Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the setup help guys. I printed out the Numan setup. I'll have to work on a spool, I made one before with the xxx-s and can work another one up. I built the car with the brown grease up front to give it a tighter feel like a spool, but it sounds like I need a true blue locked spool from what I've read. It's good to be back into a Losi for onroad. We should have a good carpet season this fall/winter here in Kansas.

racer-oZ
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Any idea how to tell if you have correct deg. rear hubs with out buying them and putting them on the car to see a rear wheel point the other direction....
Where is Todd's phone number when you need it...
Stand the car up, resting on the rear of the chassis. Use a square of some sort to compare the toe angle of the rear wheels. You'll see the difference against the square object very easily if the hubs are indeed wrong.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I saw it 3 feet away, he just needs a way to do it while the hubs are still in the package.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
And some good bats!
Oh yes! Bill is right! i finally got to run my new IB 3800's and the 3600's this weekend and they are the Bomb! EA motorsports IB's with some killer voltage and run time. At 30 amp numbers my 3800's have 1.195 voltage. It was like going from a 19 turn to a 15 turn. Of course my old batts were GP3300's at 1.165's. I like these new IB cells for sure.

Brant
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Stand the car up, resting on the rear of the chassis. Use a square of some sort to compare the toe angle of the rear wheels. You'll see the difference against the square object very easily if the hubs are indeed wrong.
Any idea how to tell if you have correct deg. rear hubs with out buying them and putting them on the car to see a rear wheel point the other direction....
Yeah I was talking about hubs that are still in the package, its easy to see how off they are when they are on the car but I wanted to know if there was any way to tell if the package that you just paid for is a new corrected pair inside or they are off. I just got 3 packages and all of them were wrong....1/2deg and 1deg offset rear hubs. Every set was wrong the only ones that were correct were the 0deg hubs. It doesnt matter its all taken care of now....Thanks to our local helping "Todge guy".
Old 08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Glad to see that wheelin my JRXS Saturday got you motivated to finish yours OZ! I think the carpet season, although a month away still, is going to be a great one with all the nice midwest carpet tracks we have plus add in a great carpet platform in the JRXS =
Old 08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've been running the KO helios for a while now, gotta say I'm definately happy with it, never had a single glitch.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I've been running the KO helios for a while now, gotta say I'm definately happy with it, never had a single glitch.

Are you using DSM with with it ?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Randy--What s the street price for helios crystal sets?

Brant
Old 08-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah I was talking about hubs that are still in the package, its easy to see how off they are when they are on the car but I wanted to know if there was any way to tell if the package that you just paid for is a new corrected pair inside or they are off. I just got 3 packages and all of them were wrong....1/2deg and 1deg offset rear hubs. Every set was wrong the only ones that were correct were the 0deg hubs. It doesnt matter its all taken care of now....Thanks to our local helping "Todge guy".
Hmmmm...Sounds like there is (and will be) a market for a simple machined "Hub Alignment Tool". Would work on Losi and Associated hubs. I would buy one...

Sorry PookyT...This would be more than a Dremel job.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Are you using DSM with with it ?
No need for DSM in my opinion, plus I love how small the 302F reciever is.

POOKY- I havent bought X-Tals since I bought the radio, but I think they were around $25 bucks, dont really remember.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Thats what I'm really leaning towards. I need one before a race in 2 weeks though.

Oh sorry Bill........and my JRXS rocks! ( needed radio info )

Does anybody have a setup for outdoor asphalt with foam tires????? Hook a brutha up Paleezz!

Brant
here is a wealth of setup sheets.
http://www.jrxs.net/forums/index.php?showforum=8

Also Here is some entertainment for you everyone.
http://www.jrxs.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=349

Last edited by Gearhead3; 08-01-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, can anyone tell me exactly what parts I'd need to make up a spool for the car. I've got pleanty of the pulleys from the XXXS still, was just going to use the XXXS spool pads.

Can any of the parts from the XXXS diff be used?

Thanks
OLI
Old 08-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad to see that wheelin my JRXS Saturday got you motivated to finish yours OZ! I think the carpet season, although a month away still, is going to be a great one with all the nice midwest carpet tracks we have plus add in a great carpet platform in the JRXS =
Doug, the car is very close should be able to finish it this weekend.

racer-oZ
Old 08-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Hi, can anyone tell me exactly what parts I'd need to make up a spool for the car. I've got pleanty of the pulleys from the XXXS still, was just going to use the XXXS spool pads.

Can any of the parts from the XXXS diff be used?

Thanks
OLI
Just the pulleys and the pads are the only parts you need. Leave the balls out when assembling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.