Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheperd Velox

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks everyone! It was a little chilly in Toledo but overall a great weekend. I'm trying to work on the web site, write race reports, get set-up sheets posted and some pictures so bare with me!! Should be great once I am all finished up!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Hello Everyone,

In just a few short weeks things have been extremely busy here getting up and running with Shepherd but already things are moving in the right direction for the 2009 season.

The first event as the driver/importer for Shepherd was the Motonica GP and the famous Silver Bowl track in Las Vegas. There were 4 Shepherd cars in the A-Main and while we all had a bit of bad luck we definatly showed the potential of the V8 along the way by holding the early TQ and setting the fastest lap time of the event as well as having several strong cars that missed the final due to bad luck in qualifying and the B-Main. My initial impression of the car was very good and I'm very excited to see what the rest of the year can bring. Congrats to Rich Taylor and Garen from Motonica USA for putting on a great event.

This past weekend it was time for the season opener for the Midwest Series at my home track in Toledo. Knowing this track so well, it's my benchmark for a cars performance and the V8 did not dissapoint. After a little trouble with fuel milage in early qualifying I was able to set TQ and record one of the top 5 fastest runs ever on the Toledo track and some of the fastest lap times in nearly 2 years. I can easily see the lap and track record falling this summer with a little more knowledge of the V8. The final was a close race as I had to make up the time for an extra splash of fuel but in the end I was able to hold on for the TQ and Win (with the fastest 30 minute final ever on the Toledo track). Eli Ezrow TQ'd and won the Masters division with a strong 5th place run overall. Overall, a great weekend for Shepherd and a great start to the MWS for 2009. Hopefully we can learn and improve further before heading off to MWS race #2 in Racine, Wisconsin and then off to 301 for the Capitol Classic.

For 2009, Shepherd/CEFX is sponsoring the ROAR Nationals, Midwest Series and is the title sponsor of the 2009 Great Lakes Challenge. We invite everyone to come out, support these events and enjoy some great racing.

As you see in the pictures (in the next post), we did have some "test" banners made for the track. We will make some changes to make them a little more visable from across the track and then get a batch made up. If anyone is interested in getting some banners just let me know so we can plan how many to get made up.

Last, we are hard at work on our new web site. Soon we will have set-up sheets, tech articles, product info as well as race reports which will include daily updates at the events I will be attending.

Thanks and good luck at the races!!
Attached Thumbnails Sheperd Velox-motonica-gp-09.jpg   Sheperd Velox-mws-race-1-toledo.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Here's some pics from the events so far.
Attached Thumbnails Sheperd Velox-shepherd-drivers-motonic.jpg   Sheperd Velox-shepherd-tq-wins.jpg   Sheperd Velox-josh-car-1.jpg   Sheperd Velox-banner1.jpg   Sheperd Velox-starting-box.jpg  

Old 05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where can one obtain a new Velox kit?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onerun
Where can one obtain a new Velox kit?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ucts_id/138885
Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks!

BTW Josh, who's that next to you in the "team picture"?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onerun
Thanks!

BTW Josh, who's that next to you in the "team picture"?
That is Ron Gustin
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Scott
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Did a-main carry that kit before? ,moving things along , good luck!!.. car does look good, the brakes are a sweet looking setup.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Tommy - A Main did not stock Shepherd previously but they were set-up with us a few weeks back but have been getting all the info into their system and I think just put everything online about a week ago.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default excentrics

Hi Josh,

I have seen that you use in both set-ups the excentrics only in the rear, what advantage do you get with that? why don't you use in the front?, also in the photo I see you use the standard radio plate with the stiffners, don't you like the tunned one? why?

Thank you
Old 05-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Roedor - Honestly, I haven't tested with the eccentrics or the optional radio plate.

In my old Kyosho car, I made eccentrics at the WC in Messina and used them at the races after that but it was only in the rear to raise/lower the roll center. After that, I tested with the rear and front but only prefered the rears down as the car would roll off center better making it easier to "find" the entry of the corner. With my limited time with the V8, I built it with the rear eccentrics but have yet to run them on-center or test with the front eccentrics.

The radio plate is pretty much the same thing. I built it with the stiffeners in, more or less so I didn't loose them...lol... I haven't tested with the tuning radio plate or with the stiffeners out. Hopefully next weekend I can test a lot more at the club race in Toledo next Saturday. If the weather is good, I might even go back on Sunday to test again as there's a lot I want to test before I make it to 301's Capitol Classic.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Josh,

Thank you for your quick answer, I have test with both radioplates, for me the standard one has better entry corner but the tunning one give a little more steering inside the corner and makes the car easy when you make throthle out side the corner.
I always have use the excentrics down because you can use tinny tyres with it, and also I was told that the roll center will change with the tyre wearout but I will test also your way.

Thank you
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Roedor - Sounds good, I'll give it a try...

For those interested in the V10, here's link to a clip off of youtube from the first runs with the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsSMaR9TWdQ

Later!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Something New

http://www.redrc.net/2009/05/shepher...ag/#more-18858

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.