Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

That shooter graphite main shaft looks very nice . I think I might get one of those for my TC3, where can you get them at? I have a composit shaft in my tc3 and they don't make the graphite shaft anymore, I think the graphite shaft would be more twist-resistant because it's stiffer.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:28 PM

That shooter graphite main shaft looks very nice . I think I might get one of those for my TC3, where can you get them at? I have a composit shaft in my tc3 and they don't make the graphite shaft anymore, I think the graphite shaft would be more twist-resistant because it's stiffer.
I got my at http://www.precisionrc.com/
Old 07-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default how to install a fan on ur motor and what thread it on

hi guys i like to know what i need to do install fans on my motor to keep them kool, and can i run it off a reciever pck also and what thread it listed on also i ran in the nats it was an experience to see the top guys and also congrat to mike d. from maryland i race wth u at the durham track and ur god and dwn to earth guy thxs for coming dwn look forward racing wth u agin thxs reggie
Old 07-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

hi guys i havent raced on road in a long time, i was wondering if there is a website that has set ups ( aside from ae's own web site) basicaly im looking for a starting point for socal-something that will get me in the ball park. thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

lots of setups for all cars.

http://www.rczone.net/
Old 07-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: how to install a fan on ur motor and what thread it on

Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
hi guys i like to know what i need to do install fans on my motor to keep them kool, and can i run it off a reciever pck also and what thread it listed on also i ran in the nats it was an experience to see the top guys and also congrat to mike d. from maryland i race wth u at the durham track and ur god and dwn to earth guy thxs for coming dwn look forward racing wth u agin thxs reggie
Reggie,

I installed a fan just the other week. When asking Mike Reedy at the NATS about it, he suggested a 5 volt fan. I found one in a Port Replicator (used for laptops) I then wired it to the 3rd channel on the receiver. Some were using small receiver packs to power the fans. The fan size is 40X40X10mm

You can do a search for laptop fans on the Internet I'm sure something will come up if you have trouble finding the 5 volt fan at your local electronics shop.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Old 07-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default High Front Roll Center and Low Rear Roll Center

Currently both my front and rear links are angled down which makes the front and rear roll centers high. The fast guys at the local track angle the front link down and the rear link up. This would give you a high roll center in front and a low roll center in back. What I believe this is going to do is give me more turn in entering a corner, a slight push in the center of the corner, and good grip exiting the corner. Any comments?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default thx mark

hey mark thxs for the advice i do hve a port replicator off my old lap top i tke a look at it thxs
Old 07-15-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!

a question from a n00b ...I hope it fits here

I made the Motor opening as big as possible...now I'm afraid that the chassis gets tweak.As the area around the Motor is "sensible" (the problem when the Motor-srew is tightened too much), I think that now the chassis tweaks when the motor is accelrating...could that be or is the chassis stiffen enough?! ...can you please tell me more about that .Sorry for my bad English and thx for the answears!

Best regards,caiba
Old 07-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I fixed the tweak problem on my TC3 by making a stiffening brace that I epoxied behind the motor compartment. Pics of the brace below. I still unscrew the bracket that holds the motor after every run to releave the stress on the chassis.

stiffening brace
stiffening brace installed
Old 07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

but are there problems with the tweak too when the chassis is not prepared?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

From what I've read in many forums, the TC3 chassis gets tweaked when the bracket holding the motor is screwed in too tight. Don't over tighten the motor bracket and unscrew it after every run to releave the stress and your chassis should be fine.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

...ok...but as I cut off the chassis under the motor...makes it any difference to the tweak as when it is not cut...?!?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not sure I can answer that. Only you can define if your chassis has more tweak than before.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

the problem is that I modified it before I had my first driving with the TC3....

any other suggestions?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.