Wiki Posts
Search

Vancouver BC Richmond area....Track?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Vancouver BC Richmond area....Track?

Hi all, planning to get in town for 1 week in Vancouver BC Richmond area.......I would like to know is there any track or hobby shop around that area...? Most interested to go to the hobby shop and see will there be anything that we don't usually get in USA....like those RC parts from HK....

Thanks.....
Old 07-08-2004, 08:33 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Check out the Golden Horizon Hobbies in Richmond
Old 07-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Try to visit either of the 3:

Golden Horizons - mix of different brands mostly hop-ups
RC Pitstop - serpent seller, etc.
INDY hobbies - Kyosho's, etc

While in town, you might want to drop by Lansdowne mall, parking lot outside Toys R Us and we run there Tuesday's and Saturday's around 6:00PM 'til there's sunlight.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

what is the current state of r/c hobby in vancouver nowadays?

is apollo not going on anymore, how is it running in lansdowne with ken? and what are the rules if you want to run there?

seems like the scene is dead here, and very hard to get a trustworthy parts supplier. I'm really thinking about getting rid of all my equipment for dirt cheap just to free up some space at home.

cheers
Old 07-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would consider it a good year.The last couple have been a little tense.There are a couple of groups holding racing one is overgeared and the other is cracker racing.Between the two groups you get the best of both worlds in terms of track layout.There is another group on Vancouver island that is very well established as well.What is happening now that is very nice to see is the groups are talking to each other and trying to support each others race dates.If you get a chance come on out to the cracker racing track this weekend and say hi the guys are very nice.264th and fraser hwy.The weekend after that is overgeared race 152nd and fraser hwy.I feel that we are making great progress.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

We do landsdowne mall parking lot tuesday and saturday nights 5.pm to dark for practise
Old 07-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i was just there today with a friend checking it out for most of the night. its a really friendly and fun racing scene which is also why im gonna start going saturdays. track is relatively clean for a parking lot since it has been blown off and overall its just really fun!
Old 07-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Yup it's a nice parking lot track. Now hopefully we get an official throphy race held in this track.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
STi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by f2000racer
Yup it's a nice parking lot track.
Actually, no.

I don't know why they always try to squeeze in so many turns here and there, making smooth, consistant driving almost impossible, not to mention the lack of space to pass safely due to the cramped layout. Professional tracks are much larger, yet they have fewer corners.

Just something to think about.

I agree that the track has been getting better as time went by though. I just hope they'll start looking at how other people do things, and follow their footsteps.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

if your car is dialed in right, and your driving style is hooked, your car can have the smoothest driving line....
Old 07-20-2004, 04:06 PM
STi
Tech Regular

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
if your car is dialed in right, and your driving style is hooked, your car can have the smoothest driving line....
Not really. Look at the real tracks, for both RC and real automotive racing. There are regulations so people can actually drive the proper racing line while allowing others who are faster to pass either through the outside or the inside of the turn. There is a reason why so many cars are crashing or smashing into cars from other lanes. The lanes should be at least 5 cars wide everywhere; if that means less corners, so be it.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

i dont think vince has enough fire hose to make the course any bigger lol, but if he did im sure we would take up as much space as we could.... we do have that whole side of the parking lot.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:52 PM
STi
Tech Regular

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
i dont think vince has enough fire hose to make the course any bigger lol, but if he did im sure we would take up as much space as we could.... we do have that whole side of the parking lot.
They don't need more fire hose. I'm talking about keeping the same size track, but reducing the number of corners. That way lanes will be wider, better drivers can actually follow proper racing lines and have room to pass slower drivers, and less people will crash or run into other lanes. Lanes should be at least 50% wider than what it is right now.

Most standard medium-sized tracks have two less corners than they have at Lansdowne, and Lansdowne is considered to be a mini NTC track.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

i think we should change up the course, its about to get boring, and i do agree with making less corners, but not too less, otherwise we could just setup and oval
Old 07-22-2004, 11:19 PM
STi
Tech Regular

The basic layout is good, simply taking out a corner from each side of the track would probably do the trick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.