Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I purchase some of the WGT Jaco tires, I can't even drive them because the balance of the car gets completely out of wack. the fronts have so much more grip than the rears and the car just wants to spin out. change to the BSR's and it's Dialed.

I've ran several sets of the BSR's purchased at different times with no issues, I bought the Jaco's because of the price, but if I get unpredictable compounds with them It's just wasted money. From what I have found the Jaco's are subject to be different compounds even though they are mounted to the white wheel and tagged Lilac.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ive ran many sets of jaco wgt tires and have had no issues. You might have to change your setup . The wheels are softer so they flex more ,i think thats why you have more steering
Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
For Jaco Lilac Spec tires the White Rim=The Purple Stripe on BSR Lilac Spec tires, i.e. Only Lilac foam is mounted on Jaco white rims.
As a race director, I require that the tires have the purple stripe at my races. While it is true that Jaco only mounts lilac foam on the white wheels, the lack of the identifying stripe on the tire makes it all to easy for an unethical racer to strip, and remount a different compound.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I changed from BSR to Jaco, just to experiement, since I'm new to WGT. I stumbled upon two things. Mainly by accident. I run the Serpent S100LT and the BSR wheels fit loose over my rear axle hub and I have to be careful not to bind up the front wheels when I tighten the nut. The Jaco's fit like a hub-centric wheel on the rear (nice and snug) and the front wheels tighten down perfect with my front axels and nuts. As the nut bottoms out and tightens, the wheels have no play and spin perfectly. And I have to admit, I have been turning better lap times with the Jacos. Currantly they are cut down to around 50mm (1.98") Hope I can make it one more race day without having to buying new ones.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
As a race director, I require that the tires have the purple stripe at my races. While it is true that Jaco only mounts lilac foam on the white wheels, the lack of the identifying stripe on the tire makes it all to easy for an unethical racer to strip, and remount a different compound.
We have been down this road before. Just about any veteran racer can get a set of donuts in any compound, get some purple craft store foam and make a set of BSR purple stripe tires. White rims are just as secure an identifier of the tires being Lilac Spec tires as a purple stripe.

This is a non issue as the idiots that would bother doing such a thing wouldn't benefit from it anyways.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Green Machine!
I changed from BSR to Jaco, just to experiement, since I'm new to WGT. I stumbled upon two things. Mainly by accident. I run the Serpent S100LT and the BSR wheels fit loose over my rear axle hub and I have to be careful not to bind up the front wheels when I tighten the nut. The Jaco's fit like a hub-centric wheel on the rear (nice and snug) and the front wheels tighten down perfect with my front axels and nuts. As the nut bottoms out and tightens, the wheels have no play and spin perfectly. And I have to admit, I have been turning better lap times with the Jacos. Currantly they are cut down to around 50mm (1.98") Hope I can make it one more race day without having to buying new ones.
BSR fixed this a few weeks ago. They updated their mold and the latest tires fit most hubs great. There are a lot of the original wheels out there that need to be used up but very soon you will start seeing snug fitting BSR wheels.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by briankstan
I purchase some of the WGT Jaco tires, I can't even drive them because the balance of the car gets completely out of wack. the fronts have so much more grip than the rears and the car just wants to spin out. change to the BSR's and it's Dialed.

I've ran several sets of the BSR's purchased at different times with no issues, I bought the Jaco's because of the price, but if I get unpredictable compounds with them It's just wasted money. From what I have found the Jaco's are subject to be different compounds even though they are mounted to the white wheel and tagged Lilac.
A lot of people cut their Jaco's to the same size as their BSR's. You can't do that. The Jaco rim is smaller in diameter. Just your Jaco's .050" smaller than your BSR's and they will be interchangeable.

Both BSR and Jaco make great products. You just have to understand the differences. BTW, I run BSR most of the time.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Well since were going down this road again. There is another company called GQ. Excellent tires! Presently they just have a Liliac dot and a L on the rims. Soon they will have the famous purple stripe(That I could do myself). You can contact [email protected] -try a set they work great indoors and outdoors.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Just remember, if you switch from CRC/BSR to Jaco or vice versa, you will need to reshim the car as the offsets are different for each rim. When going from CRC/BSR to Jaco you will need to add shims to get the width back.

Not sure about GQ....
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didn't realize the tires were such a controversy. I was just liking the smaller wheel design. My car setting's are almost there and I can't imagine how anything (softer?) than the spec tires can improve on traction. These cars seem to be glued to the track as it is. Hard to imagine a "cheater" tire can make them hook up better, but hey, I'm still new with experience with only one track. And as far as my lap times getting better with Jaco's that may be a misleading statement. I started my first month driving WGT with BSR's and my driving has improved slightly with practice now that I'm trying Jaco's. Doubt the tires really have anything to do with my improved times and driving.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
We have been down this road before. Just about any veteran racer can get a set of donuts in any compound, get some purple craft store foam and make a set of BSR purple stripe tires. White rims are just as secure an identifier of the tires being Lilac Spec tires as a purple stripe.

This is a non issue as the idiots that would bother doing such a thing wouldn't benefit from it anyways.
While this is true, the perception of the purple stripe offering a better solution for tech is still there in the minds of many racers. Perception is a far more powerful agent than reality. In the interest of "perceived fairness" many find the stripe to be a more valuable identifier.

Personally, I'm never that concerned at major events. Most require that tires be purchased at the event, which are all supplied by the same vendor, from the same batch of tires.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys whats a popular speedo for this class, we run 1s at our local track. thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys whats a popular speedo for this class, we run 1s at our local track. thanks
The Hobbywing 1s 120a is a great choice.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

New kid on the block

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
The Hobbywing 1s 120a is a great choice.
+1 Awesome speedo, great price and great support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.