Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Marc is at Reedy a week early. It's game time for worlds, huh?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Potential travel plans?

Originally Posted by A_Smith
Thanks alot.
How's Northern Ireland this time of year, my wife and I would love to spend at least a couple of weeks there. When is the best time to go and what cities do you recommend going to and spending the most time. In what cities are there RC indoor or outdoor carpet or asphalt tracks that you go to. I really would like to see some if we go there!
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by maxepower
How's Northern Ireland this time of year, my wife and I would love to spend at least a couple of weeks there. When is the best time to go and what cities do you recommend going to and spending the most time. In what cities are there RC indoor or outdoor carpet or asphalt tracks that you go to. I really would like to see some if we go there!
Thanks in advance!
Hey
You'd be better leaving your trip to June/July as our weather mostly consists of rain. Well the only main cities i guess are Belfast/Derry maybe Newcastle and Portrush too. But its a short trip across the border into Donegal or Dublin. As for racing we only have one outdoor track up north and one down in Dublin for 1/10th and our indoor carpet only runs during winter.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
It depends how much power you put through it. Wilck's method is the same as what Kiyo told me at TITC, and in mod I still had coning after only a couple runs. My friend though runs 17.5 boost and so far his diff is fine.

On the O-ring front check out kyosho part # ORG05. They fit straight in and come in a pack of 10 and will stop the leaks.

I still find it a bit hard to believe that the team put up with a diff this shoddy. They only need to change the orings and the length of the pin to have the best diff on the market

What is Wilck's and Kiyo's method specifically?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maxepower
Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately the weather at the mineute is not great. Rather cold and wet for this time of year but Northern Ireland is a beautiful country with very nice countryside and scenic views. Belfast is the main city here but to be honest this is not the place to come to go shopping. Come to our we country to see the beautiful coastlines and meet the friendliest people in the world....

If you are coming over i would highly recommend highering a car and just travel all over and especially doing the north coast.

As for RC racing there is not a massive scene here but we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

... we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
Which offers free Guinness to all participants
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Which offers free Guinness to all participants
No actually free bushmills wiskeys as its 15 minutes down the road lol
Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: traveling to Ireland!

Unfortunately the weather at the mineute is not great. Rather cold and wet for this time of year but Northern Ireland is a beautiful country with very nice countryside and scenic views. Belfast is the main city here but to be honest this is not the place to come to go shopping. Come to our we country to see the beautiful coastlines and meet the friendliest people in the world....

If you are coming over i would highly recommend highering a car and just travel all over and especially doing the north coast.

As for RC racing there is not a massive scene here but we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
I believe your right, to get the full affect of seeing a country is to travel the roads on your own but we need to rent a car to really see the countryside. But, one question, don't you have the steering wheel on the right side of the car! I've been to Japan and it's very confusing driving on the opposite side of the road. You actually aren't allowed to drive on the road. You have to travel by train, cab, bike or bus.
I guess I assumed that indoor race tracks would be more popular because of what you said about the long rain seasons.
A little rain isn't going to stop me from going! Was just hoping to see how RC racing is done in other countries. See what type of racing is the most popular! Here in So.Cal. offroad is very popular and onroad is 2nd best. We have outdoor onroad and indoor asphalt and then indoor carpet.
Indoor offroad is very popular, with all the many brushless systems being available at the hobby stores and tracks!
I guess we are spoiled here, having so many choices!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I just bought some stuff off RC market, wheels tyres oils pinions spurs that sort of thing. I typically buy off speedtech and ship to NZ, theyre really thorough email you once the order has gone through etc and email you again when the order leaves.
RC Market..nothing. I have no idea where what my orders up to if they even got it. Money is out of my paypal.

Anybody else had experience? Do i just sit and hope?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
I just bought some stuff off RC market, wheels tyres oils pinions spurs that sort of thing. I typically buy off speedtech and ship to NZ, theyre really thorough email you once the order has gone through etc and email you again when the order leaves.
RC Market..nothing. I have no idea where what my orders up to if they even got it. Money is out of my paypal.

Anybody else had experience? Do i just sit and hope?
Always buy stuff from rcmarket, never had any problem and I am down here in Brazil.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Always buy stuff from rcmarket, never had any problem and I am down here in Brazil.
Cheers mate. So it is common for them to just have non existent customer service? Ill check my mail box this week.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yep market is ok, normally you get some automated emails saying your order has been processed, and normally it ships in around 2 days.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

I need to eat my words in a back way. Spam inbox had 3 emails from rcmarket confirming my order, an update on my order and full shipping details. Thanks for your help guys. Big thumbs up to market
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anybody have a 416WE they can loan Rheinard for a few months?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If it is for the WC at Holland i know one that is selling one.
Or a 416X.

regards Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.