Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRUSHLESS STOCK in STOCK CLASS.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evoracer
Decided i didn't like that joke so I'm editing here.
Howard...no war that I know of. In case you haven't noticed ...I'm trying to convince all the BL users NOT to race with you guys.
and your doing a mighty fine job
Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racenut123
So who made you the winner of the Taco Bell Nationals Howard Hudson?Get over yourself.( OK LETS GET IT RIGHT IT WAS THE DEL TACO 400)

I will still run a brushed motor and I can tune them just the same.Noone was making it a war.Some people I noticed from this forum from the Socal region need to get their heads out of there own butts.I never claimed I was faster or more knowledgeable then anyone.By your comments and Holycow's attiude you guys you feel your opinion has more leverage.I never said brushed motors were to be replaced ,just that I FELT that they should be allowed to race together.Your acting like all brushed stock motors are all the same and with the advent of the new Novak stock BL,that it will have a distinct advantage over a brushed motor.Please.

Quote" This discussion is about weather or not the BL stock, and the Brush stock, should be allowed in the same race. Sooo.. try to stick to topic."

I was sticking to the topic. Reread what I said.By the way I never called into question either one of your tuning or driving skills,so dont even go there. OOOOO GEEEE IAM SORRY
YOU guys make me laff thanks for the entertanment
Old 11-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Re: Heat and Magnets

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Another advantage?
I guess...the power is comparable and it doesn't wear out. That's the point, right? They don't wear out and they don't go out of tune.

I get 15 minutes runtime off of a decent 3300 pack. I'd love to have ten minute mains like the nitro guys...how about you?
Old 11-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I talked it over with the race director at the carpet track I race at and he's gonna allow it as long as it not rediculously overpowered.Thats yet to be seen.I will see when I get it to test it.There is no valid reason otherwise in his mind not to run it together.I guess it means were not competitive like some of you boys
Old 11-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

It is interesting to read through all of the posts in this thread. There is one group of guys who feel the rules should be based on the performance level of the motor while another group of guys feels the rules should be based on the design of the motors. That is the real arguement. Should we decide what is allowed based solely on performance and ignore the technical specs when determining what is or is not allowed in a given class. If BL is allowed in stock, how long will it be before somebody starts arguing that certain 23 turn motors are slow enough for stock class? Or what about 0 degree ARCOR 19 turn motors? See what I mean? It would be a giant can of worms.

I'm all for allowing BL in mod class, but stock class should be protected from new technology until the cost of the new technology has fallen and the worth of the new technology has been proven. Stock class is thriving at most clubs and large events. Let's not make any drastic changes that may threaten the success of stock class.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Shiloh
It is interesting to read through all of the posts in this thread. There is one group of guys who feel the rules should be based on the performance level of the motor while another group of guys feels the rules should be based on the design of the motors. That is the real arguement. Should we decide what is allowed based solely on performance and ignore the technical specs when determining what is or is not allowed in a given class. If BL is allowed in stock, how long will it be before somebody starts arguing that certain 23 turn motors are slow enough for stock class? Or what about 0 degree ARCOR 19 turn motors? See what I mean? It would be a giant can of worms.

I'm all for allowing BL in mod class, but stock class should be protected from new technology until the cost of the new technology has fallen and the worth of the new technology has been proven. Stock class is thriving at most clubs and large events. Let's not make any drastic changes that may threaten the success of stock class.
I would say I agree but I have to go get ready for the 24 hours of Mc Donalds ( gonna win that one to)
Old 11-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Shiloh
The 4300 is designed and intended for competition in "stock" class. If it performs comparably, then why not give it the benefit of the doubt? I could see complaining if some guy with a brushless cleans up at a couple races, but I haven't yet heard of that happening in stock or mod.

As for the price issue...the brushless motors are far more affordable than any "tweaked" setup. I've been running the same motor for 5 months (since they hit the streets), bashing around and racing 2-3 times a month and it still works just fine on the same $200 I originally spent in May...find a reasonably competitive "stock" class racer who's spent less than $200 on the motors, speed controls, brushes, springs, spray, lathe, lube...etc. etc...

I don't know whether they're going to sell the 4300 as a package or only seperate...but either way, it's still WAY cheaper than a comparable brushed setup and has absolutely no maintenance. (at least not in 5 months of breaking everything else).
Old 11-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

youll be able to pick one up seperately joe.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

youll be able to pick one up seperately joe.
I was just wondering if it was also going to be available as a package, like the SS.

All the "brushies" are worried that we newbies were going to have to spend too much money...and I wanted to do my part to calm their fears.

I heard today it's only going to be a couple weeks now!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by holycow
Racenut, I think you are posting on the wrong thread. Nobody in here, not even once, is arguing that brushless isn't the wave of the future, or that brushess isn't the way to go eventually.

This discussion is about weather or not the BL stock, and the Brush stock, should be allowed in the same race. Sooo.. try to stick to topic.

