Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year End Charity FUN Race @ Jackson R/C '09

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casey
....then go inside the bar after the race for an adult beverage !!
Look for an Alpine "Re-Union" race in early 2010....

Old 09-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You should kill 17.5 tc and make 17.5 racers run rcgt
RCGT is well supported by Murray's crew, and 17.5 is likewise by Brownie's squad, but we didn't want everyone buying bodies and tires in such a tight economy. Personally, I think RCGT is great for spectators and getting new people into the hobby! UPDATE: RCGT has become the only 17.5 class by popular demand.

Originally Posted by ppabalan
If possible I would like to run our MJGTC Mini Series on this nice track LMK if its OK thanks,
Originally Posted by TeamB&B
There are 2 full heats of Minis (4wd) down here in Maryland. All you have to do is mention ABC sponsored race, prizes and dancing girls and these guys are there.
We're one step ahead of you guys, check out the all encompassing 4wd mini/cup racer class! They run them together out west, and we're looking forward to seeing the little guys hauling around the curbs in October. Same power plants, and there's already interest up here for the class!

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
..... Let's make plans to attend. We will start on time (11am starts awesome to me) and move things along. We can run 2 qualifiers depending on how the day goes along.......... We have some other stuff in the works for prizes and goodies to be handed out. It's for a great cause Guys and we get to play on a awesome track with a European flair. It is a real treat to run on this track......... Don't miss out!!.......... Other updates coming soon..........
Originally Posted by Ray Murray
AWWWW YEAH!!!!!!! What a way to end the outdoor season! Can't wait to get up there and run on that track as well! Sorta reminds me of the Candyland box! Lollipops, Candy Canes, WOOOHOOO!
YESSIR, the MCs have chimmed in! It's gonna be one hell of a day!

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 09-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

WOW!!! soo many choices to enter

Need to think about what all I wanna run
Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sportscar Racing at Jackson

RCGT, TCS GT2, HPI Challenge ready racing at Jackson will be awesome. It would be even better if we could run sports car bodies in 13.5. We enjoyed Tamiya TCS racing, but it is time to move on.

At 17.5 speeds, the performance is around the same with TC, just better cars to look at. It shouldn't be a problem to run all the 17.5 together.

To support sportscar body racing (RCGT is a trademark by HPI) at Jackson, TeamB&B will bring about 20 prepainted and slightly used bodies free for the taking. Great for practice.

TeamB&B will also donate NIB 4 Tamiya bodies ($200 worth) to the Charity Race for door prizes.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Sportscar Racing at Jackson RCGT, TCS GT2, HPI Challenge ready racing at Jackson will be awesome. It would be even better if we could run sports car bodies in 13.5. We enjoyed Tamiya TCS racing, but it is time to move on.
At 17.5 speeds, the performance is around the same with TC, just better cars to look at. It shouldn't be a problem to run all the 17.5 together.
To support sportscar body racing (RCGT is a trademark by HPI) at Jackson, TeamB&B will bring about 20 prepainted and slightly used bodies free for the taking. Great for practice. TeamB&B will also donate NIB 4 Tamiya bodies ($200 worth) to the Charity Race for door prizes.
WOW! Big props to Team B&B, Ed and Randy, for stepping up to promote "sportscar" racing, aka RCGT, aka pre-race-body-TC!

After speaking with the 17.5 crew on Staten Island today, something became readily apparent. Those guys don't want to run 17.5, THEY WANT RCGT, SPORTSCARS, COOL RIMS, and EVEN COOLER BODIES!

In light of their desire to mix it up with the RCGT/sportcar crews from down south, 17.5 will be mixed into "RCGT" for the charity event but anyone wishing to run 17.5 ROAR is welcome to signup for RCGT.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

so what's gonna be the rule for RCGT?? or is RCGT nixxed from the schedule?

will the M05 be allowed in the Tamiya M-chassis class?? Since its allowed by TSC rules?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
so what's gonna be the rule for RCGT?? or is RCGT nixxed from the schedule? will the M05 be allowed in the Tamiya M-chassis class?? Since its allowed by TSC rules?
RCGT is going to be THE sportsman class at the cherity event! Basically, RCGT will be 2c, 17.5, X-patterns, and spoked rims.

Any Tamiya 2wd mini is welcome in the TCS Mini class. The Brownie's guys had a ton of M05s at the beach today.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
RCGT is going to be THE sportsman class at the cherity event! Basically, RCGT will be 2c, 17.5, X-patterns, and spoked rims.

Any Tamiya 2wd mini is welcome in the TCS Mini class. The Brownie's guys had a ton of M05s at the beach today.
so I guess that means I couldn't run my RCGT car??

and cool about the M05
Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
so I guess that means I couldn't run my RCGT car??
Kev, either lay off the wacky tobaky or start sharing it with the rest of us! READ MY WORDS....RCGT IS THE ONLY CLASS.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Kev, either lay off the wacky tobaky or start sharing it with the rest of us! READ MY WORDS....RCGT IS THE ONLY CLASS.
was away on vacation for the last 2 weeks been in the middle of the woods so a little outta touch
Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Drift at the charity race @ Jackson

OK, I will start putting the word out to my drift crew, I will do my best to attend your event with my crew, thanks

Old 09-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

RCGT is going to ROCK!!!........... Glad to also see the SIRCCC making there way to the Show and thank you B&B Racing for the wonderful news about the bodies.

........This Charity Race is building momentum........ Don't miss out!...... Be a part of it!!...........
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

EXCELLENT!!!!! Thanks to all those that are jumping on this bandwagon!

Our club has taken this class from the OC Circuit in Cali (charlie_b's group)

I met Charlie at the HPI Challenge at 301 last year, and he is a GREAT GUY! Too bad we're on different ends of the country, cause he would fit right in with our Murray Band of MiSFiTs....

Here is a link to their RGCT thread here on RC Tech...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-rcgt-usa.html

Check it out if you get a chance....

We're also expecting a big crowd at our Vintage/RCGT/Mini race at New Jersey Motorsport Park on October 4th, so I'll be piMPiNg the Charity race there too....

I might even actually work on my car for this too....
Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jackson Charity Event

Well its looking good for this event to be a great 2009 season ending finally! (Maybe a tradition in the works) I can't wait to run my VTA car on that track!

I would like to thank Greg Sharpe for coming to me with this idea. It looks like were going to have alot of fun and raise some money for two diserving charities.

As Greg mentioned in an earlier post there's too many classes for one tech guy. So we all have to do our part and just be legal. BUT, be afraid, be very afraid of spot checks. We'll be watching

Can't wait to see all these replica radio control race cars on the track for a change. Maybe we can get some media coverage? Anybody know anyone on a newspaper staff or a TV news show. Cable perhaps?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Swap meet ?

Hey Greg, I'm coming to see you homie. I really enjoy these types of races.

A little over a year ago I hosted a HPI CHALLENGE warm up race @ 301 Raceway I named "FUN AT THE TRACK".
HPI RACING sponsored this race event and even sent us ONE OF A KIND in box nitro and electric cars to give away as prizes.
You might want to give them a call. My bet is they'll help you.

With that being said one of the component I added to the race event was having a SWAP MEET.

The swap meet was a big success,I got alot of positive feed back. Remeber that saying??? "ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER'S MAN'S TREASURE".

This being a Year End event a SWAP MEET might give an opportunity for racers to perhaps get rid of items they don't want or need anymore and conversely get new things they want to try.

I hope this event is a big success for you Greg,I'll be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.