Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th steering servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got a Hitec 5925 that is 4 years old and still going strong, great servo. I also use Airtronics 94358's for steering on my XB8, which is a great servo.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had several servos, several brands, in both airplanes, and cars, both on and off road. For racing, my favorites have been the JR high torque metal gear units. I've got a 650 in my mayhem, and another in my pro-4. Then 590s in a few other cars, and even a couple base models on throttles in a few others. They've all been great servos, only one or two going bad in rough situations. But I stand by them, they work very well, and won't break the bank...

If $$$ isn't an issue, the digis are really nice, but they suck a battery dry pretty quick. I see guys topping them off between races, and that's with 1000-1600 mah reciever packs. We race on a regular basis, and my analog servos hang with all the digi guys, no problem...
Old 05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

i like the futaba 9550 for the trhottle though...it has enough torque to lock the tires...and the track i run at you dont touch the brake most of the time...but its small and quick...pretty light...it seems to do ok on the batt...but the 94360 seems to suck the juice worse than the 94358...so i think i will go back to the 358 really soon...
Old 05-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

i use some LSE brand servo with hs speed metal gears and bearings....8.2kgz @ 6 V @ 0.14 sec....i dno if its good or not....works fine in my savage tho...can som1 tell me how much oz 8.2 kg is?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

I have 2 airtonics 94358z's in the buggy and a 359 in savage... love them
Old 05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

my mates got some airtronics in his onroader...pretty good the whole radio system is airtronics or sumthing ace rci dno thunder tiger makes it i think
Old 05-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ive been running airtronics 58's on my 1/8 scale buggy so i figured it was a lock in the truggy. Put the truggy together and tore up the "a" gear on two steering servos one 58 and a 57. Keep in mind this was on the bench. What was also odd was the fact that the truck would not completely turn to right or left until i lifted truck off of bench. Put in a ko propo 2344 and truck worked great. Not sure what was up with the airtronics. So when I was at the lhs ordering replacement gears for the 58 and 57 I ordered the propo 2366 servo. Anyone know what could have went wrong with the airtronics servos? Batteries were completely charged also.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My friend with the hard luck JR servos got his back again...smoked another one. They told him it was because his car was left on while on the bench. He had the EPA set correctly and the radio was off (Spektrum), and the failsafe was set to neutral.

IMO, that's the most ludicrous thing I've heard in a long time. If that was true, I would have smoked 20 servos by now.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default JR SERVOS LICK SACK

Turbo joe is right i should of listened to him awhile ago.Im the one that keeps having problems w/the jr's.I take very good care of my stuff and set up all epa's and what not on my m11 corrrectly.Turbo joe can vouch for that.I will never buy another jr servo cause they f@$*!ing suck.All my airtronics stuff in my other 2 cars have been great............ Who carees about a 3 year warranty if the product is good you shouldnt have a problem 98 percent of the time. I dont by that all 5 jr servos i bought happened to be defective one maybe. IM STICKING TO TRIED AND TRUSTED AIRTRONICS !
Old 05-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So far my four JR servos have been flawless...
2x S9000T
2x S9000S

All of them have great rip and torque. Althought they are a bit of power eaters...
But with my 2000mah Lipo pack with regulator...I have two hours of run time..
So I am not complaining...

But I have had problems with one JR servo years ago....But it was more of a middle of the road servo not a high end one...

Now for Hitec,
I don't trust them...
I have used them when I first got into RC and they either broke gears, wouldn't center or both...
It happened with both digital and analog, high end and mid range...
I have seen more Hitec Servos fry, dry and agrivate RC enthosiest for years...
Like I said, I don't trust them...

Airtronics are also on the top of my list for Off Road....
Only had two problems and Airtronics fixed them both for hardly any cash....
Great customer support...

-Shookie <><
Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

JR told Jerry that the servos smoked because he left the car on...LOL...if I smoked a servo every time I left a car on, I'd have to find a different hobby.

Shookie...ever leave your car on? A 2000maH Lipo should be able to smoke one up pretty good if that was true...
Old 05-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

I had two high end JR analog servos fail. I sent them in for warranty and was told that they were worn out and I could exchange them for new ones at a price higher than street price. No Thanks.