Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Solara
IF that is case....then the case is settle. I didn't know Ielasi was not a Kyosho driver when he won the WC 3 years ago...nor Masami has no chassis sponsor when he won the 1st WC...

I cannot access IFMAR wall of fame..under construction for some reason.

Thanks for the info...
Ielasi wasn't official driver when he won the wc.
His contract ended the year before, anyway I know Kyosho "thanked" him with a nice reward
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
They (kyosho) didn't need to market it. In fact, I would say having a great UNSPONSORED driver deliberately choose your car out of all the others and win a WC with it is better for sales than a thousand magazine ads. Best free advertising ever.

As for the motor deal, yeah that looked kinda goofy.
Yeah that might be right.

But in reality, he ran the K-Car, because it was left over from his time at Kyosho. The Italians don't care for sedan at all. For them, real men drive 8th scale. Kinda like you guys with your trucks

He once came to a race sedan at our track. When I asked him why his car was so dusty, he said he had to search for it under his work bench..

No love here!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Yep, Ielasi was a privateer in Lisbon. He didn't even run his own stuff, but Picco engines and ATS tires.

Neither Kyosho nor he himself (IDM) could use this title to market their products.

Good racer, not so good business man
Obviously you guys know the inside deal more then I do...but I did some google search, when Ielasi won the TC WC in 2008, his shirt, and car (body) has KYOSHO and PICCO all over it...that clearly, telling me, at that event, Ielasi is indeed sponsored by Kyosho and Picco. Also, there is a Kyosho V1RRR WC edition...what exactly did you mean Kyosho cannot use this title to market their products?

Now...back to my topic on Hara. He is clearly sponsored by HB, OS, AEBC35 and PF on this event (or this year all other events)...except MUGEN. Thats why no mugen on shirt, or on the car body...thats make it very interesting.

I am trying to say...Hara, has HB (or others) that preventing him to advertising other NITRO chassis brand on all of his event....unlike Masami or Ielasi, they have no other company restricting him to run for other brand chassis....

Also, I was told...actually, Hara might choose NOT to put the specific decal on the body of his own reason..........
Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looks like the P909 and the new SRC w/driver on the left side are the shells of choice. Can't wait to run that new SRC!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Earnest
Someone post days ago about HB making a 1/8th On Road car, is this just rumor at this time?
If Hara win the WC, why would they NOT to.....
Its called the Proceed.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm sure it was OS that wanted him to race. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into boosting their image in onroad. Since neither OS nor HB make a 1/8th, he was free to choose whatever car he wanted. Mugen makes a lot of sense in that case. Everyone knows it's a very fast car, it's Japanese, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mugen agreed to give him some technical support.

And I'm sure HB doesn't want him having Mugen (or any other competing brand) displayed all over his car and person.

Kinda like Ralph running Mugen for 1/8th while being payed by Xray. Early on in that deal, Ralph often didn't have any Mugen stickers on the car, though I believe they came to an agreement later.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Looks like the P909 and the new SRC w/driver on the left side are the shells of choice. Can't wait to run that new SRC!
I see a lot of r15s too.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Its called the Proceed.

Hara won the ROAR national, back to back, with the HPI R40...considered a very average, over-weight touring car at that era....if Hara really really want to, I bet he can still make 36 laps 10 flat with that HPI Proceed...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hara is a beast he can win in any class hall of fame for sure. Collari is sandbagging right now. He never tq at the world but if he makes the amain it is a wrap because nobody can match his pace for 60mins. collari doesn't want to show his true speed until the amain a true showmen.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

I'm sure it was OS that wanted him to race. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into boosting their image in onroad. Since neither OS nor HB make a 1/8th, he was free to choose whatever car he wanted. Mugen makes a lot of sense in that case. Everyone knows it's a very fast car, it's Japanese, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mugen agreed to give him some technical support.

And I'm sure HB doesn't want him having Mugen (or any other competing brand) displayed all over his car and person.

Kinda like Ralph running Mugen for 1/8th while being payed by Xray. Early on in that deal, Ralph often didn't have any Mugen stickers on the car, though I believe they came to an agreement later.
While you are posting...someone PM me about Ralph case...I think he is very very similar to HARA, except in this stage, Hara's body has no decal about Mugen, but Ralph does have some on his...at least, on the MAIN.

OK...I've got my answer, can't wait to see tomorrow qualifier and see they can still pull 37 laps on HOT track in the afternoon.

Is that true...usually, it is harder to get fast on HOT track (like compare morning qualifier vs afternoon qualifier..). I think...the last round (late afternoon) is their last chance for faster laps...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Hara is a beast he can win in any class hall of fame for sure. Collari is sandbagging right now. He never tq at the world but if he makes the amain it is a wrap because nobody can match his pace for 60mins. collari doesn't want to show his true speed until the amain a true showmen.
I cannot agreed more....the key is, GET TO THE A-MAIN.

However, getting to the top 4 is a garantee, anything lower...is not. So I am sure he has something tomorrow...or, he just want to get his money worth, bumps up from G-main to the A's.....like Bobby Flake did it 1 time at the Roar National....

60 minutes race...anything can happen. A stripped front belt is a DNF...bad glow plugs can be another reason for DNF...running consistant high 16s, 17s lap thru out the 60 minutes might get you top 3...or the WC.

Just don't count out the COLLARI....9 times IFMAR champs is not only lucky.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I see a lot of r15s too.
After looking at them I think they are all the R15. Did PF redo the 2 outer small fins on the rear kick up? Cause the are smaller than the center one.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop

I don't agree at all, Collari would love to be in the top 4 at the end of Qualifying, that's what everyone is gunning for. Collari and all the rest would rather not test the Semi Final god's if they don't have to. Collari still has time to make the top 4 though, I would never count him out of it until he is out of it.

Steve
Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Rocket round is TOP 3 advance to the upper main..? Or Top 3 only on 1/4 and 1/2....lower are top 2?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hara won the ROAR national, back to back, with the HPI R40...considered a very average, over-weight touring car at that era....if Hara really really want to, I bet he can still make 36 laps 10 flat with that HPI Proceed...
Just because Hara can drive the piss out of the Proceed doesn't make it a good car for everyone to buy. I'm sure Hara can drive the piss out of an old RS4 and beat Xrays too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.