Search

Glitching on my XXX-S cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Glitching on my XXX-S cars

Hi all,

I am experiencing severe glitching in my TWO Losi XXX-S cars that has come on big time recently.

Both graphite chassis have Monster Pro motors (with additional capacitors soldered in place) , LRP QC2 speed controls, 94737 Airtronics servos, JR RS300 syn receivers and are controlled by a JR XS3 syn radio at 75 hz.

Both Monster motors turn right at 25,000 rpm at 5V on my Yokomo Motor Management System (no load). They are my best motors.

I have:
1) confirmed there are no wires touching the graphite chassis
2) moved the speed control (from back to front), receiver (on end to accommodate ESC ahead of motor) and personal transponder (on top of tunnel) in both chassis.
3) rerouted the wiring...this way and that
4) tried multiple positions with the antenna wire
5) turned the comm and installed new brushes on the motor
6) tried noise suppressors on the wiring
7) tried multiple radio channels
8) taped battery packs to eliminate any possibility of glitching.
9) and lots more.

A few people have told me to give up on the 75 hz radio/receiver and get a 27 hz radio/receiver. However, I really like the JR XS3 radio/receiver setup which worked just fine a few weeks ago.

Anyone got any clues??? I'm officially desperate!!!

Bill
Old 06-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Bill,

If it is happening on both of your cars the transmitter is the likely culprit. Do you know of anybody with the same model transmitter that would let you try it out for a race day?

Art
Old 06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Have you tested the car in a different area? Maybe it could be outside interference.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Bill, have you tried any other type of motor? Mod motors,19t motors or something like a core or reedy stocker? Just curious if it only does it with monster motors?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

There are so many variables that can cause glitching. Only few that we can actually test.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Have you tested the car in a different area? Maybe it could be outside interference.
Hi Tony,

The glitching has happened at Speedworld, Newark and at home over the past week. Therefore, it's not location driven.

Check out fatdoggy's similar post of yesterday. He also has a JR 75 hz radio.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Does the ESC need any capacitors or diodes?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Advil
Bill,

If it is happening on both of your cars the transmitter is the likely culprit. Do you know of anybody with the same model transmitter that would let you try it out for a race day?

Art
Hi Art,

Seems that way. Gonna first try 1.5 V AA batteries instead of the rechargables I have been using in my JR. Should know more tomorrow night.

Kathy certainly benefited from my glitching problem on Saturday. Even if she did have to fight her way back for the win...he, he...

Thanks.

Bill
Old 06-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
Does the ESC need any capacitors or diodes?
Not really per LRP. I have the World's power cap; but, haven't installed it yet.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Bill, have you tried any other type of motor? Mod motors,19t motors or something like a core or reedy stocker? Just curious if it only does it with monster motors?
I only race sportsman stock at this time so Monsters are what I usually have in both cars. One is for racing and the other is the test bed for changes.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

It sounds like the transmitter is the only constant. You've got seperate electronics in both cars right? Assuming that's the case, it's gotta be a problem with the transmitter. At least it's got a 3 year warranty.

You've got me a little nervous though. I just bought an XS3 this past weekend.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mwcet8k
It sounds like the transmitter is the only constant. You've got seperate electronics in both cars right? Assuming that's the case, it's gotta be a problem with the transmitter. At least it's got a 3 year warranty.

You've got me a little nervous though. I just bought an XS3 this past weekend.
Your analytical skills appear to be on target. I'm going to try new batteries even though the rechargables usually indicate 11+ volts.

Did you get a 27 hz or 75 hz model?
Old 06-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Bill, let me throw this one at ya. I have a pro4 that only glitches when I run monster stockers. If I run ANY other motor , be it stock or mod, the car acts fine. I did have luck this past weekend with installing an external capacitor between the positive and negative poles on the monster motor with the board on there as well. I am wondering if the capacitors in the pc board on the motor are going bad over a short amount of time. Looks like it might be time to go back to the old trusty external 3 cap design and remove the board.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Your analytical skills appear to be on target. I'm going to try new batteries even though the rechargables usually indicate 11+ volts.

Did you get a 27 hz or 75 hz model?
I bought a 75 mhz model for two reasons. One, thirty channels versus six. And two, almost every kid that shows up at the track with his new RTR has 27 mhz and all too often they don't know anything about making sure their frequency is open (or even what frequency they're on) before they turn everything on. I've had a 27 mhz system in the past and lost control of my car one time too many because of this.

I hope you're able to get this fixed soon. IMO, there is nothing more frustrating in R/C than interference problems. I feel your pain man.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

I already to bill this but ill post to you guys.

This does not explain bill's prob but for me it was CVD's( i think thats the right abbreviation.)

the pin had slipped just a bit and the aluminum dog bone holes had widen a little.

so every time on the same point of the track it glitches and it did it on two different tracks.

i rebuilt them with new cvd and dog bones and it never happened again.

so at a certain point on the track, the speed and track would make my cvd hook the hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.