Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire life ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
How many runs can you get with rubber tires (sorex) until they start to put out slower laptimes.

This is the only issue I have with rubber tires, but everytime i ask this question i never get an answer. This is the main reason I like to run foam tires on asphalt, same laptimes for the entire life of the tire.
Most tracks don't allow foam tires on asphalt. . . especialy stock. . .
Old 04-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

AzNDRAGster - On the east coast, md/va/pa foam for stock and mod is the standard for indoor and outdoor.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Most tracks don't allow foam tires on asphalt. . . especialy stock. . .
He's in Aus... where foam is probably the preference and allowed for most races (except Victoria).

Run 'em till the canvas I say...
Old 04-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i can get 12runs out of foams, all producing near identicle laptimes (about 1tenth due to being human)

Rubbers last the longest on brushed concrete.

Best case senario is polished concrete with a cordial and metho mix sprayed on it. True your foams down so there is about 1mm of foam left on it and get ready to traction roll.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

If you're a really serious racer, Sorex 36 will have ultimate performance for maximum 2 packs...

If you're a real economy guy, I know tricks to make them last for at least 100 runs with ok performance...

I'm one of the serious racers, and yes, my tire budget is extreme at big races....
Old 04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tires, tires, tires

Guys;

I have found the 'Take-Off' tires work very well in most all conditions and surfaces. Where they really shine in on Concrete. Nothing I have tried works better.
The pre-mounts are somewhat prone to grooving because of the soft inserts provided. A firmer insert will help here.

'Sorex' tires also work very well on Asphalt, especially smooth or sealed Asphalt. What I really like about Sorex's, is they work in a much in a much wider temperature range than most other brands of tires.
They are also one of the easiest Tires to mount and Glue. It is always a joy to build up a set.