke it, tell them you'll PAY for a new case and they should send you one.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
That's what they tell you to do if you want them to replace it for free. YOU broke it, tell them you'll PAY for a new case and they should send you one.
ok maybe they will they didnt give me an option to do so though
Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some of you posters on this thread are being too harsh on this guy. So what if he isn't as knowledgable as you are. So what if he asks a lot of questions. So what if he crashes. So what if he wants to go faster yet. This is the way he participates in the hobby. "Get over it." To accuse him of BSing and lying is being way to judgemental. I usually have found this sport to be very inclusive.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use industrial strength velcro on all of my ESC, receivers, and transponders. Some don't like it, but it works for me. I like my electronics to be easily switchable. I have gotten into the habit of giving the components a little twist and push after each race to make sure things are still secure. Occasionally, I might also throw a zip tie over the item for extra security.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rufus2010
Some of you posters on this thread are being too harsh on this guy. So what if he isn't as knowledgable as you are. So what if he asks a lot of questions. So what if he crashes. So what if he wants to go faster yet. This is the way he participates in the hobby. "Get over it." To accuse him of BSing and lying is being way to judgemental. I usually have found this sport to be very inclusive.
this is very true there is one or two on here that just have somthing smart to say about everything posted on here not to mention names but its very rude and is not neccessary we didnt ask for sarcasm we asked for answers so if you dont have the answer dont post