What car for street/ skatepark fun?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What car for street/ skatepark fun?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Default What car for street/ skatepark fun?

Hello,

I'm looking for a car to have some fun during my work pause and the only thing I have at that time is streets and a skatepark so..

If you have any suggestion , oh and I forget to mention I prefer something small enough to be able to carry it in a backpack
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I saw some kids bashing a Traxxas mini-Summit at the local skate park to great success.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Planespotter
I saw some kids bashing a Traxxas mini-Summit at the local skate park to great success.
funny thing is that I'm watching a vid of the summit vxl right now

This said I have some doubt about the durability as I had a mini revo and it's a great toy but it wears quite fast. Mini and micro cars can be rather expensive once you upgrade parts, idealy I'd like something strong straight from the box. A SCT would be fun but too big, maybe a stadium truck?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
funny thing is that I'm watching a vid of the summit vxl right now

This said I have some doubt about the durability as I had a mini revo and it's a great toy but it wears quite fast. Mini and micro cars can be rather expensive once you upgrade parts, idealy I'd like something strong straight from the box. A SCT would be fun but too big, maybe a stadium truck?
If you went with an sc.. Jconcepts makes a backpack that can hold a short course truck. Are you looking to go 4wd or 2wd?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Losi Mini 8 fun as hell
Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The Ofna Hyper 10TT is a great skatepark basher.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

savage xs?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Collective itch
savage xs?
SAVAGE! One of the toughest trucks I have ever seen..... Unbelievable!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

losi mini 8ight, savage xs and hyper 10TT are very good options

The good thing about the Hyper 10TT is that it uses standard servos and can use a MMP that I already have for 1/8. It seems to be good on a track also.

Losi mini eight is cheap but needs upgrades from what I read (servo, shock towers..). Shocks seems to be fragile also. This said I've had the occasion to test a lrp shark which is similar and I've never had so much fun driving an rc car. It was on an astro track and it was quick as hell. Awesome experience! I was very surprised coming from 1/8 e-buggy

I know almost nothing about the savage xs but the ground clearance is good for it's size and HPI makes solid trucks so I can imagine it's strong.

I think I'd rather take a 4wd just to have grip in every situation, I'm looking for a cheap but fun alternative to my 1/8 e-buggies that I race only. I have two SC10 but I don't get used to their "loose" feel and they aren't fun on dirt because they lack too much traction? I did some research and the firestorm flux looks like a good 2wd for my waitings.

One is for sure: I don't want to spend the price of the car to make it strong.

Last edited by Pulse_; 11-08-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

losi mini 8ight, savage xs and hyper 10TT are very good options

The good thing about the Hyper 10TT is that it uses standard servos and can use a MMP that I already have for 1/8. It seems to be good on a track also.

Losi mini eight is cheap but needs upgrades from what I read (servo, shock towers..). Shocks seems to be fragile also. This said I've had the occasion to test a lrp shark which is similar and I've never had so much fun driving an rc car. It was on an astro track and it was quick as hell. Awesome experience! I was very surprised coming from 1/8 e-buggy

I know almost nothing about the savage xs but the ground clearance is good for it's size and HPI makes solid trucks so I can imagine it's strong.

I think I'd rather take a 4wd just to have grip in every situation, I'm looking for a cheap but fun alternative to my 1/8 e-buggies that I race only. I have two SC10 but I don't get used to their "loose" feel and they aren't fun on dirt because they lack too much traction? I did some research and the firestorm flux looks like a good 2wd for my waitings.

One is for sure: I don't want to spend the price of the car to make it strong.
savage xs, i beat on pretty hard. ive blown some shock rod ends, had to do the steering link mod, and broken a wheel hub on the rear. its a pretty tough truck. firestorm flux i used to have, that was a very good rc that i regret selling, tough as nails.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Collective itch
savage xs, i beat on pretty hard. ive blown some shock rod ends, had to do the steering link mod, and broken a wheel hub on the rear. its a pretty tough truck. firestorm flux i used to have, that was a very good rc that i regret selling, tough as nails.
Thanks or the feedback, here is my short list:

Ofna CRT .5 BL conversion

FIRESTORM FLUX

LOSI MINI 8IGHT

STAMPEDE 4X4

SLASH 4X4 with MT wheels

HYPER 10 TT

SAVAGE XS

MINI REVO
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

l I have two SC10 but I don't get used to their "loose" feel and they aren't fun on dirt because they lack too much traction? I did some research and the firestorm flux looks like a good 2wd for my waitings.
If this is the case I would steer away from any 2wd including the firestorm. My sc10 2wd is the most hooked up/easiest to drive 2wd I've ever owned/driven (once setup).
Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mini 8 or a traxxas rally, the rally is much quicker in stock form. But neither required upgrades. I used to live by a skate park, and would take a car there a few nights a week.

Edit : the rally needs rpm hubs

Last edited by jsinclair; 11-09-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i'd add a hpi vorza to your list since you already have 4s and 5s lipos it looks like for your other 1/8 rides. they would be alot of fun with the 2200kv castle motor in the vorza

edit: and then i read you want to keep it small, you could probly throw a vorza in a backpack

Last edited by hlb14; 11-09-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have used my 10th scale Slash at my local skatepark before it was pretty fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.