Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Paris Memorial

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Dosen't look like it's restricting Mike Swauger and Josh Cyrul's performance, these two drver's have proven that many times with there results.
Many of the club racer's here in Cali are using these boxes not for noise but for run time there also starting to use three chamber pipe's.
These motors were built and designed around this combo.
This is the wave of the future so get use to it because one day it will be a requirement for all races.
Hey Robbie.
You are right-it will not restrict performance and this will be in future for sure.
Another thing is when in rulls will say:" sound level is 80 Dbl and it will be mesure 30 feet away from track line-this one will be really hard thing, but now those boxes and 3 chambers pipes restrict nothing.
Sound level restrictions are really close and in nearrest future will be apply and real mesuring tools will be in use.
Edward
Old 08-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On a level playing field where all the racers use the air box, of course Swauger and Cyrul will be fast. If given a choice, I am sure they would not go with the box. Those guys run highly modified motors. You cant tell me the air box makes them faster.... total crap. Air restriction = less power, greater fuel economy.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

actually we ran the two against each other and the lap times were the same so really doesn't matter. it actually gives the car more bottom end and the top end was about the same. but this was with a jp three chamber pipe but with the older rb three chamber pipes it lost top end. the jp three chamber seem to run just as good as the normal novarossi two chamber pipes

my two cents
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ron Paris pitting for Swauger back in the day:

We miss you Ron.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Paris Memorial-ronparis02.jpg   2005 Paris Memorial-1107-don2.jpg  

Last edited by Zac Project; 08-17-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by graphiteman
On a level playing field where all the racers use the air box, of course Swauger and Cyrul will be fast. If given a choice, I am sure they would not go with the box. Those guys run highly modified motors. You cant tell me the air box makes them faster.... total crap. Air restriction = less power, greater fuel economy.
(TOTAL CRAP)???????????
I stated in my message above that these engine are built and tested around this combo, if you don't believe me e-mail or call any engine manufacture in Europe, and by the way they also use 25% just because something is louder doesn't make it faster, Mike tested this combination and has found there is no restriction or loss of power.
Question to you, since this is a bunch of crap have you ever taken the time or put in any effort to compare or test the two??????
Mike and Josh have been running the box on there car for over a year, and if I'm not mistaken Josh took it further he's been running 25% in his 1/8TH scale.
The reason why I use these two driver's for examples is because they both test and race a lot........................key phrase if you missed it TEST A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You tell 'em, Robbie!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
(TOTAL CRAP)???????????
I stated in my message above that these engine are built and tested around this combo, if you don't believe me e-mail or call any engine manufacture in Europe, and by the way they also use 25% just because something is louder doesn't make it faster, Mike tested this combination and has found there is no restriction or loss of power.
Question to you, since this is a bunch of crap have you ever taken the time or put in any effort to compare or test the two??????
Mike and Josh have been running the box on there car for over a year, and if I'm not mistaken Josh took it further he's been running 25% in his 1/8TH scale.
The reason why I use these two driver's for examples is because they both test and race a lot........................key phrase if you missed it TEST A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinda funny because I just came back from the GLC and heard Josh ramble on about the same exact stuff. He runs Sirio engines in his 1/8th. He had said how many people have come to him saying their engine never runs right.... sirio sucks..... etc. His frustrated diatribe was almost exactly like Robbie's.

"These engines are designed using the airbox, 25% nitro, and a 3 chamber pipe. These guys over here want to use a normal air filter, 30% and a 86 pipe. I tell them this and they still wonder why their engine doesn't perform"

The engines being made today are optimized for that set of parameters. They are made in Europe and tested under their rules. The way they come out of the box they should perform their best using those items.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

that robbie guy is very angry
Old 08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Nah never.................
Old 08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zac Project
Ron Paris pitting for Swauger back in the day:

We miss you Ron.
Cool pics!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

hey swag your the man...i heard
Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike jones
hey swag your the man...i heard
WOW!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

i wish i could be the man .....one day....one day
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

That was a fast team
Ranee Franko
Junrior
Mike
and of coarse Big Ron
Old 08-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

robbie easy on the spelling {renee} {junior}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.