Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you want to keep your cells at 0.0...just dead short it.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
So what are you saying, the lower voltage you equalise it at the better?
I cant see how the spintec can do a proper equalise without single cell discharging.
The Battery Manager does not equalize the cells. it breaks up the cystals that build up between the plates of the batteries: these crystals among other variables cause the ir to increase which cause heat and poor performance.

After using the Battery manager, put the pack on a discharge tray, like the novak tray, just before you charge to equalize them.

IR, and heat will be less during charge and racing. you will probably feel more punch from you packs.

Last edited by Obsidian; 04-18-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I am very happy to hear that US distribution will soon take effect. I’ve been using the Spintec system for two months and it is awesome! The longevity of my batteries has increase dramatically opposed to “falling off” through usage. Everyone that I’ve let borrow the unit has expressed how much better their packs performed on the very next run. The system will pay for itself through a decrease of times you will have to purchase packs.

BTW: after using the discharger, I put the batts on a tray and equalize them.

Last edited by E.J. Evans; 04-19-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

The Spintec BatMan and an equalizer tray have two totally different purposes.

The effect of the BatMan is discribed above. But after that you still need an equalizer tray once in a while to level all the cells because cells will always vary no matter what.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Also: for those in the NorCal area that want to give it a try, let me know and I'll let you discharge some packs to see the "difference" first hand!

and for those in the SoCal area, I'll be at Tamiya this weekend.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
Also: for those in the NorCal area that want to give it a try, let me know and I'll let you discharge some packs to see the "difference" first hand!

and for those in the SoCal area, I'll be at Tamiya this weekend.
E.J. u got PM
Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Re: Re: Re: berger...

Originally posted by JayBee
If you take a pack of cells and equalized them @ .3V and take another set of cells and equalized them @0.0V, over both set of cells lifetime, your optimum potential of the cells that have been equalized at the lower voltage will be maximized. The key is getting your cells doen that low and 'holding' them there. HTH... - JB
Yes berger, the lower the better and I'm talking about BEFORE CHARGING not STORAGE. This has already been proven by several people. Just look over ProTraks website. Don't take my word for it, do a little bit yourself. Do one set @.9V and one @.0V and over the next 6months tell us what you come up with.
In my opinion, the Spintec in conjuction w/ my routine would probably produce some killer results . I have to keep my eye out for this.
The ICS Unit that I have is an awesome piece. As it equalizes, it 'ripples' through the cells one by one with the discharge current, giving each cell milliseconds to recover before the current hits it again. The result is a truly 0.0V equalized pack. I have all of this hooked up to my computer when it's doing it's thing and it's pretty fun to watch the #'s bounce. As far as dead-shorting, some folks are fortunate and I know some that are not. So for me, I steer clear of it, plus in the end you're only 'shorting' the maximum potential of a $60-$80 pack -JB

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, ill probably use 0.1v or something then as ive no way of having a proper 0v without deadshorting, the smart tray doesnt give you that option. I let the cells "bounce back" after traying and store them like that, then tray them on race day and charge them when they are equalised. Im fortunate (or unfortunate from my wallets perspective) enough to have 5 packs now so i only need to run once cycle a week on each so they should last a lot longer.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Post RIGHT ON BRO...

Originally posted by berger
Yeah, ill probably use 0.1v or something then as ive no way of having a proper 0v without deadshorting, the smart tray doesnt give you that option. I let the cells "bounce back" after traying and store them like that, then tray them on race day and charge them when they are equalised. Im fortunate (or unfortunate from my wallets perspective) enough to have 5 packs now so i only need to run once cycle a week on each so they should last a lot longer.
-JB
Old 04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Horizon Hobby official distributor for U.S.A. and Canada!

Hello all,

I am very happy to announce that Horizon Hobby is now distributor for Spintec products in the U.S.A. and Canada. I'm sure they will do an excellent job in supporting you. Soon the Battery Manager will be easily available at your local hobby shop!

Thanks,
Erik
Old 04-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Post RIGHT ON!

-JB
Old 04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I still have about 5 unit of BatMan in stock.
PM me with your address if you are interested.
I will reply you the total amount after checking the freight cost.

Paypal payment only.

thank you
Old 04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just curious how much are they and when will horizion get them.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone elses spintec restart itself if handled at all while it is running, mine even if you go to move it resets and starts discharging again, it definatly takes the cells lower than it says as even on my tray set to 0.1v they go out quickly. Could it just be an iffy connection somewhere or the crocodile clips need a bit of sanding to get any oil or something they may have off them causing a bad connection?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.