Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I am considering buying a Hyper 9e. I now there have been allot of updates to the car since it was released. What would I look for to make sure a kit has all of the latest parts? Also, is there a list of must have upgrades that should just be purchased with the kit. I assume the new center CVD is one of them, but what else?
If you drive like me you will want the CNC top brace for the front, I hate loosing parts on the track!

I just got the SNR rear brace but havent run with it yet, I have been through three motor mounts without it though. Striping the screw hole to the top brace.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Matrix info found thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 10:30 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

wow this thread is really booming now lol !!!!!
2 weeks and my hyper 9e with 2xmoosracing carbonfibre chassis will be up for sale
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Matrix Concepts Inc.

If you have any questions- please feel free to either write me here on this thread- or send me a PM and I'll write you as soon as possible

PS. I did not see a previous question- prior to this post. The last post I saw by you was regarding the Nexx8 vs the Hyper 9e.

Update: I found your original question- As follows:

Can anyone give me Matrix's contact information for the Carbon Chassis Conversion...I cannot get the link to work.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Matrix info found thanks

Last edited by MindThoughts; 12-01-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just really interested in the conversion kit...looks awesome...found the website but didn't see a contact/scrolled back and found it...sent a PM.

PF
Old 12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I broke the 3rd front control arm ysterday, I guess I should try boiling them next time. I like everything about my 9E except the dam arms breaking to easy. Parts for this buggy are too expensive IMO, almost $20.00 to buy and deliver a pair if plastic arms is too much.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default 10th scale short course

Anyone tried converting their 9E to a 10th scale short course? Will the hyper SC bumper parts fit the 9E? Please share.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9E Short Course Conversion Kit.

I've thought this was a good idea and an interesting idea for a very long time. I also know of someone that is in the process of converting their second Hyper 9E into a short course truck. I will ask if he will post a complete and detailed response to your question. I do know he said the conversion would be quite simple and got the original idea from an RC Magazine(I do not know which Magazine) which had an article on how to convert your 1/8th scale 4 wheel drive buggy into a Short Course truck. It's been a few months from the last time I ask about the progress of the project. I'll inquire and request a public thread response right away

Originally Posted by diesel
Anyone tried converting their 9E to a 10th scale short course? Will the hyper SC bumper parts fit the 9E? Please share.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9E Front A-Arm Breakage Conditions.

Hi Bondo-
What are the conditions under which you've broke each of the arms you mention? Are you racing? Practicing? Or ?

Have you verified all the arms you are buying and breaking are all the latest design(mold) Ofna offers for the Hyper 9E. It's well known the first generation front arms broke like soft butter.

Where are you buying your arms from?

Note: I know NitroHouse always sells the latest design parts- and arms.

PS. Ive crashed quite hard and I've not broken one set of the latest design arms. And I've not boiled them either. Though I'm open to and willing to give the boiling a try at some point in time- as an experiment and out of curiosity. But I can only say that these arms have proven to be very strong- which makes me wonder if you have the latest version. The only way to know is to compare design differences.

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I broke the 3rd front control arm ysterday, I guess I should try boiling them next time. I like everything about my 9E except the dam arms breaking to easy. Parts for this buggy are too expensive IMO, almost $20.00 to buy and deliver a pair if plastic arms is too much.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz

I called Nitro House a couple of weeks back to get the inside scoop on the
Hyper 9E from Tim Bump because when I buy one I want to have all spare
parts needed as well as all parts to make the correct mods to the buggy to
have it 100% right when it hits the track the first time.

I asked about breakage because no one will have spare parts for a 9E
anywhere in stock. I'll be one my own racing a 9E with no set up help
from anyone at the track & no one will have Hyper 9 parts in their pit
boxs to help me if it breaks.

Tim told me they were not breaking anything on the Hyper 9E, he even
went & asked the phone order guys if they were selling alot of any one
part on the 9E that they would consider being a problem.. They told Tim
nothing was really selling on a regular basis to call it a problem..

Tim did tell me I should order a spare set of front arms because on any
1/8th buggy you take a wrong hit & your done for the day without a
spare. I know this is 100% true because I've raced nitro Thunder Tiger,
Kyosho,Mugen,Ofna 1/8th buggies & they all had front arms break at
one time or another.

All 1/8th nitro buggies I've raced have been tuff as nails, but anything
will break that is man made & spare parts in your pit box are a must in
my opinion.

The way I look at it if I order a few sets of front arms & a couple of sets
of C hubs shipping is no biggie. Parts are cheap for buggies, I look at it
like this: At a cost of about $1500.00 to get into 1/8th buggy racing to
do it right a $20.00 part is peanuts..

Enjoy your buggy..
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I have only broke three arms all year between the two of my Hypers. The only one I knew exactly what happened was when I hit a PVC coupling holding a pipe together on the outside of the straight. I went from full speed to to ten feet in the air tumbling forward in an instant, finally tumbling into the pit. I guess the wheel nut caught the coupling.

Even with an outrageous crash like that it was just an arm and a shock shaft.

one I couldn't even tell but the CVD popped out and I knew it was driving funny on the gas?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The worst I've done to my 9E was bend things. Rear knuckle hinge pins, front drive shafts, and the stock center dog bone. For all those parts, all I had to do was bend them back. I've yet to break anything. And I've had some nasty crashes.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9E Video at West Coast RC Raceway. Pro Qualifier Race. Hyper 9E Wins.

I film this race(I'm not in this race) a couple months ago at West Coast RC Raceway. The Silver Buggy in the front is an Ofna- Hyper 9E 1/8th scale four wheel drive buggy(My Favorite Class of RC by far- for reasons of excellent durability-compared to 1/10th scale four wheel drive buggy which I also use to race but I crash allot and thus would spend most of the day buying and replaceing broken parts. Those days are over with the strengh and durability of the 1/8th scale class of RC's

Link To Race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dikanJzfkWY

Keep in mind- this race was recorded before Ofna (also see- NitroHouse) began to offer a variety of different shock pistons. Note the trouble the Hyper 9E gets into a few times in the whoops section of the track. Great Race- And nothing competes with the very well balanced- excellent design of the Hyper 9E 1/8th scale buggy(My Personal Favorite

Note: This race has many very fast Pro Class Racers.

PS.
Thank you for telling us about your great durability record with your Hyper 9E Dan- That's really great. It's one of the greatest feelings- being able to run your buggy all day at the track, and even with some serious mistakes on the track which result in severe crashes- it's nice when 99% of those crashes the Hyper 9E comes out unbroken. It's certainly a Great Buggy. And no doubt in my mind- The Greatest Of The Greats

Originally Posted by tq_danpatterson
The worst I've done to my 9E was bend things. Rear knuckle hinge pins, front drive shafts, and the stock center dog bone. For all those parts, all I had to do was bend them back. I've yet to break anything. And I've had some nasty crashes.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks for the vid Joseph. The couple times he got out of shape it appeard as if the buggy was unsettled entering the woops and was trying to turn as he was in them. Car looked pretty good though!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup vs Driving Style = RC Racing.

Excellent observation Jube-
Thank you for your insight. I certainly did not notice this very important detail- until you brought this to my attention. I appreciate your insight. Thank you

PS. You are very welcome- and I will continue to post links to races I record. I also have plans to interview many Pro Class 1/8th scale racers- And I will post those interviews onto this thread as well

Note: Happy Holidays Everyone

Originally Posted by Jube
Thanks for the vid Joseph. The couple times he got out of shape it appeard as if the buggy was unsettled entering the woops and was trying to turn as he was in them. Car looked pretty good though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.