You and Evo keep saying stuff like "oh you hard core brush guys have it coming" and crap like that... who are you even talking to? Its like you are having a conversation with yourself. Everybody on this thread agrees with every single thing you have said about BL coming no matter what, and that it is the future...

We just think it should be a seperate class at this early stage in its development.
Do you guys ever feel as though you are repeating your selves?

BL driver: If the brushless system is so much better, then prove it.

B driver: The advantages of a BL system are the fact of cooler running, less maintainance, more torque, and the ability to just plug it in and have a fast motor.

BL driver: Well, if the brushless system is so much better, then prove it.

B driver: Again, the advantages of a BL system are the fact of cooler running, less maintainance, more torque, and the ability to just plug it in and have a fast motor.

BL driver: But, if the brushless system is so much better, then prove it.

B driver: (in somewhat of an angry tone, from repeating so many times) AGAIN, the advantages of a BL system are the fact of cooler running, less maintainance, more torque, and the ability to just plug it in and have a fast motor.

Howard, Holycow, do you guys see a pattern?

(no offence, what so ever)
Old 11-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Do you guys ever feel as though you are repeating your selves?

BL driver: If the brushless system is so much better, then prove it.

B driver: The advantages of a BL system are the fact of cooler running, less maintainance, more torque, and the ability to just plug it in and have a fast motor.
The one thing you guys haven't said yet -- and can't -- is that there's a difference or advantage on the track. If they make comparable power, then they should be allowed to race.

You guys keep describing the motors themselves (no brushes, no maintenance, runs cool, etc.), but you haven't yet said why it should be disallowed if it makes comparable power.

Ask the dude who got third at the Toyota race...didn't he say he was pulling the brushless pretty much everywhere? If there was anyone who would know if there was an unfair advantage, it would be him...and he's the only guy who's not complaining! Oh yeah...and Bubbles...didn't you say the BL dude had some killer batteries besides?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd easily take a motor that's 90-95% there ALL the time and you never have to work on it. I'm that way with big race cars, and I'm that way with little race cars.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

So who made you the winner of the Taco Bell Nationals Howard Hudson?Get over yourself.

I will still run a brushed motor and I can tune them just the same.Noone was making it a war.Some people I noticed from this forum from the Socal region need to get their heads out of there own butts.I never claimed I was faster or more knowledgeable then anyone.By your comments and Holycow's attiude you guys you feel your opinion has more leverage.I never said brushed motors were to be replaced ,just that I FELT that they should be allowed to race together.Your acting like all brushed stock motors are all the same and with the advent of the new Novak stock BL,that it will have a distinct advantage over a brushed motor.Please.

Quote" This discussion is about weather or not the BL stock, and the Brush stock, should be allowed in the same race. Sooo.. try to stick to topic."

I was sticking to the topic. Reread what I said.By the way I never called into question either one of your tuning or driving skills,so dont even go there.
Although I have never tried it, I am almost certin that my head can not fit in my butt(I could be wrong, I have never tried that before).

Next thing, if you are refering to SoCal as the "Taco Bell Nationals", why? The closest Taco Bell is a couple of blocks away(about eight other eating establishments are about three times closer than Taco Bell), so why would you call it that?

Third, if you are refering to Howard racing at SoCal, he has not in about a year(he likes racing on LARGE tracks, and a LONG straight.), so if he has not raced at SoCal, how could he be the Taco Bell National winner?

I am in no way trying to start a "war" over this, but as everyone bickers and argues, I will look at the pretty clouds...
Old 11-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

I didnt mean the track, just the general area of southern california Bubbles.Besides,just because a track has a couple factory guys grace its halls doesnt make its the R/c mecca.I say the words "Socal area" and you automatically think I am reffering to a grocery store that some rc track took over.

As for the taco bell nats.Never mind.Your too young.Go tune some stock motors for me.I don't know what the heck I am doing.You SOUTHERN california boyz win.I will give up racing and backyard bash.Its less hassle!Especially with my brushless!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

cow you still havent told me the performance advantage on the track.
will it be like 1/4 of a lap 1/2 a lap or even a hole lap faster then a brushed?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bubblestc3

Next thing, if you are refering to SoCal as the "Taco Bell Nationals", why? The closest Taco Bell is a couple of blocks away(about eight other eating establishments are about three times closer than Taco Bell), so why would you call it that?

Oh geez I told you guys It was the DEL TACO NATS. Dont you guys listen Now who is going to the McDonalds 400

now a little news flash. Our man who won 2nd place with the BL system raced at socal tuesday night and did fairly well. After the race he was told he could not run THE BL system in his car in the pro stock class anymore. So he turned over his car and low and behold he had a monster stock in it.

Now him and I have been PM ing each other and what he was running at the toy race the new ss4300 system and has been testing it for novak. so do you guys ( evo ,racer123 and turbo joe have this ss4300 ) ???? IF not zip it and YOU get over yourselves

and yes when it does hit the street I may buy one ( stranger things have happened)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.