Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I already broke one of the TLR aluminum caster blocks. No crashes out of the norm, truck started handling strange and upon inspection, sure enough it was snapped at its thinnest. Much disappoint after dropping some good coin. I did a search and cant find them, did they already pull them???

Last edited by SoCalMX; 05-23-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool SEND IT BACK

Here> http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
Well I already broke one of the TLR aluminum caster blocks. No crashes out of the norm, truck started handling strange and upon inspection, sure enough it was snapped at its thinnest. Much disappoint after dropping some good coin. I did a search and cant find them, did they already pull them???
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

I will thanks. I have to ship some (new unopened) parts back to them for my 1/5 scale anyhow.

The blocks are no longer listed on the TLR site, my guess is they scratched the idea? Not sure why they didn't make them close to the same thickness of the stockers?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rc-007
What's the minimum requirements for a servo in a scte? Would a hitec 965 be enough, or a Solar D770/D771/D772? Also, would a 2.0 really be necessary for someone just getting into 4x4 sct, or would a 1.0 be fine? I'm not entirely new to r/c, currently race 17.5 sc basically. Also my budget is going to be low...
I like my servo's .10sec or faster on speed and 150oz of torque or more.

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
I will thanks. I have to ship some (new unopened) parts back to them for my 1/5 scale anyhow.

The blocks are no longer listed on the TLR site, my guess is they scratched the idea? Not sure why they didn't make them close to the same thickness of the stockers?
We talking abou these?

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334017

No they are not scraping the idea. I can't say what CS will do but they are pretty good about replacing stuff and if it broke that fast I would guess there was a flaw in the material. We have had these on Ryan and my Trucks for a good 6-8 months and we bent original prototypes but never broke one. The part was stiffened to reduce the chance to bend them. I put my truck full speed in a wall and broke a spindle (first one EVER on this truck) and the caster block was fine. Contact Horizon Customer service and see what they will do for you.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, I finally found them listed. I will give it a shot and see what they say!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

For the fun of it during practice runs I have been trying to downside a table clearing a double, when the better path and what every one else (typically me too) is doing is hitting the double than the table. Cased it several times (I did hit it clean a few times and it was pretty sweet) and cracked my chassis out back, FOCK!!! Already ordered a replacement chassis and will do a full rebuild including the diffs, MIP Puck drive and stainless screw set, gonna be a fun week!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
We talking abou these?

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334017

No they are not scraping the idea. I can't say what CS will do but they are pretty good about replacing stuff and if it broke that fast I would guess there was a flaw in the material. We have had these on Ryan and my Trucks for a good 6-8 months and we bent original prototypes but never broke one. The part was stiffened to reduce the chance to bend them. I put my truck full speed in a wall and broke a spindle (first one EVER on this truck) and the caster block was fine. Contact Horizon Customer service and see what they will do for you.
Do they make aluminum front spindles to go with them. I have broke 5-6 of them so far and for some reason it's always the right side (I believe). The steering arm breaks off the spindle.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ctuinstra
Do they make aluminum front spindles to go with them. I have broke 5-6 of them so far and for some reason it's always the right side (I believe). The steering arm breaks off the spindle.
No they don't. Are you breaking them in cold weather? I find it quite odd you are breaking spindles.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
No they don't. Are you breaking them in cold weather? I find it quite odd you are breaking spindles.
It was over the course of the winter on an indoor track. I don't usually break many other parts. I thought it was quite odd that I was breaking them and only on the one side until I had to donate another one to a fellow driver who also broke the same one.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ctuinstra
I kept breaking mine also. Hot Racing makes aluminum spindles and I'm using those now. Someone posted a picture a few tabs back.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Roken
I kept breaking mine also. Hot Racing makes aluminum spindles and I'm using those now. Someone posted a picture a few tabs back.
Thanks, I found them. I'm going to give them a try.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Workinh good

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Nice

Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hi guys,

need part nos for caster blocks, front tekno shafts and rear hex (0.5 mm)

need to mod my NEW 2.0
Old 05-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I run an SCTE 1.0 with the Mamba SCT Race Pro system (3800kv) and was wondering if the shroud fan for the motor is necessary? It's just bulky and saps some battery so I'm curious.. PS I live in Texas so it can get hot and run outdoors. Thanks
Old 05-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Breaking spindles - my experience.

I broke a couple when I used the STRC aluminum stearing rack. The aluminum servo saver side would bind and not give when needed to. You get a little dust in there, and those two aluminum halves don't slide over one another. Once I replaced with plastic, never broke a spindle again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.