Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking "A NEED TO KNOW"

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Yeah Nimh users complaining about buying ONE lipo pack? like anyone would goto a big race like IIC without at LEAST 4 brand new nimhs packs per class.
Trust me I'm not one of those complaining NIMH users, I know having to buy 4 sets of NIMH for me and my son who also raced last year in 1/12., the cost was an issue since I haven't used the batteries from then, plus having to discharge between rounds was a pain. I've been a LIPO fan since they came out. The last time I bought NIMH was last year for the IIC race so that tells you I have no problem with the new class.
I've been out of 1/12 for a while and have not kept up with the technology so I need to know what my options are to convert my electronics for this years race.
Keep chimming in, the info is very informative!
Max
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Rick - we have documentation stating availabilty..... short of us going to every hobby shop in the nation, documentation is all there is... and some honor of course.

If there is a problem, please utilize my email box regarding this and not a public comment inferring misdeeds?
TOASTY!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
what about saddle packs though!!!!

and yes I see it donnie but mentally it doesn't look right to me.
Hi Nash,

Hey, it only looks weird because it's new. That's exactly what everyone said about the original TC3 with all 6-cells on one side. "It will never balance", etc. It then went on to destroy everyone for a few seasons. Now, I don't think anyone makes a saddle pack Touring Car.

You can easily balance a T-Bar chassis out at 730grams. A nice offshoot of the T-Bar design is that you get to mount your ESC way back next to the motor. By far the shortest motor & battery wire combo.

Once you put the body on, the only thing you'll notice different is how much better your car handles with a Lipo in it.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Nash,

Hey, it only looks weird because it's new. That's exactly what everyone said about the original TC3 with all 6-cells on one side. "It will never balance", etc. It then went on to destroy everyone for a few seasons. Now, I don't think anyone makes a saddle pack Touring Car.

You can easily balance a T-Bar chassis out at 730grams. A nice offshoot of the T-Bar design is that you get to mount your ESC way back next to the motor. By far the shortest motor & battery wire combo.

Once you put the body on, the only thing you'll notice different is how much better your car handles with a Lipo in it.

Take care.-Bruce
it's good that you brought up the TC3 as what happen to that car when the batteries got heavier. it was designed for 2400 mah packs when the 3000 3300 packs came out you had to mill the chassis and move batteries closer to center to get the roll center closer. and then they had to redesign the car to the tc4 to get the weight closer to the center of the chassis for the 3800 and 4200 same thing happen for xray. fk05 006 007 008. so whos to say that the 5000 pack is the same weight as the 4200 lipo pack.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Test
Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Nash,

It isn't, the 5000 will weigh more. But.... that's already been planned for by ROAR. The 730 weight is very easy to make. Especially with a T-Bar car. You'll be able to balance the chassis for several seasons.

If a few seasons from now, it becomes an issue, I'm betting our more pro-active ROAR will do something like limit the case height to keep speeds and weight in check. (For the record, that was Josh's idea, and it's a good one).

Take care.-Bruce

Last edited by SpeedMerchant; 05-13-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

what about saddle packs though!!!!

and yes I see it donnie but mentally it doesn't look right to me.
Worried that it is starting to look like a touring car? ;>
Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

it's good that you brought up the TC3 as what happen to that car when the batteries got heavier. it was designed for 2400 mah packs when the 3000 3300 packs came out you had to mill the chassis and move batteries closer to center to get the roll center closer. and then they had to redesign the car to the tc4 to get the weight closer to the center of the chassis for the 3800 and 4200 same thing happen for xray. fk05 006 007 008. so whos to say that the 5000 pack is the same weight as the 4200 lipo pack.
By the time they get to that point, either you won't be able to buy a t bar car, and yours will be totally outdated, or they will have saddle 1s packs.

Don't worry about it.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

come on dirla, accept it. it is the way of the future. besides, you are just gonna drive it into the wall anyways.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

I don't do that with 12th scale now the taxi cabs are another story and you should see when I get mad at my MBX5R

12th scale for life and I can't drive a link car. it's just a shame I can't run PARAGON at vegas.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scotty,

Are the World GT classes expected to run to the same guidelines as Amateur class? If I get a bit of help from some people, do you expect us to enter Expert, leaving those who do it all themselves to enter 13.5? Or, is it a free choice to enter either class?

I only want to do what's right by the drivers, and don't mind which class I'm in if there are guidelines. I'd rather not find I'm in the wrong class, as I'm someone who (very gratefully!) gets a little help from a distributor.

Thanks in advance of your reply.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Scotty,

Are the World GT classes expected to run to the same guidelines as Amateur class? If I get a bit of help from some people, do you expect us to enter Expert, leaving those who do it all themselves to enter 13.5? Or, is it a free choice to enter either class?

I only want to do what's right by the drivers, and don't mind which class I'm in if there are guidelines. I'd rather not find I'm in the wrong class, as I'm someone who (very gratefully!) gets a little help from a distributor.

Thanks in advance of your reply.
this may help

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
THEISGROUP: The Expert WGT class is for full sponsored racers. Drivers with 50% deals can still run WGT. This is not an amature class.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Thanks
Scotty
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theisgroup
this may help
Wow!! Scotty did that without moving his fingers!! Thanks Theisgroup, it's taken me 20 minutes in this thread not to find that! Doh!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

12th scale for life and I can't drive a link car.
hell I didnt know you could drive a T-plate car!!! LOL

EA
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
hell I didnt know you could drive a T-plate car!!! LOL

EA
Ouch!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.