Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
This thread makes no sense at all.
I tend to agree -- the only threads dumber than this one are thoes infamous "which buggy should I buy?" threads.

Later,
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

And thats why I havent contributed to this thread lmfao
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
SPELL CHECK BRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so which word did i spell wrong.. other than correcting something and forgetting to delete what i corrected... ... hmnn..

this thread is the most obnoxious thread ever in rctech's history
Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

This is soooo off the point of the original question.

Should racers be allow to race with modified cars.... Hell yeah, long as it meets the requirements its good.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
This is soooo off the point of the original question.

Should racers be allow to race with modified cars.... Hell yeah, long as it meets the requirements its good.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
For me this discussion isn't as interesting as the other aspect not mentioned here:
If a layman, who doesn't know so much about racing, sees the results and sees that it says that a HB D8 won this race, and goes out and buys one - then when he builds it he realizes it is a completely different car, has he not got a right to feel cheated?

My point is:
Is it fair to portray this as a D8 winning a race, when clearly it isn't even close to what comes in the kit?
A layperson would never know the difference or be able to take advantage of it if they did. This is nothing new. The XXXcr that Mike Truhe won nats was heavily modded (with old parts), the B4's with their extended chassis weren't publicly available at the last worlds, AE even showed up and won worlds one year with prototype cars that were never seen before or since that day. Losi wouldn't even allow their cars to be photographed. It was a D8 with mods. It's up to every driver to make their car work for them. He did it with a few parts from another HB kit. Move along...

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
He did, yes. And he deserves tons of credit for it..

The question though is, with which cars did he win?... Apparently ones which don't bear much resemblance to the ones sold in hobby shops under the same name. That's the issue..

So are the big races then more about the drivers, or more about the brands? If the former, fine.. But then you get into some pretty grey territory with marketing and advertising... And common sense, really.. I mean, it's the brands paying the drivers..
Again, can't see why you're harping on this. He won with the car he won with. What was Jesse Robbers' HB? Same? Different? Who cares?

He figured out how to make the car work better for him, we're all free to do the same for ourselves. HB is not obligated to adhere to imaginary homologation rules. Eventually they'll apply what they learned to a next generation kit that you can buy.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1000000 on dumbest thread ever.

Great job Ty and family, what an awesome performance that didn't surprise alot of us.

Now I'm off to a Chevy Dealership to purchase an Impala and on to race the NASCAR circuit as that's how it works. Right?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
I was in no way bashing ty i only spoke what i read and i asked a simple question ! No i could not win or make even the z main if there is such a thing! So cool down before you start accusing me of anything. His race was a work of art and i commend him on that. I just didnt understand all of the rules about modifying these machines ! So back up off me man!
yea right i am sure thats what you were doing man. y didn't make a thread about the losi's new car and how the fact they let no one near there cars all weekend.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
yea right i am sure thats what you were doing man. y didn't make a thread about the losi's new car and how the fact they let no one near there cars all weekend.
because they didn't win.Everytime someone wins a race with a car thats not run by someones idol these threads get started.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
because they didn't win.Everytime someone wins a race with a car thats not run by someones idol these threads get started.
lmfao
Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by willbe
+1000000 on dumbest thread ever.

Great job Ty and family, what an awesome performance that didn't surprise alot of us.

Now I'm off to a Chevy Dealership to purchase an Impala and on to race the NASCAR circuit as that's how it works. Right?

lmfao
Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

I dont think the intentions of this thread being started was dumb. I just think all the dumbness thats polluted it has made it a dumb thread.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default Real racing

I know that in real racing especially in drag racing whatever "chassis" the car is built with is what the car is called and goes by. Not what manufacturer made the part or parts the car might be running to achieve the best possible set up. Ie chevy with a ford rear end or a ford with a chevy motor in it. And Ty's chassis was a HB chassis.....
Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

RC car racing has always had new parts and special batteries, new tires and so on from the beginning of the hobby.

The only real problem with HB is that they are running two buggies. I say test away, but make sure all racers on the team have at least the same chassis. Especially for advertising. If the CR8 had been top 2 then the car would be very anticipated, but with an old car with older parts, and a new car both being run and the seemingly mixed situation going on with releasing a new car it kinda leaves the customers thinking, hmm, what's going on?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

This thread brings one thing to mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.