Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Should I replace my Buggy with a Truggy? >

Should I replace my Buggy with a Truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I replace my Buggy with a Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Should I replace my Buggy with a Truggy?

Hello All,

I have a Mugen MBX5 Prospect and I am thinking about selling it and get a MBX5-T. Before I do that, I want to know if you guys think that the Truggys are here to stay for race purposes and do most races have Truggy classes. My concern is that I do not want to show up to a race and they have tons of buggys and only a few truggys to race.

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

all classes are fads, and they all cycle in popularity because people get tired of the same ol' same ol'. If you can, have both.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

I was thinking of that...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Truggies will die off but buggies will always be the most popular RC Class out there

Cheers
Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I doubt truggies are going to be seeing a decline anytime in the near future. If you are bored with your buggy pick up a truggy. Personally though don't like the way they hanlde though, much prefer the buggy, so much more fun to drive. Buggy will always be the biggest class around the world though, thats for sure.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

IMO, the truggy is more fun to run hard since it is more forgiving. The buggy is more technical and quick in every way. The differences are similar to 1/10 scale electric buggy and truck. Definitely keep both if you can.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ManicRC
IMO, the truggy is more fun to run hard since it is more forgiving. The buggy is more technical and quick in every way. The differences are similar to 1/10 scale electric buggy and truck. Definitely keep both if you can.
I'm in total agreement here. I've seen the shift from 1/10 2wd electric buggy to 1/10 2wd electric truck to 1/10 2wd nitro truck to 1/8 buggy and now to 1/8 truggy. I think truggies are here to stay but the biggest race class turnout is still 1/8 buggy.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

I drove some friends truggy this weekend and it was fun. But I still like the buggy too. I don't mind buying the truggy and keeping the buggy. But if I keep the buggy, then I have to buy another motor, transponder, and receiver. Jeezz!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I'm in total agreement here. I've seen the shift from 1/10 2wd electric buggy to 1/10 2wd electric truck to 1/10 2wd nitro truck to 1/8 buggy and now to 1/8 truggy. I think truggies are here to stay but the biggest race class turnout is still 1/8 buggy.
That just goes to show that people cant drive. Gas Truck is by far the funnest gas class out there. And 2mod is the best electric class.... You need to learn a bit of finness w/ them, but if you spend the time to do, it will only make you a way better driver. W/ a truggy you just start it up, hold it wide open and go....

That is my 2cent, prob not worth 1...