Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Tell Nitor Blunders !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Do Tell Nitor Blunders !!

Hi All, Here is a forum to Confess the mistakes we have all done or maybe not who know's but we have all made some kinda mistake but we don't tell nobody or maybe sombody but it's just a laugh in the parking lot..

Here's my story I use to race RC along time ago and I thought I would get back into it agian but this time I'm GOING TO RUN NITRO no more batteries no more chargers MAN POWER "MUHAHAHA" GAS smell it FAST !! I got a used car and spent a week with the tear down learning the car cleaning and building it back up to a show car no dirt totally clean hours of putting everything together to spec nothing can go wrong finally finished friday night, it was night cause the sun was down HEY !! the radio works servo turns awsome all looks good gotto Try it out!! Having no idea of the time I roll out to the street and glo plug it Poof MUHAHAHAH first start Bzzzzz Bzzzzz gotto run it I have street lights I swing the turn at max speed and the radio battery pack fly's out and hit's the curb the car takes OFF over my front yard under my car across the neighbors yard and smashes into there front door BLAM !!!

My luck it's a security Door makes a sound louder than my Car I felt like a kid ran and grabbed my car and into the garage I went like a Ding-Dong ditcher LOL yes they opened the door and I looked at my watch it was 11:45 PM HAHA..Moral of the story My neighbor now hates me and it's all cause of a tie strap so make sure you secure all your stuff...hehe

Pic of the car why not to bad just A broken left side and couple of rims..

Soo Do tell we all need a laugh..
Attached Thumbnails Do Tell Nitor Blunders !!-cam2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Good one! Unfortunately I don't have any funny experiances to relate to at the moment but I will sure keep my eye on this thread.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Great Thread Ledsleds, look forward to the stories. Keep them coming.

PS: nice shell
Old 03-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My 3 big dogs liked to chase my electric cars around the street. Then I got a nitro car and they didn't like the noise so when one of them caught it they put big holes in the body and ripped half of the right side off of the car.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

just last week i was so excited to run my new TNX 5.2R in our local offroad track. that was a weekend and we had terrible traffic, plus there was heavy construction on my usual route, had to through a longer way. took me more than an hour to reach the track (normally takes less than 30 min.)

when i got to the track, i gassed up, turned on my radio and the receiver, primed the engine, stuck the igniter, and tried to start the engine with the rotorstarter.

then nothing it wouldnt start, not even a sound that the glowplug wants to fire up the fuel after several more tries, it felt that the engine was flooded. i removed the glowplug, stuck it in the igniter, and it was still okay. check the fuel lines, theyre good, fuel was flowing. rotorstarter batteries are good, no signs of dumping.

then i tried again. nothing ive waited about 2 weeks since i brought my TNX, broken-in a week ago, and this is the day that i am going to run on an actual racetrack i endured more than an hour of traffic and my truck wouldnt start

i was ready to pack up all my stuff and head home. then i saw the culprit ...

i remembered that i cleaned up the truck after last week's break-in. i looked at the carb and there was no air filter

only this ...

port cap

so i had to call up my friend and waited another hour for him to arrive so i can borrow his air filter
Attached Thumbnails Do Tell Nitor Blunders !!-port-cap.jpg  
Old 03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Been There....Done That!!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

I remember forgetting to tighten the nuts on the wheels and watching them spin off. I've even forgot to fill the fuel tank and wonder why it won't start.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

definitely had the nuts come loose because I "thought they were tightened enough" happened multiple times in one night, in a fairly dark parking lot.....miraculously I found the nuts and the wheels each time........the trusty mag lite to the rescue as well as my patience.

my most traumatic was when I finally got my rs4 4 ss (highly modified) rtr to run one day during last winter break and I went out to run it and the throttle servo wire came loose from the wire tie, wrapped around the rear left wheel, tore off the receiver, flipped it around a few times, finally the servos came out of the receiver, engine went to full rev, flung the failsafe, and I almost got to the engine before it popped, reached under the car it had run under, and then Pop went my engine. Overall the car was fine, besides the failsafe and the engine. I was really lucky in that sense. My dad was watching me at the time and all we could do was laugh, I MUST make sure those zip ties are more secure, I thought it was setup good, obviously not.....
Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

HaHa, luv the Carb cap and lug's classic, here we go agian the next weekend I take my new ride out to the street three four tanks whoot !!

RUNNIN GOOD Got it all tuned in then my Lady comes out "Hey that looks like fun can I drive it?" Hmmmmmmmmmmm heart sinks "sure" here's the throttle and this is the steering no problam right Bzzzzzz Bzzzzzzz not sure but i bet you know the feeling when sombody takes the wheel of your car if you have ever handed it over, it's like all this stuff going through your mind and prayin they don't hit a curb.

