Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Power vs Intellect vs anyother

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Comming from an usponsored racer for a weekly club race I dont think you will see a differance in the two but at larger events everyone knows that 90% of the time the bigger battery wins.

Im not sure what you guys are racing but I race 4-cell oval and last season I moved up to the 4-cell pro mod class and picked up a few "One race sponsors" that saw how well I was doing at the events and decided to help me out a little. And I had a full battery Sponsor from SRC. SRC is no longer in business due to the death of fabio columbo (co-owner of the company and sandhills raceway) My point is to the average racer that $10 savings becomes quite big when you add on the cost of everything else. I know that there s no way I would have been able to shell out full price for everything that I was getting at those races. Now I know to run good you have to be willing to spend the $$ but every little chance to save a buck or two helps the pocket for sure. If one battery is just a fraction off from another but yet $10 cheaper im going to go with the cheaper pack. Atleast for regular club races.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

EddieO - I am not saying dont buy IB's, we have inventory of IB's and will continue to have new shipments of IB's. I am saying that there is an alternative to the IB cell. The EP has shown to be a lot more durable than the IB without giving up any performance.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
I

The main problem with IB cells is people think they are a GP cell.....and attempt to care for them the same way. Every new cell that has ever come out has had it regimen of how to care for them, rarely is it the same as the next cell.....care for your IB likes an IB.....and it will last you just fine.

Later EddieO
Everyone has their own opinion, I happen to think from talking with people that EP is gaining ground on IB these days because of the IB dead cell / 0 volt issue.... Not much that can be done about that unless IB starts to produce more reliable cells.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

If one battery is just a fraction off from another but yet $10 cheaper im going to go with the cheaper pack. Atleast for regular club races

There is not a performance difference between the two cells. We are seeing more runtime and lower IR with the EP cell. In the testing that I have done so far, they outperform the current IB's.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

And not one dead cell after all that testing.

We should take a poll and see how many people have seen an IB pack with 1 dead cell in it. I'm not saying the IB's dont perform...They are just too fragile.

It has nothing to do with how you take care of them...i've seen alot of new ib's with a voltage of 0.00
Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

A friend of mine bought 3 packs of IB4200's and he was able to make one pack from 3 due to 12 dead cells out of 18. I know this is very unlucky, but I do know it happens with them. Personally i have not had any dead cells.

As far as the poll goes. I have made the switch (for now) to EP, but i still have my sets of IB4200WC's which are not too old if I change my mind.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
I guess what it boils down to, is everyone is so concerned about durability.....I have multiple packs that have been not ran for months, charge them up and they work fine...
I have multiple packs from Cleveland 06 that I ran again for the first time since the race 2 weeks ago. They only charged to like 3800 mAh. They were not discharged before storing.

I ran them in practice over 2 days, then again last weekend. They ran ok at first, but were not good last weekend. I ran the batteries about 3 times each at Cleveland.

I'm only trying to point out that the IB batteries must be run or cycled consistently to avoid self discharge issues.

I ran 1 EP pack for stock TC at the nationals and had no problems. The car was fast (in a straight line LOL) and I had no venting, dead cells etc. I charged at .032 dropback (7A) just to see how things would go, cells were fine. Bill Sydor charged at 9A all weekend, cells ran fine. Tim Heiser ran the EPs and made the 19t A. He was the only Associated driver in the 19t main.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Are EP's on the market yet? If so who/where has them?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I guess a bit of a sidetrack here, but I'm surprised you guys are feeling the differences between these manufacturers.

I ran 3300s for 2 years, and then 2 months ago switched to IB4200s (Surge cells - thanks Gary they're great!).

In terms of feel, I'm finding there's not much difference. Is it because I'm running brushless - is the level of punch going to be less pronounced? The voltage of my 3300s were 1.19 and the IBs are 1.24 so a considerable difference there.

My point is.....is there really much difference between IB/EP/GP cells? Time for another Pepsi Challenge. A blind test to see if people can REALLY feel the difference, or will people just defend whatever brand they decided upon? Having said that, my Surge packs are going great, I'm running them twice a day (with due care) and they have proven 100% reliable and consistent.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

just remember when IB's first came on the market
and Danny @smc was promoting them ,then came along that guy from orion spouting off the GP`s 42's were far superior & all the other stuff
bot of them went to & fro with there comments
gp's best ..No IB`s are .NO NO GP' ARE` ......no no no IB`S are etc

well orion then switched over ltr

well as soon as the some top guys start using EP`s then they will sell & go with that

I know quite a few UK racers are pissed off with fragile & work load needed to keep IB`s happy & if there was another cell out there that was just as good but tougher (ie;;gp3300) then they would switch

as i said IB are toughing up the 42's internally

gp46`s who knows after april we will know

EP`s a couple of shops over here are pushing it like modeltech & demon in the UK

we will see

roll on li-po
Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

What about Elite Batteries? does anyone have any experience with these?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone with experience with the GP4300?

An LHS around here, have them in stock, but I'm suspicious, since they appear to have been on the market for almost a year, and appearently no one mention them here...

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

GP are the bomb, especially for club racers who only race once or twice a month and want their batteries to last over a long period.

if your a serious racer and performance is priority and use your batteries on a weekly basis, then get IB's and thrash the crap out of them and get new ones after 2 months.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
Anyone with experience with the GP4300?

An LHS around here, have them in stock, but I'm suspicious, since they appear to have been on the market for almost a year, and appearently no one mention them here...

Thanks.
First generation GP4300s were not that great... The second generation are due to come out in April, samples of these new cells are looking very promising. Runtime/Voltage/IR very similiar to, if not slightly better than IB4200WC/EP4200.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ghuber
First generation GP4300s were not that great... The second generation are due to come out in April, samples of these new cells are looking very promising. Runtime/Voltage/IR very similiar to, if not slightly better than IB4200WC/EP4200.
Thanks Ghuber.

Do you know how to tell the difference on first and second generation?

This is the one my LHS carry, and since it's stock now, it must be the first generation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.