Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JP engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

The engine felt like it had a lot of torque the other day. But yesterday, the engine just doesn't have the power to keep up with most people on the track. I might try calling Mugen about this. Maybe I have to adjust the low end needle. My engine ran 235F at one point and it still wasn't fast. I thought it was my clutch, but it looked normal.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Have you messed about with different gearings to best suit the track, and when the 2nd gear engages? might help if it feels a little lacking in top end
Old 08-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

I have one of these new JP T-03 05' Factory Mod and ran it at the recent state title event and this thing has nothing out of corners no power at all, I played with clutch, tuning, and even different gear ratios and still nothing. There were only 2 of us I belive that were running this new motor at this event and we both had the same problems through out the event. Most people were running the older JP the motor before his one and they had way more power than the new ones. Anyway just my 2 cents on this new motor that was spoused to be all that and a bit more and not to mention the bloody cost of the thing.

Not happy Jan
Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by wendellc1
The engine felt like it had a lot of torque the other day. But yesterday, the engine just doesn't have the power to keep up with most people on the track. I might try calling Mugen about this. Maybe I have to adjust the low end needle. My engine ran 235F at one point and it still wasn't fast. I thought it was my clutch, but it looked normal.
Have u checked the plug, pipe condition, clutch, drivetrain, etc? That's weird if you experience this. Good engine need good maintenance also.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Regional Moderator

What do you mean by JP Factory Mod? I don't know any single JP called Factory Mod '05 edition. Is it modified by someone else? Can you give me the piston/sleeve and crankshaft pics? Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I called Mugen and their advise is to run it at 200-215F for about 1 gallon until the engine is fully broken in. Hopefully, after a few more tanks, my engine will start to wake up.

I've checked my clutch and drivetrain and nothing is binding. So, the engine was probably just sleepy on Tuesday. I will test it out again tonight at the track.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daniz24
What do you mean by JP Factory Mod? I don't know any single JP called Factory Mod '05 edition. Is it modified by someone else? Can you give me the piston/sleeve and crankshaft pics? Thanks
There are 3 version of the JP. One is "stock" with the silver case, then you have the modified with the black case, and the "full option" which is the same as the black modified one but with hardened crank and ceramic bearing. Modification is done by JP (the company, probably not the man).

As to the speed, I've found that I have to run these engines richer in the bottom and leaner on top for best performance.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
There are 3 version of the JP. One is "stock" with the silver case, then you have the modified with the black case, and the "full option" which is the same as the black modified one but with hardened crank and ceramic bearing. Modification is done by JP (the company, probably not the man).

As to the speed, I've found that I have to run these engines richer in the bottom and leaner on top for best performance.
Yes thanks. I know, but I've never heard the Factory Mod kind of thing. Actually, I count there are 4 type for sale. stock silver case, black case modified, black case black crank mod, full option with ceramic bearing.

Another one is a limited quantity team engine (sometimes prototype) with a jp signature, only can ask by special order for big race. Maybe there will be another engine modified by JP Racing but the deal is not done yet
Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Regional Moderator

What pipe and fuel do you feel the best for this engine? Thx
Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jeffery,

Have you experianced a fully optioned JP? I remember you run a Rody V12 on your RRR. How would you compare the two? Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wendellc1
Hi Jeffery,

Have you experianced a fully optioned JP? I remember you run a Rody V12 on your RRR. How would you compare the two? Thanks.
I have several engines including the Rody and the full option JP. The Rody is faster because it's a special team motor and I bought the JP off the shelf.

I run O'Donell 25 or 30%. I've tried Byron and that works well too.

I have tried several pipes in the market but overall I'd say the Skyline VR12 is the best pipe on the market now.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

I have several engines including the Rody and the full option JP. The Rody is faster because it's a special team motor and I bought the JP off the shelf.

I run O'Donell 25 or 30%. I've tried Byron and that works well too.

I have tried several pipes in the market but overall I'd say the Skyline VR12 is the best pipe on the market now.
Hello,

Is this "special team motor" rody something that you can order or not? Is it the same RB rody as what Ace Hobbies sells? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hello,

Is this "special team motor" rody something that you can order or not? Is it the same RB rody as what Ace Hobbies sells? Thanks.
No, you can't buy it. It's a leftover from the worlds earlier this year. I happen to come across it and there isn't any more left.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

No, you can't buy it. It's a leftover from the worlds earlier this year. I happen to come across it and there isn't any more left.
Do you know if this team rody engine is faster than the regular V12 Rody or is it the same thing?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Do you know if this team rody engine is faster than the regular V12 Rody or is it the same thing?
Runs faster and cooler and uses less fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.