Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 03:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, this weekend was the first round of Finnish nationals at Vaasa. My YZ-2 was dialed, even on morning when track was damp. My setup is at PetitRC

-Joel
Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by RaceToTheBottom
Have you guys had any trouble with the plastic rear hubs? I want to try them on my bmax2, but someone told me they break easy.
Yes I have. The ball stud can strip out laterally because there isn't alot of support around the plastic (because of all the holes). To fix this I've put long set screws into the holes around the ball stud.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by st.ray
Does anyone know how moving the rear linkage on the hub to the forward or aft holes will affect handling? I've read all the setup guides and google searched but never really found a good answer. Theres got to be a good enough reason for 6 holes
Thanks
Forward gives more rotation. More aggressive feeling. Back is less aggressive less rotation makes rear much more lazy.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question, what wheels are everyone using 60mm tires seem to be popular at the local track.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like to use the Pro-Line Velocity "VTR". They are lighter than JC and they protect the wheel nuts.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Brand isn't the question, I am more worried about which chassis specific really. I.e. B5m, Rb6, 22, etc. Which chassis is the best closest to the offset.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Brand isn't the question, I am more worried about which chassis specific really. I.e. B5m, Rb6, 22, etc. Which chassis is the best closest to the offset.
b5/rb6 front
b5 rear, some rb6 fit but the AE rear tends to allow for more grip on the nut
Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WillS
b5/rb6 front
b5 rear, some rb6 fit but the AE rear tends to allow for more grip on the nut
Thank you! I am looking forward to giving this buggy a try.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

hey guys, got a question for everyone who has this buggy.

im really thinking about buying this buggy for my next kit. currently i run a hobbypro usa prs1 and like it alot, i just like to switch up brands every once and a while. so my question is, what are some suggestions on parts that may need upgrading before it even hits the track? in other words, is there any parts that should be upgraded or built differently to prevent failure before car hits turf? thanks.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer

im really thinking about buying this buggy for my next kit. currently i run a hobbypro usa prs1 and like it alot, i just like to switch up brands every once and a while. so my question is, what are some suggestions on parts that may need upgrading before it even hits the track? in other words, is there any parts that should be upgraded or built differently to prevent failure before car hits turf? thanks.
For durability, basically nothing. You may want the ti turnbuckles if not having them bothers you but this car will make the hobbypro look toy-grade next to it. You will want to get the under-battery weights and some variation of weighted front bulkhead/weight for the stock bulkhead for setup though as well as the machined shock pistons but otherwise, it's good to go, especially for turf.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Car is great as it comes out of the box. No options needed.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,i gonna get a yz2 next couple of days soon. any idea which model of motors is suit for the kit.☺
Old 06-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What are the class rules you'll be using and what surface are you racing on?
Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA
What are the class rules you'll be using and what surface are you racing on?
I will be running in a 1/10 scale track and is solid ground with carpet ramp☺
Old 06-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer

Weight is your biggest friend, i run 20g in front of the servo, 50g under the lipo, and use the brass rear hangers that gives me 18g in the rear, car is much more planted and stable.
Springs for sure but that will depend on your surface/track, but i did have a blinding meeting last week on kit springs, sure, the car was soft, too soft for carpet really, but was so planted and a lot of fun to drive in that set up.
TBH, there isnt much id say you need to mod or buy, its spot on from the get go, but if your running on high grip, try 4mm spacers on the front ackerman plate, really helps!

lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.