Sure enough she looses site behind a parked car BLAM !! after I just rebult the front end LoL ! anyway the new bumper is on order and moral is gal's can barely drive real car's let alone a Nitor street car ROFL....

Keep the Blunders commin !!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I once for got to put the locating pin for the 2 speed back on the shaft and wondered why it was stuck in 1st gear
Another time i forgot to put the E-clip on that holds the 2 speed spurs on the shaft and had them fall off one the first right hand corner after exiting the pits!
I have also tried starting the car before a race and the last thing i checked was to see if there was any fuel
Old 03-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvi
just last week i was so excited to run my new TNX 5.2R in our local offroad track. that was a weekend and we had terrible traffic, plus there was heavy construction on my usual route, had to through a longer way. took me more than an hour to reach the track (normally takes less than 30 min.)

when i got to the track, i gassed up, turned on my radio and the receiver, primed the engine, stuck the igniter, and tried to start the engine with the rotorstarter.

then nothing it wouldnt start, not even a sound that the glowplug wants to fire up the fuel after several more tries, it felt that the engine was flooded. i removed the glowplug, stuck it in the igniter, and it was still okay. check the fuel lines, theyre good, fuel was flowing. rotorstarter batteries are good, no signs of dumping.

then i tried again. nothing ive waited about 2 weeks since i brought my TNX, broken-in a week ago, and this is the day that i am going to run on an actual racetrack i endured more than an hour of traffic and my truck wouldnt start

i was ready to pack up all my stuff and head home. then i saw the culprit ...

i remembered that i cleaned up the truck after last week's break-in. i looked at the carb and there was no air filter

only this ...

port cap

so i had to call up my friend and waited another hour for him to arrive so i can borrow his air filter

OMG!! I experienced the same thing. Funny thing is that, I just cleaned my engine. When I got to the track, it wouldn't start. Then I though "what the hell did i do wrong to the engine?" I was planning to open my engine until i found out that i didn't put the air filter just the same thing you have...
Old 03-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzD
OMG!! I experienced the same thing. Funny thing is that, I just cleaned my engine. When I got to the track, it wouldn't start. Then I though "what the hell did i do wrong to the engine?" I was planning to open my engine until i found out that i didn't put the air filter just the same thing you have...
hey fritzD, great minds think alike
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

I had wired my starter box up backwards when I first got it. For more than 1/2 the race season, I was fighting ans starting the engine backwards, wondering why I would have to figh to get it to start the OS I was running. I read an article and looked at how the starter wheel was spinning. I swapped the battery wires and it started the first time every time.

I missed 1/2 a main in the big race we had that season because of that. I wasn't that happy.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Oh man, I just remembered a better one...

I just got my first nitro car. An old Kyosho Spider MkII. POC, let me tell you. But it was cheap, so I couldn't complain.

Its late one night and I'm drying some clothes at the laundrymat. I decide to putter around in the parking lot. Not that it could go any faster than that anyway. So I put my transmitter down and try to start the engine. After 15 seconds, the engine catches. I hear 'Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee' as the car shoots from my hands and flies toward the curb. At which point I'm thinking 'rule #1, turn your radio on, idiot!'. But the curb should stop it, i figure.

Then I hear 'WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII' as the bumper springs the car in the air, where it flies 10 feet and hits the trunk of an 85 Cadillac Fleetwood, flips over, and dies out.

All I can think of at that point was 'That was interesting...'
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Nitro blunders

Here is one for ya.
A couple of years ago, I was running one of my trucks in the street. Like a fool, I did not install the brand new fail safe that I had JUST purchased. I go ripping up the street about 15 houses, and stop to turn around. As the truck started coming back to me, it took a mind of its own, and went widly out of control. It started going stright donw the street towards me, but then at the last minute, shot off to the left, up a driveway, and smashed into a brand new house, with a brand new aluminum garage door. It flew up the drive way so fast, that when it hit the door, it hit about 4 feet up the door, smashing three panels of this nerw door. The owners came running out because when it hit, it hit so hard they thought a real truck hit the door. Needless to say, I had to pay for the door to be repaired $475.00, and the cost of the damage to the truck, of about $75.00. When I drive by the house now, I dont even like to look at the door, because all I think about is there went $555.00 down the tubes. Plus my neighbors wont even talk to me anymore<no loss there>.
WHATCHA GONNA DO??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.