Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Suspended

I don't have to prove myself to you

I'm still using the tc5 and they're a friends bulkheads who I race with every week

Bunch of muppets

I just think you're all getting touchy because I said a BRITISH car is superior to an American car
Old 10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It is very common to bend the motor plate on the TC5's. I am on my third one now after approx 2-3 years. It is because they are fixed with only 3 screws so that leaves them prone to bending with any sort of impact on your motor. And we all know that the motors stick out a long way.
I bet if alot of you took your motor plate of and put it on a flat surface you would find it bent. You can even see it in the car. Look down on the car from the top and the motor will look like it is not 90 degrees to the chassis.
In saying all that I have not damaged the actual bulkbeads at all. They are still true and my car is one of the original TC5's.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Fatbear, you can't say that on this forum about an American car

It's not possible to break ANYTHING on a tc5
Old 10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I can see the motor mount being bent, but the bulkhead themselves, no. Unless you run full speed into concrete walls.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Suspended

I don't think these lot have cottoned on that i'm talking about the motor mount (bit obviously really as that is what my picture is of)

Whereas Greigs SUPERIOR bulkheads with the motor mount incorporated into it require no mounting point forward of the motor because they will not bend in a high speed collision
Old 10-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Fatbear, you can't say that on this forum about an American car

It's not possible to break ANYTHING on a tc5
Of course I can say that. I love Associated cars and have done for many many years. Even represented them at a couple of worlds. But if something is not right I am going to say so.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Suspended

I was being sarcastic..... hence the laughing smiley after my post.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dude, I'm not even American. I don't care where the car is from. Yes, it's possible to bend one, no question. But to do that to it in the car? I very highly doubt it.

I bet if I did some test with stock and these supposed stronger ones, there wouldn't be enough of a difference to even warrant advertising.

Do they help with the balance of the car? I'm sure they might. But wow does it get annoying seeing a post about how superior they are when in reality, they probably aren't. Great idea, and I'm sure on AE next rendition of a TC5, we'll see something similar. But please, no more posts touting how great or how strong they are until you can post some third party test's showing that they really are stronger and better.

And yes, with how you've carried yourself in here, you need to prove yourself to every one now. Not just me.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Suspended

Testing is not needed, 84 private messages asking for these bulkheads and a large majority of British team drivers using them is proof enough for me that they are superior.

My ORIGINAL associated bulkheads had two holes that had not been theaded for the diff caps before being sent out, now thats quality control
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gotta love the ignore function folks if someone bothers you that much.

I bent 1 motor mount ever so slightly in a WOT crash on the straight when a car jumped in going the other way, but have yet to see a number of complaints about bending a bulkhead.

You don't have to take the bulkhead off with ours ;-)
And Nick, please post pics of how you don't have to remove your bulkhead to change spurs as you mentioned.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was being sarcastic..... hence the laughing smiley after my post.
Yes I know you were, but I wanted to make sure I had distanced myself from you and show that I am not being sarcastic or bagging Associated.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Suspended

No doubt i'll get called a liar again and that I took the diff out just and put the back screw of the right bulkhead in after the top photo was taken..

but the diff is only out as i'm replacing the shite standard thrust bearing with the top racing ceramic one.

Remove the top deck screw/screws and the two forward screws on the right bulkhead, pop off ball joints take off diff cap and swing the bulkhead over and pull the layshaft & spur out.... easy as that and CAN be done in under 5 minutes.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Testing is not needed, 84 private messages asking for these bulkheads and a large majority of British team drivers using them is proof enough for me that they are superior.
My guess is because they are a better design for balance and weight distribution, hence potentially faster...not because the TC5 bulkheads are inheritantly weak in design and people are bending them often....as your posts suggest.

I still say a hit that would bend that motor mount to that extent would ruin the chassis or worse if the new mount didn't give way...that can easilly be seen IMO.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
If that one was bent in the car, I'd like to see the rest of it, and the other car. NO way was that in the car. I'll give you credit, after stirring so much stuff up in this forum, and switching cars, advertising someone else's upgrades, nice job on making a name for yourself.
I have to agree there is very little chance that the damage to that bulkhead shown in the picture happened while attached to the car. The hit would have to be severe enough to rip the mounting screws out of the motor mount, the motor and at the same time and the rear bulkhead. Even if it could manage to do that the car this bulkhead was supposed to be attached to would no longer be in a driveable state. And for the whole notion of straightening it out, I find that hard to believe as well. It would never be usable gain after that, even if by some miracle you could put screws back into those holes it would cause the car to tweak like no other. This myth is busted.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MonkeyFist
I have to agree there is very little chance that the damage to that bulkhead shown in the picture happened while attached to the car. The hit would have to be severe enough to rip the mounting screws out of the motor mount, the motor and at the same time and the rear bulkhead. Even if it could manage to do that the car this bulkhead was supposed to be attached to would no longer be in a driveable state. And for the whole notion of straightening it out, I find that hard to believe as well. It would never be usable gain after that, even if by some miracle you could put screws back into those holes it would cause the car to tweak like no other. This myth is busted.
Muppet I think i'll take the moral high ground on this as I WAS there and I saw the motor mount ON THE CAR bent out of all proportion... I don't know what other damage was done as I was too busy working on my car which had superior designed motor mount/bulkhead which wouldn't bend like that one!

Verndog... my car HAS taken a huge hit in the side which tore open part of the chassis and split under where the motor sticks out, the bulkhead came off perfectly straight with no tweak..... just split carbon fibre weaving sticking out all over the place!!

Do I have to provide pictures for that as well LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.