Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon >

R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon

R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon

Old 07-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I'm glad people are starting to get back home in one piece. Corey had some traction compound spill in the plane and started stinking up the place

My hat goes off to Rose City and everyone involved in running this event. They did the best they can and I believe one word can best desicribe the time that we spent in Portland. "Hospitatlity" everybody was cool from the punched shuttle bus driver taking us to some "nice" places to the folks in tech who put up with some serious cb'ing.

The track was definately a line track where you have to nail the lines you need but it was a challenge due to the changing track conditions, undulations, and certain bumps in certain corners that would upset your car if you go over them wrong. For the most part, it was great fun and would love to run a layout like that, without all the bumps...also doing a run on fresh vht is so dialed

For those cheering on the Tamiya's, sorry I couldn't do better in mod. I simply could not get my car to work with the track and it wasn't for a lack of effort either, we tried a lot of things and for the most part, everything we did was a comprimise. The other guys, Corey, Edgar, Korey and Mike P did very well with theirs. Good job! Also, thanks to Joe for the motor and Erika for the batteries; having ponies was never a problem...just setup. Swandogg, the F.E.A.R demo was dope. There was a lot of help from everybody and I would like the thank them for that...Dan, I found the other bearing that I "lost"

Okay...time to veg and recoop a little.

Last edited by rtypec; 07-19-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

I just wanted to say great race, my second nats, and it was more fun than my first. Thanks to Dom and everyone else bhind the scenes to make it good, even with all of the bitching going on, I thought it went pretty well.

Also, every one who I met was really cool and nice. I met a lot of new people at this race, and all of them are awesome people. Gotta love the electric crowd.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rtypec
Corey had some traction compound spill in the plane and started stinking up the place
Are you sure it wasn’t nail polish remover?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have always liked racing on parking lots. Compared to our kind of racing it is like racing on the streets of Long Beach or Monaco for the real cars. There is always a place for Parking lot races.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Yes a big thanks to RCSA for a wonderful race went smooth minus a few bumps on the track but all in all i am very impressed with the race.

Regards,
Andrew
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Also, for the record, the 415 I drove handled awesome. Much more consistant than my Losi. It just took me some time to get used the the car and making little changes here and there. Not to mention I had some bad luck with handout stock motors hahahahaha. Thanks goes to the Rose City Crew, Team Br00d racign for helping me out so much, and Dan Garber for helping me out with the 415!

-Korey
Old 07-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry to start an argument guys. I was just wonderng whats going on. Its hard to imagine Ernie doesnt have the budget to sponsor as big a team as before-so I was wondering if he was cutting expenses or were drivers quitting.

Ray
Old 07-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

edited

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 07-19-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Some people just forget that this is a business. If you cover your bases as good as you should in any contract there isn't room for law suits.

A lesson for all drivers. Don't think a contract doesn't mean anything. ALWAYS have a lawyer look over things, because a third party will always point out things that are not in your best interest. As fast as people leave there are people coming back. It's a game all the teams (well some) play.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

WELL PUT DEREK just cause its RC doesnt make that paper mean nothing

it still holds as a legally binding contract no matter what!

but hey i have no side in who he runs for i dont care honestly the only reason im on here is to make sure the information stays correct

I never ment it to go like this.

this is my last post on this subject and i take neither side in the argument because i dont know 100% of the details so i cant say who should be right or wrong.

just trying to keep the peace

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 07-19-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

I think I'm the last person to make it back from the nats. All the rest of you all grabbed the earlier flights.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey everyone, I'm glad people are starting to get back home in one piece. Corey had some traction compound spill in the plane and started stinking up the place

My hat goes off to Rose City and everyone involved in running this event. They did the best they can and I believe one word can best desicribe the time that we spent in Portland. "Hospitatlity" everybody was cool from the punched shuttle bus driver taking us to some "nice" places to the folks in tech who put up with some serious cb'ing.

The track was definately a line track where you have to nail the lines you need but it was a challenge due to the changing track conditions, undulations, and certain bumps in certain corners that would upset your car if you go over them wrong. For the most part, it was great fun and would love to run a layout like that, without all the bumps...also doing a run on fresh vht is so dialed

For those cheering on the Tamiya's, sorry I couldn't do better in mod. I simply could not get my car to work with the track and it wasn't for a lack of effort either, we tried a lot of things and for the most part, everything we did was a comprimise. The other guys, Corey, Edgar, Korey and Mike P did very well with theirs. Good job! Also, thanks to Joe for the motor and Erika for the batteries; having ponies was never a problem...just setup. Swandogg, the F.E.A.R demo was dope. There was a lot of help from everybody and I would like the thank them for that...Dan, I found the other bearing that I "lost"

Okay...time to veg and recoop a little.
Rod, glad you guys made it back okay. It's different hanging out at the hotel without racers taking up the hallways and the smell of paragon and traction compounds choking up the rooms.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Andrew Swanson
WELL PUT DEREK just cause its RC doesnt make that paper mean nothing

it still holds as a legally binding contract no matter what!

but hey i have no side in who he runs for i dont care honestly the only reason im on here is to make sure the information stays correct

I never ment it to go like this.

this is my last post on this subject and i take neither side in the argument because i dont know 100% of the details so i cant say who should be right or wrong.

just trying to keep the peace
Andrew, great FEAR demo. What is the website to see it again?
Old 07-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race results.

hey. looked like every one had a awsome time at nats. i was just woundering were can you find the whole race results inclueding the b and c mains ect....
thanks

-chadd
Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I posted the full results a few pages back in this thread.

I will have a nicer looking version up soon...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.