Like Tree1Likes

Solaris Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys,
we have used the solaris as a spec tire this year at jackson rc raceway
www.jacksonrcracing.com (shameless plug) or can also check us out in the race thread on this site. But the tire has been awesome and worked great, not to mention EJ has been awesome to deal with. we have had two trophy events already and prob sold over 300 sets and nobody has complained . . . and we all know that never happens in this hobby. if you looking for a spec tire for your club or trophy event don't hesitate to go Solaris!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
Where can I get the solaris tires with the new spoke wheels like what was used at the reedy race?
Send EJ a email at [email protected]
Old 06-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

I used these tires at Minnreg carpet track this past week-end and they were awesome!

I have been running these tires at our local track and the tire wear is excellent!

EJ is a pleasure to work with
Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I am very dissapointed with one tyre i have drive only two run of hard tyre and than do this Has anyone else that kind of problem ?
Attached Thumbnails Solaris Tires-solaris.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getfriky
I am very dissapointed with one tyre i have drive only two run of hard tyre and than do this Has anyone else that kind of problem ?
Have you tried to contact E.J. about it? They are always looking for ways to improve the product. If there is something unusual about your track surface or setup, he may be able to help. If the tire is defective, he will also be able to help. His email is [email protected].
Old 06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

At the recent REEDY Race of Champions,Out of the 800+ sets of tires sold that 4 day weekend,I personally saw one tire blow out like that do to over revving a car that was upside down with a 4.5 in it.That was 3200 tires with one blowout issue.Not a bad number to be honest.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks to me that you hit a board and a sharp edge on your body cut into the tire. That's my guess. Round those edges!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
At the recent REEDY Race of Champions,Out of the 800+ sets of tires sold that 4 day weekend,I personally saw one tire blow out like that do to over revving a car that was upside down with a 4.5 in it.That was 3200 tires with one blowout issue.Not a bad number to be honest.
And that blowout would have happened with ANY tire but it was caused by the driver trying to treat his TC like an 8th scale buggy So it wasn't even due to a defect!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

And this one doesn't look like a defect either...
Old 06-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to order at least 6 sets of HGM premounts to start with. Possibly 10 or more depending on costs and shipping method used to send to Canada(UPS are extortionists)

I emailed [email protected] from my gmail account weeks ago and just the other day I emailed from my work account in case my previous email was blocked (gmail seems to get blocked by a lot of servers), but have yet to hear anything. I'm hoping to get a few sets for myself and some for other guys at my track to try as well. Is my work email getting blocked as well?

I can get Sorex tires here, but they all seem to be premounted on speedmind rims with questionable inserts and I've had 2 out of 8 rims with the holes drilled slightly off center, so I refuse to buy any more of those, but I'm stuck as choices are pathetic here in Toronto.

Please allow me order some of your tires. Just give me the price for 6 sets including shipping or 10 if there is any discount. I don't really expect there to be a discount on 10, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll respond very quickly and send payment right away (paypal I assume, but can also do credit card directly if not)

I just need to buy some decent, durable tires for racing this summer where the rims and inserts aren't complete garbage. I'm a bit confused as to why this is so difficult to achieve.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I want to order at least 6 sets of HGM premounts to start with. Possibly 10 or more depending on costs and shipping method used to send to Canada(UPS are extortionists)

I emailed [email protected] from my gmail account weeks ago and just the other day I emailed from my work account in case my previous email was blocked (gmail seems to get blocked by a lot of servers), but have yet to hear anything. I'm hoping to get a few sets for myself and some for other guys at my track to try as well. Is my work email getting blocked as well?

I can get Sorex tires here, but they all seem to be premounted on speedmind rims with questionable inserts and I've had 2 out of 8 rims with the holes drilled slightly off center, so I refuse to buy any more of those, but I'm stuck as choices are pathetic here in Toronto.

Please allow me order some of your tires. Just give me the price for 6 sets including shipping or 10 if there is any discount. I don't really expect there to be a discount on 10, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll respond very quickly and send payment right away (paypal I assume, but can also do credit card directly if not)

I just need to buy some decent, durable tires for racing this summer where the rims and inserts aren't complete garbage. I'm a bit confused as to why this is so difficult to achieve.
Send E.J. a PM. I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can order them from NorCal hobbies. http://www.norcal-hobbies.com/
They have plenty in stock from the Reedy Race.
You can try asking for a discount since you're buying 10.

from
Originally Posted by locked

Old 06-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Solaris is the Spec Tire for the Florida series now
Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

YGM EJ
Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

These tires don't seem to work all that well at our track. Our club want's to use the Solaris tire as a spec tire for next season but so far it had little support after some testing from some of our members. After switching from an 8yr old set of Sorex 36R's, the Solaris tires were well off the pace, pushing here and oversteering there. It did get a little better after some laps but was still well off. FYI, our track is a untreated, sealed asphalt surface with temps regularly reaching 140 degrees during the summer.

Is there a particular track surface that this tire likes?

From reading this whole thread, it doesn't seem like all those who tried and liked the Solaris tires had made any big setup changes. Is this the case?

I really want to like this tire but.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.