Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By houston

Summer tuning flameouts

Old 05-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Summer tuning flameouts

So I’ve been working nonstop for a few weeks (have to pay the hobbysomehow) and finally got a chance to hit the track today both my engines flamed out nonstop after wot. It just hit 100f ambient temp humidity is close to zero. Last time I ran the cars it was in the low 70f. I tried changing to colder plugs didn’t help much the engines are R5r from reds with about a gallon after ebis. And the other is O.S. speed b2101 ty Tess edition
Old 06-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soyer
So I’ve been working nonstop for a few weeks (have to pay the hobbysomehow) and finally got a chance to hit the track today both my engines flamed out nonstop after wot. It just hit 100f ambient temp humidity is close to zero. Last time I ran the cars it was in the low 70f. I tried changing to colder plugs didn’t help much the engines are R5r from reds with about a gallon after ebis. And the other is O.S. speed b2101 ty Tess edition
sounds like they need tuned
sschultz likes this.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

If it’s sounding real crisp and then dying mid-high rpm while wot, you are probably way too lean on top. Try making the high speed much richer until it will stay running
Old 06-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
sounds like they need tuned
lol, words of wisdom there
Old 06-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
lol, words of wisdom there
sorry , sometimes my sarcasm cant be contained .....

internet tuning is pretty tough .....
Old 06-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Lol sorry to sound like a noob but my issues were with those two engine but my Triton L4 and p5xlt ran perfectly fine with little to no adjustment for weather. I ended up opening up the b2101 it was dripping with oil! I added a .1mm headshim and retuned idle a full tank perfectly fine now but the hsp needle is about 3mm in from flush still has smoke and temps are about 250f. I just never ran it so far in and was worried lol
Old 06-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Soyer,

Before adding Head Shim, You might try to use a colder plug, maybe P4 for Your B2101. And 3mm "in" for the High Speed Needle is suspiciously something not commonly right. Did You check the carb opening, the carb slide might not open fully so that You keep leaning the top to get a "good" top end.

Lol sorry to sound like a noob but my issues were with those two engine but my Triton L4 and p5xlt ran perfectly fine with little to no adjustment for weather. I ended up opening up the b2101 it was dripping with oil! I added a .1mm headshim and retuned idle a full tank perfectly fine now but the hsp needle is about 3mm in from flush still has smoke and temps are about 250f. I just never ran it so far in and was worried lol
Old 06-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I checked the opening. Running the 5.8mm incert idle gap is at .7mm now right Lsn is a hour or two in from flush and haven’t touched the msn. Running p4 gold
Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello Soyer,

Before adding Head Shim, You might try to use a colder plug, maybe P4 for Your B2101. And 3mm "in" for the High Speed Needle is suspiciously something not commonly right. Did You check the carb opening, the carb slide might not open fully so that You keep leaning the top to get a "good" top end.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Soyer,

Then, it might be a bad Fuel?

Or if You are running 21J Carburator, 1-2 Hours from Flush for the LSN seems to be on the rich side in my usual experience.

Cheers..

Yea I checked the opening. Running the 5.8mm incert idle gap is at .7mm now right Lsn is a hour or two in from flush and haven’t touched the msn. Running p4 gold